cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mogul update problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mogul update problem

A problem that I experienced with the new update is that when my Mogul connects via Bluetooth (either handsfree link or motorola earpiece) and later is disconnected, my phone loses sound. Both incoming calls and outgoing calls are like muted, no sound at all coming out of the phone. I have to soft reset it inorder for it to work again. I reset the phone like 2 times a day and it is starting to be very annoying. Has anyone experience this or have a fix for this problem? Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Mogul update problem

This is a known issue and is seen across many different types of headsets. This is not consistent. You will need to update your ROM software to Version 2.17.651.0. You can determine which version of ROM that you have by pressing Start> Settings>System Tab>Device Information. The ROM version on your device should be an older version than 2.17.651.0 You can visit www.america.htc.com/mogulupdate for directions and to download the latest ROM software update beginning 11/29/07. I hope this helps.

Crystal

Sprint e-Care

Wizard

@Sprint4Success wrote:

This is a known issue and is seen across many different types of headsets. This is not consistent.You willneed to update your ROM software to Version 2.17.651.0.Youcan determine which version of ROM that youhave by pressing Start> Settings>System Tab>Device Information. The ROM version on yourdevice should be an older version than 2.17.651.0Youcan visit www.america.htc.com/mogulupdate for directions and to download the latest ROM software update beginning 11/29/07. I hope this helps.

Crystal

Sprint e-Care

Crystal:
It appears that you picked up some six-month-old canned response text, hopefully in error.

Journeyman

Yay for Sprint's canned responses and irrelevant answers.

Journeyman

This is happening to my phone as well as 2 other friends of mine that have the mogul. We have all downloaded the newest version! What gives?

Journeyman

I have a different problem with Bluetooth after the upgrade.

The Bluetooth turns itself off. It is irritating when you are on road and lose the Bluetooth headset connection.

You may want to do a hard reset or reinstall the ROM with a clean copy and see if this helps you fix this problem.

Journeyman

Do you have any third party software installed? If so, what? Also, are you and your friends all using the same bluetooth headset? What is the model headset you are using?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat