cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Windows Phone Devices, Nokia, Samsung and HTC

Journeyman

Is Sprint planning to get more Windows Phones to the Sprint Line up. I will love to see Sprint take more chances with newer platforms. I will love to see Sprint be one of the first to have the Nokia WP Mango. Please Sprint take that bold step, for users of other platforms, like Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.

20 REPLIES 20
Wizard

Hi,

We do appreciate your feedback. At this time we cannot speculate if we will be getting anymore WP based devices on the Sprint network. You can always check www.sprint.com/newsroom?ECID=SM:BW:20110930:NEWSROOM and www.sprint.com/comingsoon?ECID=SM:BW:20110930:COMINGSOON for more product updates and press release information.

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

Please, been with Sprint since 1998, i need a bigger screen WP7 and i don't want to leave you guys SO PLEASE do this..

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat.  The Arrive is a nice phone but I am a current Evo user and want a WP7 model with a bigger nicer screen.  Nokia, Samsung Focus S or HTC Titan type would be nice.  Come on Sprint don't let us down. 

Journeyman

Re: New Windows Phone Devices, Nokia, Samsung and HTC

Why is it that Sprint, as well as other carriers, keep their upcoming  phones so secretive? I understand that it probably has something to do  with being able to sell the current stcok. But it seems that if they  kept their customers more informed about phones that would be available  in the future, those customers would think about sticking with Sprint  for a while longer until that new phone was available. Personally, I'm  also looking to get another Windows phone. While the Arrive gets  outstanding reviews on almost any site that you visit, it's just missing  a couple of things I'm looking for in my next phone. I'm not looking  for huge screen like most people - 4.3" would be max for me - I don't  want to feel like I'm carrying a laptop on my side. It seems like  AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile are getting all kinds of WP7 phones, but  there's hardly even any rumors that Sprint is thinking about this  platform. The success of the Arrive and the WP7 platform should be  evidence that the phones would sell and bring Sprint up in the ratings.  But lack of information to their customers would make a lot of people  jump to another carrier. 

We like Sprint. We switched from  AT&T a couple of years ago and have been very pleased with the move,  but If the offerings aren't there or there is no indication that they  will be, we may have to look to places that they are. The newsroom link  is almost pointless because there is no tangible information on upcoming  phones - only news on phones already in place. We would like to upgrade  soon, but it doesn't look like Sprint will be the one we will be  upgrading with.  I hope they announce some upcoming WP7 soon before we  have to make that move. 

On a side note: Why is it that when I walk into a Sprint store,  the reps never have a charged WP7 display model that a customer can test  drive? They seem so anxious to push the Android phones. I was able to look at an uncharged one a few months back, but that's not too helpful.

Journeyman

Sprint...Please bring on Nokia's Windows Phone as soon as possible.

Just think, Windows 8 is coming with a familiar interface (WP7). People will be buying new pc's as the economy recovers. The general public is sure to dig the Metro interface and will want it on their phones too. Stay ahead of the curve with multiple WP offerings and make demos available to potential customers...

Thanks...

Journeyman

I hope that Sprint gets more WP7 I think there is a lot of demand for them and Sprint will be happy with the response. I think there is a chance with Nokia coming on board and with Sprint having a good relationship with HTC that offers some hope as well. I really don't want to switch carriers as I am very happy on Sprint and to make it better offer some more Windows Phone 7 handsets would be great.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm giving Sprint a solid vote of no confindance.

Journeyman

The one Windows Phone they offer is "OK" and is such a small market  for Sprint.  The fact they only offer the one phone says A LOT.  They do  not value the Windows Phone customers.  There is no question about  that.  They do the bare minimum to keep many from leaving, but they have  to make business choices and none of them have been pro Windows phone.   Wierd.  They were pushing Android big time and now it is the iPhone.   When one of my contracts is up, I am actually going to probably go to  AT&T to get a better Windows Phone.  I heard call quality may not be  as good with AT&T but then I hear good stuff about them also..  I  have been with Sprint so many years that this is tough, but I am soooo  tired of this.

NOTE:  It costs Sprint millions to  sell the iPhones.  As long as they keep selling well, that strategy will  likely work, if they don't they will be hurt.

Journeyman

The reviews are out for the Nokia N9 which is a truly gorgeous piece of hardware.  That's what we have to look forward to for WP7 and Nokia.  I expect next week at Nokia World for them to unveil it's WP7 variant.  So far my top 3 Window Phones are Nokia N9 WP7  variant, Samsung Focus S, and the HTC Titan.  If Sprint doesn't get one of these phones then it's time for this decade plus long customer to jump ship. 

Journeyman

The N9 does look outstanding and if that is the SeaRay I really hope Nokia releases it on all carriers. I keep thinking that with Sprint being the only carrier with the unlimited plan how could they not offer phones for all ecosystems to attract the widest array of customers. And if your Microsoft wouldn't you want more handsets on a carrier that offers unlimited data, it seems to be a win win for both sides, but alas maybe I am just naive.

Journeyman

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Microsoft announces a date for the coming of Nokia phones to the US on Monday (Nov. 7).

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-20126616-94/microsoft-holding-windows-phone-backstage-event-nov-7/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat