Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Windows Phone 8 Dilemma

Journeyman

My Windows Phone 8 Dilemma

Ok, so my family and I have been Sprint customers literally forever and I love the fact that the company has the best value for your money than any other carrier out there. However, and this is a huge "however," this whole thing with Windows Phone 8 is beginning to confuse me. Why is it taking so long to get some sort of information about the phones Sprint will be offering and when they will be offering them? It seems interesting to me that the company comes out and says that it is "bullish" about the new operating system, and yet here we are, nearly 6 months after its release and still no confirmation on when the HTC and Samsung phones are going to be released. I have and HTC Evo: worst phone ever made for someone like me who uses his phone constantly and who drops phones just as frequently (first day I got it, I dropped it). Fast forward 3 years and here we are. I'm sick of Apple (have an iPod Touch 2nd gen, definatly not liking how expensive this company's devices are to own) and Android is no different than Apple only they have a much larger phone ecosystem yet the quality of said phones really only lasts the life of the contract (if you're extremely lucky). Suffice to say when I heard the news about Windows Phone 8 coming to Sprint, I was literally jumping up and down until I got to the caveat: the vague language surrounding the release date. A device arriving sometime by summer could mean anything, but I decided to wait, patiently crossing my fingers that Sprint wouldn't let me down. Fast forward to now, and still nothing.

With all of this being said, I'm making a request of the company to give me some answers. Why is this taking so long? When will I get a concrete release date? When will I actually get a glympse of these new phones? I love how a company that is "bullish" about the Windows Phone 8 OS has been able to release 2 new phones (the One X and the S4) within weeks of their being announced to the public and yet are still unable to give me an actual time frame in which your Windows Phone 8 devices are going to be available for purchase. It baffles me how little information is out there about these Windows phones your company plans to release by some unknown date and how much is out there about the One X and S4 which have OSs that already permeate your store. Please, it would be nice to get some information about this and I think that it will certainly help your public image more than you know because reading a lot of these community posts, people are not too happy about this whole issue and something tells me that the problem is with a lack of communication from your end. It is worrisome when a website like The Verge is telling me that your company is going to be giving me low-to-mid range phones like the Ativ and the Tiara. Is it true? Can someone confirm or deny this information, because it seems a little ridiculous that we wait so long and all you can come up with is two phones that are not all that more advanced than phones released 6 months ago.

If the company does not come through for me, then I am going to reach out to the community: what do you think about this whole situation and do you think that AT & T, Verizon, or T-Mobile are better choices for people that want this particular operating system? Because let's face it, to be perfectly honest, Sprint needs to understand the idea of what happens in a market economy: the consumer talks and if you can't give the consumer what it wants, you lose business and you lose money. And I can bet that anyone looking for a Windows Phone 8 device is certainly not looking for the Ativ or an HTC device that has a subpar screen resolution. Just a thought. My phone is on its last leg: the screen is cracked quite extensively, the plastic body has more than its share of battle scars, and my contract has been up for a whole year, so I have nothing to lose by switching carriers at the drop of a hat besides the peace-of-mind I get from having unlimited data (even though half the time the connection is poor and I only use about 2 GB in a good month, much more on wi-fi but that's free anyway). $20 more a month will not bother me when I'm carrying the satisfyingly high quality "Incredible Hulk" of phones in my hands.

Just a few thoughts, everyone. Maybe I'm just  a materialistic Millennial. Who knows...

Thank you!

188 REPLIES 188
Wizard

chrisallen1971,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear your so happy with the device, 4 stars seems pretty good. Keep us updated to how the phone works for you after having it a few days.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

RBARTET,

Thanks for the reply. Im not sure why your not getting the e-mail reply especially when the devices have launched. Good thing for the newsroom and sprint.com community. Let us know what you think of the phone. I would like to see how your device experience matches up to Chrisallens.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Sailz11,

Thanks for the post. That is a good sign. Have you gotten yours yet?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Capt.Random

Yes I have had mine for just over a week now.

We always want the latest and greatest but this phone does check most of the boxes.  A phone with a 41 megapixel camera would be nice to see in the line up though ... nudge nudge

I'll put up a review on the site in a day or so but so far so good.

Wizard

chrisallen1971,

Thanks for the post and review. Looks like your pretty happy with the phone. Thats great to hear. Did you come across any good practices with the devices like shortcuts or special apps?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Got mine last Friday and posted a review of my thoughts so far on Reddit. http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/1l9jg6/my_review_of_samsungs_ativ_s_neo_sprint/

Also have a review up on Sprint's store page and soon Samsung's page as well.

Wizard

qhendricks,

Thanks for the post. How do you like the phone?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Capt.Random wrote:

qhendricks,

Thanks for the post. How do you like the phone?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

I guess you didn't read the Reddit review. Haha

I like it. It's very functional and I've had no issues with it at all. My only major gripe is that it looks and feels pretty much like every other Samsung phone on the market. It doesn't LOOK special. Other than that, and the fact that it frankly costs too much for people to upgrade to it for what it is, I'm happy with my ATIV S Neo.

qhendricks,

Oh okay, thank you very much for your feedback.

We do try to work closely with device manufacturers to bring you the best device portfolio in the industry!

We really appreciate your input, time and valued business with us.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat