ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mogul Software Update (Windows Mobile 6.1 & Sprint TV) now available at official HTC site

Wizard

Mogul Software Update (Windows Mobile 6.1 & Sprint TV) now available at official HTC site

Mogul ROM Information and download page (download link in middle of the page):

Download Mogul by HTC WM6.1 and SprintTV Update Version 3.56.651.0

Why update the ROM on your device?

The software upgrade posted below provides several key enhancements for your Mogul:

1. Upgrades the operating system from Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional to Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional

2. Adds Sprint TV

3. Includes all enhancements incorporated in previous software upgrades including:

EV-DO Rev. A functionality for faster download and upload speeds when utilizing data services wherever EV-DO Rev. A coverage is available.

Advanced GPS functionality including the Sprint Navigation application.

Adds a Task Manager to the Today screen for easier access and management of running programs.

18 REPLIES 18
Journeyman

Re: Mogul Software Update (Windows Mobile 6.1 & Sprint TV) now available at official HTC site

Napoleon Dynamite sounding: Yesssss!!!!

Happy Dance!!!

The leaked version didn't work for me and I had to flash back to 3.35.651.2. to get EVDO and GPS working again.

Cheers

Journeyman

Re: Mogul Software Update (Windows Mobile 6.1 & Sprint TV) now available at official HTC site

Sorry but...

When I go toDownload Mogul by HTC WM6.1 and SprintTV Update Version 3.56.651.0there is no link in the 'middle of the page' or any other place on the page!

Must be a case of now you see it... now you don't...

Still... Now you don't!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing there for me neither must be for 'special' users only ...

Journeyman

Journeyman

I noticed the lack of actual file on that link too so I went to PPC Geeks and found the real link there. They have been discussing about it disappearing and then reappearing. Maybe someone over at HTC's site uploaded then took it down then uploaded it again. Either way I checked the file and it is confirmed as the real thing but some over @ PPC Geeks say it is the exact same thing as the leaked version last month. I will install later tonight and see if my GPS and EVDO work this time being that it is the "Official" one.

Oh, this link should work:Official WM 6.1 for Titan

Journeyman

Thanks man for the link... it worked fine... downloading now...

Wizard

HTC has apparently been posting and hiding this ROM all day. The original link, which worked this morning, said on it "Posted July 21, 2008" so probably someone at HTC jumped the gun a bit and the "error" was corrected. Maybe it will be back on Monday (the 21st).

Direct link that works at least for now:

Download Mogul by HTC WM6.1 and SprintTV Update Version 3.56.651.0

http://216.139.227.226/RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_3.56.651.0_RS_3.42.02_SPCS2.04_PPST_0619_Ship.exe

Installation Instructions

http://www.htc.com/uploadedFiles/Common/Software_Download/Detailed_RUU_Instructions_07152008.pdf

mogul_download_screen

Message Edited by bakntyme on 07-18-2008 06:57 PM
Message Edited by bakntyme on 07-18-2008 06:57 PM

Journeyman

Wow...neither of those links work now and the one I posted gives the blank page from earlier today. Amazing. Well...since I got it earlier and DL'ed it I'm going to see if I can put it on Sendspace or some other hosting site and post a direct link.

Journeyman

Did some quick searching and since I'm at work and this isn't my network I'm not gonna be able to upload the file. I can't even send it to my personal email addy due to the size of it. So I'm screwed too. Now I have to wait til the 21st I guess. The best I can do is give the link for the leaked copy that is supposedly the exact same thing. As I said before it didn't allow me to use my GPS and EVDO correctly, nor am I condoning any one to use it. This is definitely for the more experienced users so click, DL and Flash at your own risk here. Nuff said...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=402887

Journeyman

Here's a link to a copy someone @ PPC Geeks uploaded to Rapidsgare after they happened to get the real file before HTC yanked it down.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=32277&page=11

Wizard

IT'S BACK:Mogul Software Update (Windows Mobile 6.1 & Sprint TV) available at official HTC site

The ROM update is back on the HTC site. It has a slightly different file name, reflecting a new release date, and may have slightly different content. Click on the "Software Download" button in the following page and the download link is halfway down the page. At least for now.

http://www.htc.com/us/FAQ_Detail.aspx?p_id=75&act=sd

Message Edited by bakntyme on 07-21-2008 08:09 AM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat