cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mogul - Should it be attached to USB-1 or USB-2? Does *it* (not *I*) see the difference?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mogul - Should it be attached to USB-1 or USB-2? Does *it* (not *I*) see the difference?

As always, thank you very much for any and all advice and feedback,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

Re: Mogul - Should it be attached to USB-1 or USB-2? Does *it* (not *I*) see the difference?

There is no difference, not as far as the mogul is needing at least.

USB 1.x and 2.0 are forwards and backwards compatible. As I'm sure you've noticed the plugs are all the same.

-usb1.x devices will operate at usb1.x speed when attached to a USB2.0 port. They don't see a difference.
-Usb2.0 devices will operate at hi speed (480mbit/sec) when attached to a usb2.0 port.
-usb2.0 devices will operate at a reduced speed when attached to a usb1.x port (they run at usb1.x speed (12mbit/sec)) When you do this, windows will pop up a message stating that the device will perform faster when connected to a usb2.0 port.

as far as i know, the mogul isn't a usb2.0 device. I could be wrong on that. However the only time it will make any difference is if you have a machine with both 1.x and 2.0 USB ports and you want to allocate the hi-speed ports to devices that can take advantage of the speed.

hope that helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Mogul - Should it be attached to USB-1 or USB-2? Does *it* (not *I*) see the difference?

There is no difference, not as far as the mogul is needing at least.

USB 1.x and 2.0 are forwards and backwards compatible. As I'm sure you've noticed the plugs are all the same.

-usb1.x devices will operate at usb1.x speed when attached to a USB2.0 port. They don't see a difference.
-Usb2.0 devices will operate at hi speed (480mbit/sec) when attached to a usb2.0 port.
-usb2.0 devices will operate at a reduced speed when attached to a usb1.x port (they run at usb1.x speed (12mbit/sec)) When you do this, windows will pop up a message stating that the device will perform faster when connected to a usb2.0 port.

as far as i know, the mogul isn't a usb2.0 device. I could be wrong on that. However the only time it will make any difference is if you have a machine with both 1.x and 2.0 USB ports and you want to allocate the hi-speed ports to devices that can take advantage of the speed.

hope that helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you very much for your quick response. And from your response I have deducted that I should have framed the question differently - which I will do in a new post.

Daniel

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat