ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 755 Review!

Wizard

My 755 Review!

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2>First, I was previously a proud owner of the 650!  I just got the 755 about 3 days after it's release...WAY WAY better!  Love it!</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2> <xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" ></xml:namespace><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2>Love all the new added features, you get some free downloads, games, file managers, traffic (very limited areas). Includes Bejeweled, On Demand services, IM, mp3 player, Google maps, Sprint TV, Voice Control.  The camera is better. More sound options, like escalated ringers, and better standard ringers.  The web access is much faster, much faster downloads.  Another cool feature, not sure if it is on the 700, is the ability to ignore an incoming call with a text message, so with one click, you can go to messaging and send the caller a text, very useful when you are on a call and want to tell send someone calling a text.  Another thing I like is when your phone goes into hibernation, you can see the date and time without having to unlock the phone and check the time.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2> <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2>The physical features are MUCH better...thinner, no antenna sticking up, works with the same 650 chargers.   Menu buttons are a bit different from the 650, more like the 700. Rather than the standard gray, this one comes in blue &amp; burgandy.  The finish is not slick like the 650, but more of a velvety feel.</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2></FONT></FONT></SPAN> </P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2>I bought a 2GB mini card with a standard SD adapter for $30, this allowed me to easily transfer files from my 650.  I also got an SD/USB adapter, much easier to transfer music and games than using HotSync.<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2> <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT size=2><FONT color=#333399>I also purchased a Blue Ant X3 micro Bluetooth Headset, I previously owned an Akono, the headset is much better sound quality, battery life, look, fit feel and it comes with a cool charger, USB to universal adapter, that has both an AC &amp; car charger.  You can also use it to charge your phone!!<o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2> <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Only bad has nothing to do with the phone...since I am a Sprint employee the new email/calendar application is Goodlink.   The Palm contacts do not sync with Goodlink, you have to choose one or the other, if you sync Palm contacts they do not sync with Goodlink, so you have to choose, or manage 2 sets of contacts!  Goodlink does not allow you to assign pictures or ringers (except a few pre-loaded).</SPAN><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2> <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">One annoying thing I have found...if I try to download a ringer from the Sprint store, it gives me a list of ringer, but once I click on them, I get an error.  So you see the ringer names, but once you click on them you can't buy the ringer because it is not compatible.  I've reported this to the appropriate team!</SPAN><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2> <o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></SPAN></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT color=#333399><FONT size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 11pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Hope this review gives you some good insight!  Let me know if you have questions, I am still checking out all the cool features!</SPAN><SPAN style="COLOR: black"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></FONT></P> <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o:p><FONT color=#333399 size=2> </FONT></o:p></P>

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: My 755 Review!

Hey Alley,
Glad to hear that you're enjoying your 755 smartphone. I personally have the 700p and love every minute of it. I went over my plan limitations however and had a bit of a high bill; there's noone to blame except myself for that though. From what I'm seeing in your review the 700 has almost all the same features as the 755. There is an external antanaeon the 700, but I've heard a few people complaining about having all their ports (IR communication/Memory expansion, etc.) on the side of the phone as an inconvience, especially in the case of using the palm as a remote control through the IR port (having to hold it sideways). But hey, if that isn't an issue for you, right on! Once again, I'm glad you're happy. I am content with mine and am comforted to know there's others like myself out there too.
Sincerely,
TF

Journeyman

Re: My 755 Review!

My only complaint so far is that the headset jack isn't standard, and the headset that comes w/ the phone doesn't deliver. If you want good sounding music, apparently you need to pop another $10 for Palm's headset adapter.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat