Did you mean: 

Lumia 635 on Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman
25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lumia 635 on Sprint!

It is about time. This is a start. The problem is it is a budget phone and Sprint has the absolute worst history of support for Windows Phones. We'll have to wait and see if Sprint will actually advertise these and train their employees that their is more in the world than iOS and Android.

Highlighted
Master

ShayPThai

Thank you for sharing this. We appreciate it. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like you Sprint costumers are finally getting a Lumia(Soon to be MS) phone.  I hope Sprint realizes that this is just a start and they need to pick up 2-3 WP's when the Windows 10 lineup comes out.  Otherwise this is just a waste of time and an outdated phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I thought it would be the selfie phone. Not sure this is better or worse, but suspect lower end. I would really like something like the Nokia Icon or HTC one M8. I guess Having something is better than nothing? But is a 635 really worth an "upgrade" from my HTC 8XT (that I finally got 8.1 on)? I suspect probably not. Need to check the specs. It may be that this is the only phone Sprint will get (likely) and if so, that means nothing else for 18-24 months like last two times. In which case... Ugggggh. I remember not being impressed by 635, since it is off contract phone you can buy at target for weird carriers. Need to refresh memory.

Highlighted
Master

WPuser7.5,

Thanks for stopping by. Check out our phone inventory by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/1jIdlcZ

- David
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

When I read this on WPC this morning I nearly threw up. Going on 20 months with this 8XT (which I like), and now the next WP is a downgrade from my current device?

How is this possible? What are all of us ATIV and 8XT customers supposed to do, other than switch OS or leave Sprint?

Unacceptable.

This is coming from a very patient person as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looked at specs, it is far worse than I could have imagined. This isn't another ho-hum mid-level phone. This is flat out bottom of the barrel, one step above a feature phone. Then sprint powers that be will cry about how poorly Windows Phone does them as a provider. I guess if this us all we are getting, it is time to go. 18 months I waited for a bottom of the barrel windows phone. (which granted, still makes it more capable than iPhone or Android, but no front camera, awful rear camera and no flash? And it gets worse from there. ..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes!

It's an insult to existing Sprint WP users and a flat out downgrade to existing devices.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/HTC-8XT,Nokia-Lumia-635/phones/7933%2C8572

Highlighted
Journeyman

So this is what you've been telling us to wait for, Sprint? You couldn't even bother to get a midrange device, and start out with a less than mediocre bottom of the barrel "budget" device? Disgusting. This is a slap in the face for WP users who have been waiting for Sprint to finally get a "current" Windows phone.

Highlighted
Master

Elle_Emme - This is not the way we here at Sprint wants you to feel, I want to apologize. If you can, may you leave suggestions on ways to make the upcoming device better? Sprint strives to satisfy each and every customer. - Tiffani
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The upcoming device would be better, if for starters it had at least double the RAM, and a front facing camera w/ a LED flash.

TBH, Sprint, no existing WP user will buy this device. Perhaps a few Arrive users, but none of the 8XT/ASIV users will. I'm sure Sprint is aware of this though. 😕

I'm hoping Sprint will release another, higher end WP in 2015. My contract is up in May, and if there is no WP upgrade, then there is no reason to stay.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat