cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With HTC Snap

Highlighted
Journeyman

Need Help With HTC Snap

Does anyone know how to hard reset the HTC Snap externally? The device is frozen and I cannot accesss the wipe function through Windows.

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Need Help With HTC Snap

Sprint sells an HTC Snap?

Oh!  We do - next week.  

Not sure - let me check.  (you must be a special customer to get one this early . . .)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Master

wengla02 wrote:

Sprint sells an HTC Snap?

Oh!  We do - next week.  

Not sure - let me check.  (you must be a special customer to get one this early . . .)

Haha Classic. Saw the thread title and also went "Huh?".

If there isn't a response by the time I go into work I'll see if I can find it as well. Don't have any resources from home.

So how is it that one customer can get a phone that isn't released yet, and yet those of us Premier customers have yet to hear about the phone to begin with?!?

Anyhow, back on point, why not simply do the easy thing: take out the battery, keep the phone off for a solid 30 seconds, then replace the battery, turn on the phone, and try to do whatever reset you need.

Master

quasijedi wrote:

So how is it that one customer can get a phone that isn't released yet, and yet those of us Premier customers have yet to hear about the phone to begin with?!?

Anyhow, back on point, why not simply do the easy thing: take out the battery, keep the phone off for a solid 30 seconds, then replace the battery, turn on the phone, and try to do whatever reset you need.

Probably a similar program to the one where certain users got the Palm Pre to voice how the are using them and what they think. Or something like the Employee Advocate program for stores (although in that case I don't know they they'd post here).

Journeyman

htc snap is exlusive to radioshacks for now!! 99 for new customer 169 for upgrade!! great phone they have been selling alot

Master

apadilla9107 wrote:
htc snap is exlusive to radioshacks for now!! 99 for new customer 169 for upgrade!! great phone they have been selling alot

We have them in the corporate stores, and they are available online, probably through telesales as well... pricing is a bit different, $149.99 for new and eligible upgrade customers after all discounts currently.
Message Edited by halcyoncmdr on 06-21-2009 07:13 PM

Journeyman

So, apparently no one ever gave a helpful response about how to hard reset?  Instead all I can see is that Sprint employees used the opportunity to promote the phone.  How does one reset the phone when there's no way to take the battery out?

Journeyman

I just found the answer to my own question in the Users' Guide.  Although the seam on the side of the phone looks really tight, it is possible to remove the back from the phone so that you can access the battery.  All you have to do to reset the phone from there is to remove the battery for a few seconds and then put the phone back together.  My phone froze for the second time today, and I've had it for less than one month.

Message was edited by: jennifred2

Journeyman rit
Journeyman

Hard reset of snap is easy! go to the start menu>select accessories>select clear storage> select yes and wait! if you have anything you want to keep> back it up on your mem card and remove the card before you reset

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat