ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Journeyman

Re: Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

YukTiff,

I hear you with your frustrations with your HTCs. I am having many of the same issues with my current HTC  4G LTE which the tech at Sprint talked me into when my HTC Evo was having problems. I pay insurance every month to cover these issues but they have done everything possible to NOT take care of the issue. Most recently they said I can't upgrade until next March but I haven't been able to take or receive a telephone call on my phone in nearly 6 months!!! My battery won't hold a charge for even a couple of hours.... it really sucks. They said they'd send me a new one of the same model to replace it. When it came in, it was a refurbished phone that has dents and things all over it. I took it to the office where they ordered it and they kept the phone and ordered another one. When that one arrived it was not dented on the case but the ports are warped. Another refurbed phone! I have been with Sprint for a very long time but I think I'm done. I am with you on wanting a different option and the Nokia brand has the best customer reviews, most up to date technology and Sprint doesn't carry it.

What are they doing to help you with your phone? I keep getting told "Sorry. This is all we can do, send you a used phone of the same brand that has broken on you more times than you can count". I can't wait until March when I can get a new phone. I will be taking a baseball bat to this phone OFFICE SPACE style.

Journeyman

YukTiff,

I had ALL of these same issues with my first HTC phone from Sprint. That is the one I took into the repair center and the rep took me to the side and told me if I wanted the issue resolved, I needed a new phone and sold me on an upgrade rather than a repair.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Weresanctuary,

I'm sorry for the issues you are having. It does show you quality of customer service though. Currently they aren't doing anything but previously(I've written countless of posts on my issues with HTC Evo 3D) they gave me a refurbished phone as well. I constantly called for help. They kept on telling me to go to repair centers or factory reset the phone. Neither helped the situation. When I factory reset they said the issue could be my apps. I then no longer had any apps but the symptoms still appeared. Later on in the repair center they would do the same and they supposedly ran a diagnostic test but found nothing. The issue keeps on happening so I don't understand how they didn't see what was wrong with it. The annoying thing though was originally they wanted me to pay for a refurbished phone. That was where I got really angry. The phone they sold me was obviously faulty and not thoroughly tested. The worst part is they were going to give me a used phone not even a new one and wanted me to pay for it. The phone probably was sent back to Sprint for the same issue as what I had.

HTC wasn't much better(probably worse considering this was their phone.) Their customer service is horrible. I called about the same issues. They made me pay for the delivery(when their phone is faulty) and it was tested in their center. When I got it back I was excited only to find out nothing was done to the phone. When I got it back it was getting the same issues as before(an hour probably didn't even pass yet.) It would constantly restart. It was on a endless restart cycle until it had no more power and would turn off. I called to find out they didn't even fix my phone because when they tested out my phone no issues were found. They did the test for two days. That was such a lie I use it for barely an hour and the issues were already obvious. If they had indeed tested my phone for two days they would have seen the issues before the day was over. On top of that even after not being able to use the phone for a while when I got it back it was still defective. They could have tried to fix it since it seemed like it was a known issue. I called up the HTC tech support told them that it seemed like a known issue but as all companies do they pretended as if this was unheard of. On top of that one of the tech support people I got a chance to talk with tried switch the issue to some other fault. I told that rep that it was not the battery but she insisted that could be it and I believe I had to pay shipping what a waste of money. Of course I was right and it wasn't the battery. Constant excuses instead of admitting they should have done a more thorough test and actually fixed my phone in the time I left it with them. It was obviously a faulty phone because when I got the new one it didn't do the same. But now it seems to be all slowly happening again. 

This is the reason as much as I would like a HTC phone I have not much faith left for a phone that was created by them. I am currently using a phone that is on their most popular operating system android. What will happen when I get the less popular one? Their customer/tech support service is already bad so I doubt it's going to get better when windows isn't as popular.

Overall I just think that if they had really wanted to sell the windows phone going with Nokia would have been the better option. What is the point of trying to sell phones that are barely trying when you can get something that is marketing the phone on it's own. That and I would like to try a Nokia. I've had a Samsung and I have never called their customer support so I cannot speak on that but the design of the phone already doesn't make me want to buy it. It's too bland.

Journeyman

SPRINT!!! Get with the times!  You need to get Nokia Windows Phones ASAP

Journeyman

I got into a heavy discussion with a Sprint sales Rep about the Samsung IV which is a phone with gadgets. All I wanted to know is when will Sprint get the new Lumia Nokia 1020 phone??? I'm so tired of my google andriod based phone I can't wait. I've been with Sprint for 16 years now, and yes they can run this company better by getting ahead of the competition and pushing the market towards the better product. Apple right now is going sour, and Andriod based phones is a hackers dream plus it screen freezes like the northpole. Facebook, Instanta Gram, Linkedin, and all the others would be nothing without a camera phone. Now Nokia has capitalized on the second most popular thing that people do with their phone, like take pictures. I can't wait for September 16th, and Sprint better be ready. Where is the pre-order forms???

Wizard

clarkgee,

Thanks for the post. Im thinking we might be in for a bit of a wait before any moves are made to put Nokia into a Microsoft brand. Similar to when Google took Motorola. I say be patient and keep an eye and ear open. Good things are bound to come.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Ok here is the latest I have been able to glean from around the internet, Nokia is launching a Phablet on the 26th of September, on AT&T most likely. I am thinking in order to Microsoft/Nokia to take Sprint seriously we are going to have start a ground swell of emails to Microsoft/Nokia US sales office demanding Microsoft/Nokia phones on Sprint. Please note this is a huge under taking for them since AT&T is GSM and Sprint is CDMA means they have to make a different kind of phone radio section, not a big deal since Verizon also uses CDMA.

I believe if Microsoft truly wants to penetrate the US market with it's operating system it must sell to the big 3 Wireless companies. Selling to just one who is committed to selling IPhones is not going to work, especially since you just spent 7.2 billion to buy Nokia to make your own phones.

Just my thoughts. will post email addresses here when I find them.

Journeyman

SeabeeChief22 wrote:

Ok here is the latest I have been able to glean from around the internet, Nokia is launching a Phablet on the 26th of September, on AT&T most likely. I am thinking in order to Microsoft/Nokia to take Sprint seriously we are going to have start a ground swell of emails to Microsoft/Nokia US sales office demanding Microsoft/Nokia phones on Sprint. Please note this is a huge under taking for them since AT&T is GSM and Sprint is CDMA means they have to make a different kind of phone radio section, not a big deal since Verizon also uses CDMA.

I believe if Microsoft truly wants to penetrate the US market with it's operating system it must sell to the big 3 Wireless companies. Selling to just one who is committed to selling IPhones is not going to work, especially since you just spent 7.2 billion to buy Nokia to make your own phones.

Just my thoughts. will post email addresses here when I find them.

I would love to see a Nokia phone on Sprint, especially a high end one.  HTC is supposed to come out with a high end phone that I hope Sprint gets if it doesn't get a Nokia (HTC One but with Windows Phone on it rumors suggest).

Now as far as contacting Microsoft and Nokia, this is not the best or correct route to go, since they have little bearing on what phones Sprint has.  Sprint needs to request a phone from Nokia. Sprint is CDMA, but Verizon is also and has a couple Nokia phones, so Sprint being CDMA has nothing to do with it.  I don't know the details, but you can find it online with a search about the bad blood between Sprint and Nokia.  That is what is most likely holding up a Nokia phone on Sprint.   The best way is to continue to communicate with Sprint and continually request a Nokia Windows Phone because otherwise they have no incentive to ask Nokia/Microsoft to build them one.

Journeyman

Great reply, and while I agree with everything you said couple of points.

1. we are already telling Sprint we want this phone.
  2. Nokia has been funneling new product to AT&T only for the 1020 and the new soon to launch 1520 phablet.
  3. I have had an HTC for years, I am no impressed with the service nor quality of phone.
  4. I believe a dual approach is required, realizing that Microsoft is about to get beat up by shareholders if they don't start making money off Nokia after spending 7.2 billion for it.

So yes keep the pressure on Sprint, but we have to pressure on Microsoft/Nokia to get the devices out here to us on Sprint. Though I am tempted to switch the phone is super sweet. even Nokia phones on the low end of the spectrum make my EVO look like it is ancient.

Journeyman

SeabeeChief22 wrote:

Great reply, and while I agree with everything you said couple of points.

1. we are already telling Sprint we want this phone.

2. Nokia has been funneling new product to AT&T only for the 1020 and the new soon to launch 1520 phablet.

3. I have had an HTC for years, I am no impressed with the service nor quality of phone.

4. I believe a dual approach is required, realizing that Microsoft is about to get beat up by shareholders if they don't start making money off Nokia after spending 7.2 billion for it.

So yes keep the pressure on Sprint, but we have to pressure on Microsoft/Nokia to get the devices out here to us on Sprint. Though I am tempted to switch the phone is super sweet. even Nokia phones on the low end of the spectrum make my EVO look like it is ancient.

Fair enough.

I agree the low end Nokia phones are appealing if Sprint offered an off-contract plans like Tmobile has (cheaper plan/monthly cost if you buy the device at full price).  The Lumia 520/521 for $150 or less would be perfect for a few of my family members.

I do want a high end Nokia phone on Sprint though for myself.  Also I don't think the Samsung Ativ Neo is an adequate alternative to the Nokia phones (especially with the group messaging issues that are being discussed on this forum)

Journeyman

Even if Sprint were to carry a Nokia Lumia you would need a decoder ring and a treasure map to find one.  Say Windows Phone at any of the local Sprint Stores in Connecticut and one of two things happen. Either they go into a trance or they say they didn't know Sprint had a Windows Phone.  No sense to ask for a Nokia phone in theses forums. It is a waste of everyone's time.

Journeyman

BOTTOM LINE:

Apple owns and makes IOS + they make and own Iphone: very stable

Microsoft makes and owns Windows 8 Mobile + they own Nokia : Expecting to to be stable

I will take my chances with the Microsoft Windows 8 and Nokia. I'll also deal with the lack of apps.

I can not further afford the instability of my Android on my Motorola.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat