ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

I hope they don't merge. It's sad that all 3 other companies have gotten a Nokia and Sprint or Nokia or both can't get their act together which is wasting everyone's time.

Journeyman

You guys really need to open your ears and listen to your loyal customers and offer some higher-end Windows Phones.  From my perspective (and the $300 or so each month that I pay you), the race is on between Sprint offering something like the Nokia Icon and Verizon offering a decent 'switch to Verizon' incentive.  The minute they offer to cover my ETF with you before you offer the Icon, I'll be a happy Big Red customer. 

Master

Hello delusns99,

Great choice of phones. You can sign on to sprint.com/newsroom. If the information becomes available then you will be the first to know. Have a good day!

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SprintCare wrote:

Hello delusns99,

Great choice of phones. You can sign on to sprint.com/newsroom. If the information becomes available then you will be the first to know. Have a good day!

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care

Did you read what he wrote at all??? Anyway the news room is useless, and your guy's cookie cutter answer to everything.

Journeyman

I just switched to Verizon and the Nokia Icon.  I love the phone, especially the camera, Nokia branded apps and extensions.  The only drawback to the phone that I have found is that it does not support Nokia Glance.  Of course, coming from Sprint which does not have any Nokia phones it is hard to miss something that I have never had

My guess is that Sprint will have a big Nokia announcement since I have switched.  Not sure why they want to ignore the Windows Phone customers.  It may be a small user segment, but according to most polls the platform is growing steadily.

Journeyman

Well Sprint I have to also throw in my 2 cents or almost $500/month worth  in on this because I have 9 lines and two accounts with sprint and I also have been waiting for a Nokia Windows Phone.  I'm interested in a nice big awesome Lumia 1520 with specs that can't be beat by anything Sprint currently offers.  I'm due for an upgrade soon and I don't think I will wait around to find out if Sprint can work out a deal with Nokia or not.  For me it's pretty much come down to which of the other carriers is going to be the most beneficial and cares the most about providing 'Full Service" to it's current customers.  That would include "listening" and "responding" with "relevant" answers to direct questions.  But since Sprint doesn't even communicate with it's own employees then how much are they really capable of communicating with their customers.  If it wasn't for Nextel Sprint wouldn't even have service for its customers.

The sad thing is that Sprint has many customers that are using Android & iPhones that want to switch to WP8 but they don't realize that. They also don't realize that many of us want to switch now because WP8.1 is almost everything the previous Windows phones were not and that Windows in general is becoming the OS to beat if it isn't already.  Especially once the market realizes how revolutionary W8 really is.  That's when we will see a flood of W8 users flock to WP8.  But of course when that begins to happen (and I think it is just beginning) Sprint will finally try to jump onboard but by then they'll once again be behind the curve.

So the questions to Sprint are:

1) What is going on with the Nokia Line of phones? 

2) Why don't you offer them? 

3) If there is a problem, what is it and when do you expect to have the problem between you & Nokia resolved?

4) If there's not a problem, when can we expect to see the Nokia Line of phones offered by Sprint?

Journeyman

I agree with you and I  have proof of how great Windows Phone 8.1 is on my Samsung Ativ S Neo.

wp_ss_20140417_0002.jpg

Journeyman

I hate and I mean I HATE SPRINT!!!

You refuse to give us any information and have smart snarky responses to our questions.  I want to know if a new Windows device is going to be available from Sprint in the near future.  DO NOT TELL ME TO LOOK AT THE NEWSROOM!!!  Just please answer the question.

If your going to ask why I hate the service it is because:

• Poor data connectivity and speeds.
  • Unreliable cell phone service - sometimes it takes 5 tries to get a call through and then when it does make a call it takes several minutes just to get the dang dial tone.
  • Terrible Windows phone support
  • Customer service representatives offer little to no help and have condescending tones that imply little or no care.
  • Once competitive pricing is now extremely high - I could get equivalent service from other providers for my 5 lines and save up to $75/month, your once great advantage (unlimited data) is no longer enough to keep me since WIFI is prevalent everywhere I go and not to mention usually your data speeds are terrible anyways.

At the rate things are going T-Mobile is going to take over the 3rd spot in the US and Sprint is nosediving to the bottom.  Just reading the customer service responses in this thread alone are enough to see why this is happening.

Master

tennis-freak

I apologize but we do not have an answer to this question. Nothing has been announced at this time. We ask that you check the newsroom because that is where it will be announced first.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have to wonder, does the SprintCare team get embarrassed by these answers?  The newsroom is completely useless and is never the first to know anything.  I can read about things online long before they show up in the newsroom including official sprint announcements.  However, Sprint never announces anything.  The phone line is pathetic, the Windows Phone line at Sprint is non-existent and my service is practically non-existent.  I cant even get reception or data at the Sprint store where I buy my phones, 3 miles from my house.  Texts messages with attachments routinely get bounced.  Regular text messages can take a day to arrive at their location and data is all but non-existent if I am not using Wi-Fi.  Makes me wonder why I am paying for a data plan at all.  14 years at Sprint and the last 3 or 4 have been riddled with horrible phone choices and the last 2-3 have seen service getting worse and worse even though the city has supposedly been upgraded to 4G/LTE throughout.  I often wonder why I bother.

Please don't waste my time with "keep your eye on the newsroom" - the newsroom is useless.  I fully expect that the ATIV S Neo is the last Sprint Windows Phone and if that is true then I will be gone.  I have the 8XT which is ok, but man that 8GB memory is awful. especially considering nearly 3 was taken by the OS and my micro SD card is constantly self-replicating so it isn't much help.  My phone is not yet 1 but I need a new one. 

Journeyman

I think if you update your phone to 8.1 it will fix the SD card problem. I haven't had that issue with the Ativ S Neo. Even before I updated to 8.1. I agree with everything you say as well about Sprint. I don't know why they decided to not go with Nokia when they decided to get some Windows 8 phones. I believe its the lack of knowledge and being cheap. Nokia has way better support for Windows Phone and Microsoft bought the Nokia Phone division. Nokia Windows Phone is also selling well on the other carriers. Sprint should get over it now and add Nokia to the team. With Nokia Windows Phone on Sprint network, Sprint developers wont have to worry much about not knowing how to fix a problem.

Master

WPuser7.5 - We definitely appreciate your loyalty. We do apologize for the service issues that you have been experiencing. We have been upgrading our network nationwide and this may cause service impairments. Please provide me with the cross streets and zip code so I can take a look at the towers in your area. - Robert Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat