cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Highlighted
Master

Re: Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

MarkG12222,

Thank you for sharing with us and I'm sorry for any frustrations with gaining access to devices you want on Sprint.  We are working diligently to open up our inventory even with more options especially Windows based devices.  Please keep an eye here http://newsroom.sprint.com/  for upcoming announcements.  We are undergoing extensive improvements in Houston and local areas to provide a higher quality and stronger network.  Take a look at the progress in your area here http://network.sprint.com/?ECID=vanity:network.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

ALPHAXI0306 wrote:

Dumped Sprint today for AT&T as promised.  Sprint just refused to treat WP like their other OS's so bye bye.  I will not be returning unless Sprint changes its tune.  Me and my five lines went bye bye and I've been LTE'n all day now.  LOL.

Big congrats. Best move you've ever made. Nobody ever looks back when they leave Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah well these supposed upgrades that you say have happened seem to have made my service WORSE! Data seems to have slowed to a crawl on the LTE and as for 3G might as well be on the EDGE network. Text messaging has been the biggest let down of late. If I send a text out recipients sometimes don't get it for many many hours or even the next day, and the same goes for receiving texts I have missed out on a lot of texts or gotten them days later. So if your goal was to piss off and loose customers then you're  doing a bang-up job. Maybe if you guys actually listened to your customers' wants and needs and the acted on them to try and keep people from leaving for better service instead of trying to buy your way into more customers through "mergers". I left T-Mobile to come to this company and now I have to wonder if I've made a terrible mistake. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, for about three years now, we have been told that "the reason that Sprint won't offer any new Nokia phones is because Nokia uses the less-secure China Mobile Standards CDMA chipsets." Well, I just looked up the new Nokia Lumia Icon that Verizon will soon be selling (so they now have offered about 4 different generations of Nokia Windows handsets) and it uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset which is the SAME chipset that is used in the LG G2. Which Sprint sells.

So Sprint "Care" people who have been assuring us repeatedly for going on three years now that "Sprint really cares about what its customers want" and is "constantly working to offer a variety of devices" .. WHEN can we expect a Nokia Lumia flagship phone from Sprint?!  We'll be waiting for your answer (hopefully not another three years) and a hard date! No more empty promises!

Highlighted
Journeyman

2008Solstice wrote:

I left T-Mobile to come to this company and now I have to wonder if I've made a terrible mistake. 

Yes. You made a mistake.

Highlighted
Master

NFLnut

We definitely don't want you to feel that you made a mistake by joining the Sprint family. There hasn't been any word put out as yet with regards to the Nokia release. Here is a link to our newsroom where you can get access to new release information. http://newsroom.sprint.com/

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

2008Solstice,

I understand your frustrations. We are working as fast as quality will allow us to. We set up the equipment on the towers, then we tweek and fine tune it. This entire process may cause intermittent service issues. However, when the work is done your services will improve dramatically. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Hilarious, Sprint! Sorry, but this isn't going to cut it any more!   This has been the "go to" reply for three years now .. "keep checking the Sprint newsroom for blah blah blah."  We've BEEN going to the Sprint newsroom for THREE YEARS!  It's time to start putting up some RESULTS or lose your customers!  The time for excuses passed about a year and a half ago. ATT, Verizon, and now even puny little T-Mob are now kicking your behinds in offering THEIR customers a wide variety of top-end devices on EVERY platform! And your long term customers are NOTICING! Once again, just like you were the VERY LAST to get the iThing (six years after EVERYONE else), you are about THREE YEARS and counting behind everyone else on offering Nokia phones and other top-tier Windows phones to your customers whom have made HUNDREDS of posts and who knows how many requests by phone and in your stores for the top end Nokia phones (specifically, the 1520, the 1020, and even the 920 -series!)

Now .. how much do any of you posters here want to bet that I will get another canned response that "decisions are still being made at this time" drivel and ".. but keep checking the Sprint newsroom (for another three or four years)..?"

I absolutely could not be more disgusted with Sprint and their useless excuses!!!

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for 14+ years.($160/average monthly bill for 14 years equals more than $28,000 I have paid you). I have been a Windows Phone user since the PocketPC in like 2005. I have been more than patient here waiting for Sprint to get on board with Windows phones. My passion for Windows Phone has had me carrying two cell accounts (AT&T since the Lumia 920 came out) and quite frankly I am angry that I have 2 phones and even angrier that I HAVE to be a part of the AT&T family to enjoy a device. (I hate AT&T and I pay them about the same $160/month for a single device)

If Sprint does not get a Nokia device in their portfolio by July 2014 I will vacate this relationship permanently and move to Verzion. They seem to care about their customers needs...

My two cents...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been thinking of doing the same thing .. setting up a family account at AT&T and keeping my current (excellent pricing) plan with my 5 year old WinMo 6 devices for 6 months to a year until/if Sprint gets its [inappropriate word removed] together and brings out some top tier WinMo 8.+ devices (preferably Nokia). Like you, it will cost me an extra $160+ per month to do so. But, I am also considering just saying goodbye forever to Sprint after 14+ years! I *shouldn't have to* pay extra every month just waiting for Sprint to get it together! I've just about had enough. ATT is offering the 1520 and the 1020 (after selling the 920, the 925, the ..), and Verizon is offering the incredible new Icon in addition to the 925, and they are awesome! And Sprint has 90 different slow as molasses Droids and 6-10 different 6 year old technology iThings and not a whole lot else.

Message was edited by: The Moderator - This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines.

Highlighted
Master

CustomerSince2000,

Thank you posting on our community forum. We appreciate your feedback and understand your concern.

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

So basically we aren't going to get a Nokia Lumia phone. It's disappointing for both companies to just basically make us wait. We've waited for at least 2 years. Nokia gives all the best phones to At&T and now Verizon. We don't even get any good Nokia Lumia phones. Sprint just keeps telling us to look at the newsroom which is already obvious. So basically both companies have no intention of working together for fans of Nokia or customers of Sprint. We are practically opening our wallets to give them money and they are making us beg them to take the money. I don't understand what is this business plan they are trying work with but it makes no sense. Everyone that has been waiting for the Nokia Lumia is basically wasting their time because Sprint and Nokia don't even care about their customers. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat