cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's try to be patient with Sprint and Windows Phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like many of you, I'm sure you are very frustrated with Sprint and their lack of a decent selection of Windows Phone.  Let's face it, even T-Mobile and AT&T have better 1st generation phones than both Sprint and Verizon combined.  But let's try to remember something, but first, I need to stress that I don't work for Sprint, nor do I condone their treatment of the WP end user.  I have been a SERO user.  I was patient.  I waited diligently for Sprint to allow us SERO users to get their "premium" phones, for example, Android, 1Ghz+ processors, etc.  Then they allowed us with a $10 increase.  Then I waited for 4G to be enabled for SERO users, and that was another $10.  What's the point? 

Our patience will pay off, as it did for many of us on SERO who weren't bullied into their Simply Everything plans.  Now, remember that Sprint boasts on their "first" campaign.  Sprint was the first to offer 4G (WiMax) in the states.  If you remember, Sprint also offered the first WP, and was the first to roll out MS NoDo update.  I believe that Sprint is trying to play a very calculated game.  I'm sure that Sprint could have easily had a WP earlier, but look at the other WP with a slide out keyboard (since that was their choice).  The LG Quantum is a flimsy device that might have never wooed business users.  The quality on the HTC Arrive is much better, and I think an overall good device (not considering the screen is incredibly washed out, and I don’t believe that it is SLCD). Their game is to say, we try to be first, offering the best, although sometimes it may not seem like that.

I haven’t seen how Verizon subscribers are dealing with their only choice of Windows Phones, and I can imagine they must be angrier than us.  I played around with the trophy, and it’s trash, no offense to HTC, but really just a bad quality device.  Some of you may disagree which is fine, but I’m biased to the HD7, Titan and Samsung Focus/S.  Sprint gave us a better phone that I can use until our premium phone comes to us.  Trust me guys, it will.

Now, Sprint can do one of two things.  They can pump more money into their iPhone campaign, promote the hell out of Android, and just hope that a few squeaky wheels (WP users) would just die off quietly, or Sprint can exploit their campaign for being first, partner with Nokia and give us the Nokia 900 that was announced today.  We all know that it probably won’t be the latter, but I have faith in Sprint.  Does anybody remember the CDMA device that passed FCC (http://wmpoweruser.com/is-the-samsung-omnia-7-coming-to-usa-with-a-front-facing-camera-in-tow/)?  It was the Samsung Omnia 7 with a front facing camera.  It’s pretty premium when you think about the specs (basically a Samsung Omnia if you are familiar with AT&T, large screen at 4.0 in, SAMOLED screen).  We may just luck out; we just have to be patient. 

I’m not going to lie, I couldn’t be patient any longer, so I’m carrying an unlocked Dell Venue Pro with an awesome T-Mobile prepaid plan ($30 for 100 minutes, and unlimited text and 4G up to 5GB, unlimited otherwise).  So, I carry two phones.  Dumb I know, but the DVP is awesome that I use for music surfing and just about everything, while my Arrive is used for calls. Crazy, really I know, but the plan is awesome, and it allows me to be patient without giving up Sprint.

We can do it, you guys, we just have to try to stay patient with Sprint.

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

We have been waiting a year, and sprint isnt 1st with anything. other than 1st ones to keep raising their rates. as i said in my other post. at&t ALREADY partnered with Nokia for 2-3 new window phone 7 phones. sprint cant do anything.. nor do they want to. i have been patient for a very long time, asked sprint for some answers and im sure you can guess the kind i got..they claim to have no ideas.. thats because they dont want to support wp7 for us.. i cant wait to find a good deal elsewhere. but to ask people to wait almost 2 years after people have been aware of wp7 is rediculous

Journeyman

I agree. Sprint is always the last to get phones and that really sucks.  I am really thinking about leaving.

Journeyman

Yeah.  Have an Arrive but am disappointed about the lack of new WP7 phones on Sprint.  I'd really like one without a keyboard.... 

Come on Sprint!  Listen to your customers!

Journeyman

I wouldn't doubt if Sprint's going to pull a Verizon---wait for LTE supproted Windows phone.  If that's true, now with Sprint's recent announcement, we won't be seeing any new devices till middle of 2012.

Journeyman

Yeah but rumors already have Verizon already testing out Nokia LTE devices on their networks. Have yet to hear any rumors from the Sprint side.

Journeyman

Sprint better throw us a bone here otherwise, why should we stay?

Journeyman

+1

I too am becoming impatient for news of a 2nd gen Windows Phone 7.5 -- perhaps something from Nokia -- or an HTC Titan????!!!!!  I'm about to jump to AT&T, but I'd rather not. Please Sprint, at least give us a hint that you will have new Windows Phone hardware available SOON.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat