cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More windows Phones?!

Journeyman

More windows Phones?!

When will sprint get anything other than the 635? It is a [inappropriate word removed] (no front camera, no rear flash, 5mp camera....) My contract is just about up, and I will either be swapping carriers or staying with sprint, it all depends upon their selection of windows phones, my current HTC 8XT has had a rough life lol, and I refuse to settle for IPhone [inappropriate word removed] and droid garbage.
An actual answer from sprint would be helpful. not one that was written by George Martin... "They're coming! they be here soon!" but they never come.
I am looking for an actual date not a cloudy "Soon".

Just remember sprint... thereare other carriers out there, and youlack of windows phones have costyou already. noteveryone is an apple fan boy

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.
Message was edited by: TheModerator

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: More windows Phones?!

I see they're not even bothering with the standard "please check the newsroom" line anymore lol

Journeyman

It would be nice if Microsoft and Sprint could work something out but looking a Sprint's track record I doubt it will happen until 5 years from now.

Journeyman

My contract ended 2 months ago, and I have been a very loyal and patient customer.

I am leaving though. I am in the position to go to any carrier I choose and to the one which carries a nice new Lumia or other nice new WP.

Sprint's method of slowly pulling off the band aid is the worst. Just tell your customers the truth. That you're never going to offer a high end WP device. Why always play games and ask us to be patient, and then offer one device which is a downgrade?

Thx for nothing.

Journeyman

Pretty much exactly what you said Heinrich...

While I love Sprint's unlimited data, I am willing to switch carriers for the new flagship Lumia 950/950XL. My biggest problems with Sprint revolve around their lack of variety in devices, and their attitude towards pretty much anything not an iPhone. Apparently if it's not from Apple, Sprint has always gotten middle-of-the-road phones as far as I can tell. When I bought my Windows 8 phone (ATIV S Neo), the sales staff in store was incredibly disrespectful and tried everything they could to talk me out of a Windows device, but I was set.

The 950 and 950 XL Windows 10 devices are wonderful, and it looks like both Sprint and VZW won't have any part in it for whatever reason. MS and AT&T both have already said that both phones are not carrier exclusive... so to me that means that Sprint just didn't even try to get one.

They wonder why they don't sell Windows phones when they have them? It's not rocket science, Sprint. You get crappy mid-to-low end devices, don't promote them at all, and then your own sales staff scoffs at them and steers everyone away. That's why you aren't selling the phones you carry. Wise up. I'm off to greener pastures (aka, any other carrier that actually supports Windows).

GrandMaster

if i were to guess i would think its not being offered by either Sprint or Verizon due because they are GSM units..not CDMA. which means TMO and ATT only.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

if i were to guess i would think its not being offered by either Sprint or Verizon due because they are GSM units..not CDMA. which means TMO and ATT only.

Well, yes and no. Carriers are always able to get their own specific versions of a device if they want to commit to selling it. It's the same reason why the HTC One is on both GSM and CDMA providers... they can engineer the phone with chipsets matching the required bands. For Windows specifically, an example would be... Lumia 920 and Lumia 925. Or 630 and 635. They always just iterate the number a bit. There's no reason Sprint couldn't work with MS on getting the 950 and calling it something like the 955 with Sprint branding.

But let's be realistic... that's not going to happen because Sprint doesn't touch high-end phones.

GrandMaster

the windows phones havent been a high mover with Sprint for a long while now. not sure if there just isnt as many people jumping on them as the others or what. i would think if they dont sell a lot of them each year they start pulling them from the line up. would make sense with bringing in a lower level windows phone rather than a high end flagship.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Except it's clear why the phones they do bring in aren't high movers... because Sprint doesn't even try. People have been asking for flagship, high-end devices. And we get given low-tier hardware. Then Sprint doesn't even promote, push, or advertise the devices they *do* get at all. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm no marketer, but it doesn't take one to realize that Sprint has been shooting itself in the foot. Sure, maybe there just aren't as many people jumping on it for whaterver reason... but I guarantee you, the biggest determinate is because Sprint hasn't even really tried. As far as I can tell, AT&T is the only one that actively cares about and markets their WP devices, which is why that carrier has the most support for it as a platform.

Journeyman

I think we're stuck playing the usual waiting game with Sprint.  I don't understand why Sprint cannot just say "No we're not going to offer it" or Yes we will". I guess they figure if they don't say anything we'll all just forget about it and get an iphone lol. How ironic I've never been interested in the lumia's but now that I'm actually willing to try one I cannot get it!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat