Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Windows Phone Devices, Nokia, Samsung and HTC

Journeyman

New Windows Phone Devices, Nokia, Samsung and HTC

Is Sprint planning to get more Windows Phones to the Sprint Line up. I will love to see Sprint take more chances with newer platforms. I will love to see Sprint be one of the first to have the Nokia WP Mango. Please Sprint take that bold step, for users of other platforms, like Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

The sales people in other ATT, verizon or sprint stores just dont know what they are talking about. They just want get there commission on selling androids. I did a test and asked the sales person i want a wp 7 he keeps asking me get an android i told him no I DO not want a battery eating android phone with many bugs. I guess that will wake him up. Also dont worry i did get a wp 7 phone and showed him thanks for your help and i said windows phone 7 best OS and salesman must have cried because he did not get his commission on android 

Journeyman

Yes please Sprint bring a 4.3" screen WP to the line up and you'll have a customer for life. Android is ok, but would prefer their OS over Android anytime.

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer since they opened for business.  Their network is the best.  They have never launched a device with remotely the same vigor as other carriers. I have had every Win PDA that Sprint carried.  I too am tired of Sprint being so cavalier about WP7.  It is a superior OS to Android.  Don't know enough about IOS to compare it.  It is far smoother than Android.  To beat what appears to be a "dead horse" I salivate thinking what the experience would be to have WP7 on an HTC EVO 3D sized PDA.  I miss ActiveSync dearly and have no idea why MS "did a stupid". I can get past that. Cannot get past not having a selection of WP7 PDA's to choose from.  Just saw the new HTC WP7 T-Mobile ad a few nights ago.  Hopefully Sprint will realize as others have said on this Blog that IOS and Android users are not the only users on the planet who matter.  I cannot fathom moving from Sprint so am holding out [hope] we will see a large-screen-non-hard-keyboard PDA soon.  It would help Sprint's image if they would inform us if they have any such plans or are going to dump WP7 altogether so all of us could evaluate our options.

Journeyman

I'm up for my upgrade next moth and i am seriously thinking about leaving sprint after 10yrs of service. there seems to be at least 2-3 options to choose from for every os except WP7. The titan is seriously calling my name. Heck I'd even settle for the 6+ month old arrive if I knew sprint was going to even support WP7 but at this point it seems like that is not the case. I think sprint really got blinders trying to get iphones so bad.

Journeyman

the nokia is coming to at&t and 3 new phones now.. heres a link about nokia.. im sick of sprint.. i wouldnt have renewed last year with them if i knew they wouldnt support windows phone 7 at all.. sprint ruined everything by selling out to apple... the people that got it are all complainging about the slow speed and they are trapped here.. as well and sprint wont speed anything up link http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/368163#368163

Journeyman

I am debating buying out my contract and moving my entire family to ATT. The windows phones rock, My wife and kids hate their android phones they are slow and become worse over time. And Frankly I want the new nokia phone. This is just to bad that sprint really does not care that much about keeping loyal customers. I have been with them for years but they just do not seem to want to move fast on anything. And darn sure do not want to support the Windows phone from what I can tell.

Journeyman

I am in the same boat gkjarhead.

Wont be upgrading anymore lines on my account until I see some Windows phones.  My entire family is sick and tired of Android and its problems.  Too much bloat/fragmentation/carrier and manufacturer bs that messes up the experience.

Sprint give us some news on Windows phones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I've got a GS2 and my wife has an iPhone 4s on AT&T.  We'd both switch to Lumia 900s if they were available on Sprint, but since they're not, we're planning to wait until the WP Apollo update and then switch to another carrier if necessary.  The 900 basically out-iPhones the iPhone - yes, it's locked down, but I don't use anything worthwhile on my rooted GS2 anyway.  In return for the switch I'll get a much smoother UI, even smoother than iOS, and vastly lower app crash rates.  Our experience matches the data: Android apps crash a lot, and iOS apps crash even more often (2-3x more often: http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/) than that.  In my admittedly limited experience, WP is a vastly more stable platform despite the slower hardware specs.

Journeyman

i want a new windows 8 phone and i would like to keep my sprint service as well.

so we WP8 folks .... we want our PHONE!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat