cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Windows Phones offered by Sprint

Journeyman

No Windows Phones offered by Sprint

Sprint does not offer even one Windows Phone. The 8XT is not available and no new phones being talked about.

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: No Windows Phones offered by Sprint

Wow!  The 8XT was just there yesterday, as I checked to see if the Ativ S Neo was still available...that is not good news...

Journeyman

I just checked after seeing this post. There is no option on the website to select Windows Phone under the Operating System category. Looks like Sprint may officially (though not announced, of course) killed off support for Windows. I wonder if this is because the new CEO is drinking the Apple kool-aid...The iPhone for life plan still has no Android equivalent. Is Sprint hoping that Apple will buy them? LOL

Journeyman

But they'll spend the money to FedEx you a flyer to try to convert you off of a legacy unlimited plan to a more expensive plan.  Yet they don't pay attention to the forums and the users requesting Windows phones.  Sad.  My phone broke and I had to finally get a new Galaxy Note 4, I refuse to buy a iPhone new design is slippery (Old Note 2 style that promotes dropping -- notice Note 3 and Note 4 went to squared edges for better grip), and the IOS is updated but no innovation other than 64 bit in my mind.  Same look and feel since introduction of iPhone 3.

Journeyman

But still 11 iPhone options.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For this reason, I'm switching to T-Mobile and getting the HTC One M8 with Windows. They'll happily pay my termination fee for leaving Sprint. Sprint's gonna lose customers for this. While we waited and waited for a WP8 device to be released, they kept saying "We're committed to Windows" and "We'll release great devices!" while they haven't done squat. They released 2 middle-of-the-road to low-end devices, didn't even put them out into stores, their own employees didn't promote or advertise them, and now this? Oh but wait, for some ungodly reason, they're still selling Blackberry? The phones that Windows beat out? Who even has a blackberry anymore?

I'm out. Eff Sprint.

Master

qhendricks, We would hate to lose you as a valued customer. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us. We're always here and willing to assist you. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Master

sham_wow,

Sorry the device wasn't available. Did you go to your local Sprint store to purchase the device? If you should have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us. We're always here and willing to assist you.

Beatrice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Here's something new to chew on...  Keep in mind this is only a rumor and even if it is real it probably won't happen till the end of 2015.  Sprint - The maybe some day network!

http://wmpoweruser.com/upleaks-a-windows-phone-version-of-the-htc-hima-may-be-coming/

Journeyman

I just left Sprint this weekend and went to Verizon and bought this phone (One M8 for Windows). I had the 8XT for a year and half. No commitment to releasing Win 8.1 update and I wasn't going to wait around forever for Sprint to announce a new Windows Phone option.

Master

DIALM4SPEED - Unfortunately we do not have any information about that. Please stay posted onto the Sprint Community page for any updates. - Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SprintCare, Is that the only canned response you have?

My wife is on month to month this weekend and we are going to a carrier that offers a good selection of Windows phones.

*waves*

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat