cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950XL

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lumia 950XL

I would like to buy an unlocked Lumia 950XL from Microsoft when the phones are released.

What is the possibility of it working on the Sprint network?

The specs for the phone:

[inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Tags (2)
80 REPLIES 80
Journeyman

Re: Lumia 950XL

So, Here are the technologies and frequencies that it will work with:

GSM network: 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, 1900MHz

GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 296.0kbps

GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8kbps

WCDMA network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 8 (900MHz)

WCDMA max data speed DL: 42.2Mbps (Cat 24)

WCDMA max data speed UL: 5.76Mbps (Cat 6)

LTE FDD network: Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 17 (700MHz), Band 2 (1900MHz), Band 20 (800MHz), Band 3 (1800MHz), Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), Band 5 (850MHz), Band 7 (2600MHz), Band 8 (900MHz), Band 28 (700MHz), Band 12 (700MHz)

TD-LTE network: Band 38 (2570-2620MHz), Band 40 (2300-2400MHz), Band 41 partially (2555-2575 MHz)

LTE max data speed DL: 300 Mbps (Cat 6)

LTE max data speed UL: 50 Mbps (Cat 6)

Does Sprint use WDCMA? I am not asking if Sprint will carry or sell the phone. I am asking if the phone has the capacity to work on a Sprint network if Sprint decides to allow it to do so.

Can someone from Sprint please answer this question in a straightforward and un-evasive manner? Please?

Wizard

Answer is no, it does not have Sprint bands. Sprint uses band 25(1900), 26(800), and 41(2500).

Journeyman

Sprint has been specifically barred from selling the 950/XL based on its past horrible support for WP. 

Journeyman

walk into any sprint store and the service people are clueless with wp. They will try to talk you into a craphone or dandroid. So tired of the same o same o. Wonder why sprint is now in fourth place and losing money hand over foot. Still seem like Dan is still running sprint.

Wizard

You should buy a 'dandroid' and theme it to be WP. Problem solved. Or not

Journeyman

The fact that WP is the better OS is without question. I am not concerned if the rest of the world thinks so or if WP dominates the cell phone OS wars.. What does concern me is not having the choice of phone I prefer. Sprints refusal to allow me to upgrade to a high end WP is upsetting to say the least. I have six phones on my plan. I am charged 300+ a month in fees. I think I deserve my phone of choice. If I am forced to watch my friends and coworkers upgrade to the 950 XL simply because they subscribe to a different cell phone carrier that will be the last straw and I will take my 300+ a month business to another carrier that gives me the choice of phones I deserve.

Journeyman

Don't fall for sprint9149's obvious rant bait...let's hope he's followed through with his unsubscribe threat.

WP is my preferred OS, but I'd have a very tough time arguing its the better OS.  The fact is that the Insider Preview builds are buggy as heck and not even feature complete.  Its also behind the other manufactures in what it supports and features within the OS.  Now, its not stuff I use or even care about, but WP today, lacks 1st party app support and we have yet to see if Project's Islandwood / Astoria will bring the missing apps to WP.  Win10 has a lot of momentum behind it after the launch day event, but we have yet to see if that brings universal apps to the entire Win10 core (WP, xbox, etc)

Besides, the 950/950XL don't even support the CDMA bands Sprint uses...they are not coming to Sprint or Verizon, that's just a cold hard fact, they do not work on CDMA carriers.  It also doesn't mean that LG, Samsung or HTC couldn't fill the void.  10/20 is HTC's fall launch event, so we can hope...(doubtful, as its the One A9 launch event), but we can hope.

No threats about leaving, I'm bringing 2 lines to Cricket, leaving 2 here.

Journeyman

What in God's name are you blathering about?

No one is here speaking about how superb WP is. I see none of that. Matter of fact, link or lie please.

All we are saying is that we are all loyal Sprint customers and would appreciate some honesty from the company when it comes to support for the OS.

We would like a couple of new devices offered. What's the problem?

Btw, saying "blah blah" reveals you to be 14 years old.

Journeyman

[inappropriate link removed] Seems that is no hope in the near future

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines:  http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/buzz-admin-blog/blog/2010/01/01/sprintcom-comm...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Just spoke with Microsoft customer serviceUntitled.pngpraying this is true.

Journeyman

I don't think it is but be sure and let us know how it works out.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat