cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 950XL

Journeyman

Re: Lumia 950XL

After bringing my phone to the repair center, they offered to replace the phone as they could not get it working properly.  However, they gave me two choices, a Galaxy S4 or if I wanted to stay with Windows Phone, the Lumia 635.  That's like picking the lesser of two evils.  I went with the Lumia 635 to keep Windows.  Let me just say that there is no way I can keep this phone for long.  Don't get me wrong, I like Lumias, but this phone is too lower end for me compared to what I had with the Neo.  I really wish Sprint would get the new Lumia 950.  This 635 doesn't have a front camera, no flash, no camera button, smaller screen, it's slower than the Neo, and it's just not working out too well.  My plan is to use this phone to hold me over until Sprint gets a new (and great) Windows 10 Mobile device.  But I do have to admit, AT&T was looking really good to me this past week.  I gave it serious consideration, and I still am.  I think I'm on borrowed time with Sprint, which is unfortunate because I've been with them for as long as I can remember, going back to the Nextel days.

Journeyman

So I had a 635. It failed and I went through the same issue where the sprint store tried to talk me into an iphone. They did not even have any 635s to swap me to.

I had to order a used one on ebay, wait for it, then call support to do the swap. to add insult to injury, they charged me $39 to do the swap. The 635 is totally underpowered for windows 10 and gave me lots of issues.

I finally bought a 950, and moved it to Cricket. It is running windows 10 flawlessly.

I have dropped it at least a dozen times with no issues. And Continuum is great!

The only warning is they don'tt support mobile Hotspot on this phone yet.

This is the best thing I've done as far as phones are concerned. I pay $60 a month, and the coverage is great. Cricket uses ATTs network, and their rates are less than ATT.

When my families phone need an upgrade, they will move too.

I really wanted to stay, but they showed me no promise that they would host the 950s.

what a shame. Had my phones on sprint for close to 15 years.

Journeyman

I have been with Sprint for at least 15 years, and have been mostly happy with them. But this Windows OS thing may have me jumping ship as well. I am still under contract - when I renewed, I switched to Android, HTC One M9. I did have the HTC 8XT, Windows. I hated the Android so badly that I reactivated my old 8XT. I now have the barely used M9 sitting on my counter. So here's my question - have any of you moved to AT&T, and if so, what has been your experience so far? They want me badly - offering many incentives, since I have DirecTV.

Journeyman

I agree with you on this one. I may be jumping ship here soon as well. I have Tried to like android phones but the system feels clunky and unstable to me. Also I can't stand apples Dumbed down approach to the OS. I have liked the simplistic and powerful way that the Windows OS works and now there is not even one phone available. I have an Ativ S Neo that I would like to replace but can't. This tree year old phone is the best Win phone sprint has. I am hoping that they get a new Win phone in their lineup soon, and not a piece of junk like the Lumia 635 that they had but a good phone like the L950/L950XL or equivalent.

Oh and yes when ever you enter a phone store the first thing they try and sell you is an iPhone. you walk in saying I want a Windows phone, they look at you crazy and then they say of you meant iPhone. This annoy' the  [inappropriate word removed] out of me. I have lost count of how many times this has happened to me.

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

GrandMaster

i recommend doing your research on att and the areas you frequent...every carrier is the same..some are better in areas that the others..my area is more of a sprint/verizon type area rather than tmo and att..hour or so down the road and its a different story. never go by their coverage maps..go by actual customers and or apps that gather info from customers actual phones and not added in by carriers.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I know - it's pretty sad when I'd rather use my old 8XT than a brand new One M9! I completely agree with you, the Android feels clunky and "busy" to me, whereas the Windows is quick, clean, and does what I want it to do when I want it to.

Journeyman

Thanks for your reply - I will check around with my coworkers. I've overall been happy with Sprint - am just unhappy with the Windows phone situation.

GrandMaster

understandable. not sure why they arent doing more with windows phones..im only guessing but they might not have a big following of windows phones. if its anything like android and apple they must start off by purchasing a certain amount of the devices out the gate..they might have looked at the books and noticed a drop in how many are being purchased and are slowly fazing it out..again this is my guess.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Funny you say that, but it seems Microsoft has "banned" every Qualcomm based CDMA network to sell any device with Windows 10 for Mobile out of the box. I sense your comment is very scripted.

Journeyman

Because Microsoft has been treating CDMA as a unfathered child. This goes back to 2002.

Journeyman

WinCentral reputable? Don't make me laugh! They have an anti-CDMA agenda, and an editor who has been known to bash Sprint in every way possible, including reviewing devices weeks/months late, and trying to start more drama the day a competing site wrote an article to expose him as the fraud he really is. Sprint sent him and his staff a response which really forced WinCentral to retreat.

Journeyman

Spartacus, based on both FCC and Global Certification Forum filings, there is NO CDMA radio on either Lumia 950 and 950XL. Even if the CDMA radio was physically visible on the device but disabled, the support for CDMA has to be mentioned on the certifications, as well which bands and frequencies are supported.

I can go even further in regards to Windows 10 for Mobile and say Microsoft has only received certification only for GSM based technologies, and has NOT submitted a version which includes certified Qualcomm CDMA code, and for that a certified Qualcomm CDMA coder is needed (which Microsoft does not have at Team Windows Phone since early last year due to their massive layoffs).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat