cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 635 on Sprint!

Journeyman

Re: Lumia 635 on Sprint!

Couldn't agree more, well excel about the Arrive. I was an Arrive user and I wouldn't buy this phone, not even as a paper weight. You can't even use Skype without a front facing camera. 8 GB of storage is useless. I have uninstalled about 75% of my apps because I don't have enough storage. 635 is a major downgrade. So to answer the question of Elle I think or was it to Elle? Well regardless, what sprint could do to improve this phone is dump it in the garbage heap it belongs in and get something flagship. Something to make the 1020 and HTC One M8 for Windows users jealous. May I recommend the creation of a Microsoft Surface Phone exclusive for Sprint?

Journeyman

WPuser,

Right on. I too had the Arrive for a couple of years. That was a kickass device.

The 635 internal storage of 8gb (same as 8XT) is actually no longer a concern really. Both devices have the new firmware 8.1 which allows the user to DL apps to the SD card now. That's the best part of the update as far as I'm concerned.

Hopefully Sprint will accommodate it's miniscule base of WP users and offer a contemporary device. That's all we can do right now.

Both the Wilpons and Sprint are holding me hostage. Awesome!!

Master

HEINRICH138

We truly understand how you feel. We definitely wouldn't want you to lose you as a customer, please allow us to address all of your concerns. We appreciate your loyalty and patience.
- Keyahna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Everyone here should know by now that Sprint isn't going to tell you jack smack about what's coming (exception iPhones) so there's no point in asking. There maybe other WP's coming but you won't know until some other source reports it.

Journeyman

I don't think there's anything that can be done to make this specific device any better. The specs aren't even approaching mediocre, and like others have mentioned, it doesn't even come with a front-facing camera or 1 GB of RAM, which means that it can't run a good portion of the games available on the Windows Phone Marketplace. This is a phone designed to entice emerging markets (India, Bangladesh, Estonia, the Czech Republic, etc) to buy their first smartphone - not as a phone for a well-established market like the US, which is used to the Next Best Thing flagship smartphones like the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy - and certainly not one that Sprint should be trumpeting as an exciting, "powerful" addition to their lineup.

Sprint really needs to start out with at least a mid-range WP device, like the Lumia 735, the Lumia 830, the Yezz Billy 4.7 or the BLU Win HD...if not a flagship-level device like the HTC One M8 for Windows or the Lumia 930.

My husband has suffered through his HTC Arrive for almost four years now in hopes of Sprint actually getting a good Windows Phone device. The 635 being released as Sprint's first WP8 device is just insulting. Unless there's plans for more, higher-end WP launches in the short-term, there's really no need for us to stay with Sprint.

Journeyman

I am happy for all the people who wanted a Nokia Windows phone we finally got one. Aside from that there is no desire for people who want a decent phone to get this one. This is low end. I have no problem with that. But I was already using a mid range phone. I would not be going even lower spec wise. I hope this phone sells for cheap. For sprint users/nokia fans to wait this long for a phone that is might even be lower end than the HTC 8XT? That is truly a disappointment after all the waiting. If this is what they wanted to replace the HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo with then they really do not have a clue. They should keep selling those phones or bring us a better Lumia/Nokia. This is a joke. Terrible decision to bring this phone. There will be a market for those who won't go high end on their devices, but for those Sprint users that have been waiting this is definitely not the news they were hoping for. Now even that selfie phone that was rumoured looks like a miracle.

Sprint please give us a better Nokia/Lumia phone. If you are going to stop selling the old HTC and Samsung windows phone at least give us something decent. Something similar to 1020, icon or better. Why did Sprint make us wait for this? Terrible decision.

Journeyman

Everyone on here complaining about this being a low end device, have to realize that you are the minority.  Most phone users don't realize there is a difference between a lumia 635 and a 1020.  Most people buy a phone because there friends told them that its great and it was free or less than $50.  If you asked them whats the difference between their phone and another phone of the same or different OS you'd get the famous blank stare, they are clueless. You also have to realize that the people at Sprint selecting these phones don't know any better also.  You are the 1% who could tell someone the difference.  The low end phones are the biggest movers for most OS's and it because they are cheap.  High end devices don't move well and this is why Sprint selected the 635.  Heck even if I was still on Sprint I wouldn't buy a 1020, because I would rather wait for a WP 10 device to come out.  It sucks for you guys because Sprint is always behind the 8 ball and when they come out with a WP device it is already almost obsolete.

Journeyman

You see there's what doesn't make sense. You lumia folks look down your noses at the 8xt and the Neo as being inferior and old, yet some of those "high end" lumia's aren't that new.

Journeyman

He didn't have to wait, he could have gotten a Neo or HTC when they came out and both were better than the Arrive. Now by the time Sprint came out with the next device he would have been ready to upgrade again. The 635 isn't the first and Microsoft isn't even rumored to be bringing anything high end out anytime soon. Also you have to consider Sprint isn't going to tell you what if anything they have in the pipeline. They may have something more coming or not you have to wait or take your business elsewhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was in Minneapolis over the weekend and the Microsoft store still has the Samsung ATIV on display for Sprint if you want it under contract for $99 or not for $459 or so.  I am on a SERO plan so have been checking corporate stores to check for stock to replace my Arrive but it appears they have all been told to send them back...BUT....I called the campus store in Overland Park, KS and the lady there found a few in back that she was surprised were still there and agreed to send one to my local store after they called them.  So maybe that is worth a shot for those of you still looking in the next couple of days.

Master

THESANDBOX1

Great! If you have nay questions or concerns. We're here to help.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

DIALM4SPEED wrote:

Everyone here should know by now that Sprint isn't going to tell you jack smack about what's coming (exception iPhones) so there's no point in asking. There maybe other WP's coming but you won't know until some other source reports it.

Yeah Sprintcare is pretty much useless. It's just a bunch of robots that only have the same generic responses.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat