Greetings. I am one of the anxious Mogul users waiting for the new ROM. I am also one of the users that have tried the Beta WM 6.1 ROM and the one 'pre-released' a couple of weeks ago (3.56.651). In both ROMs, I ran into the same error. My hopes are this is the place I can find some help.
My error is while syncing with my company's Exchange. The error is 0x8503001C (error with repllog.exe). Reverting back to the WM 6.0 ROM produces no error. Some additional details. Syncing my InBox and Tasks checked only, gives me no error. Adding a checkmark to Contacts or Calendar produces the error each time.
Hours of searching have produced remedies that deal with bad data in my Address Book and Calendar. I havedeleted everything in both, still errors, but only in WM6.1. A 10 minute revert back to WM 6.0 and it syncs perfectly.
I know, I know, I know... These are not official releases. However, I do feel there is a WM 6.1 issue. I am interested to find out if I am on an island alone with this, or if any other users that have tried the 3.56.651 ROM and have the same problem with wireless Exchange Sync.
I have tried the Beta WM 6.1 ROM and currently using the the 'pre-released' (3.56.651).
I did not any the Problem with any Over The Air or wireless exchage sync.
You may want to chk with your exchage administrator if they are supporting the new windoes 6.1 clients or not.
No, I have not found a resolution. However, my exhausted searches have proven (1) It is common problem, and (2) No one has been able to directly resolve. My hopes are, as the market floods with WM 6.1, the issue will reach a boiling point.
The post just above from "longlost" was much appreciated. However, the Exchange Administrator was a dead end. Working for a large company, we could grab the ear of Microsoft. The response was ActiveSync was not changed from 6.0 to 6.1, and therefore, nothing on the Exchange Server is needed. It was suggested that it wasa vendor issue (HTC or Sprint). Because we only officially have BES for mobile mail, Windows Mobile devices were not under our support contract. Supposively, repllog.exe is only for serial connections and should not be 'in play' for wireless sync.
Who knows... If I can find a fix, I will post it ASAP.
I remember reading in one of the forums some people having problems with the update to WM 6.1 and Exchange. If I remember correctly there was a download from Microsoft that fixed the issue for most people. I'm trying to find the link as I type this (I didn't need the download, so I didn't bookmark it), if I find it I'll post it for you. I believe it was over at PPC Geeks or XDa forums that I found it, but we'll see. It was something with a certificate of some type or a SS-something. Sorry I can't be of more help right now.