Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Journeyman

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

I'm so tired of my HTC evo 3D it has been giving me issues ever since I got it. Neither Sprint nor HTC helped fix my issue. HTC didn't bother to even fix it even though they said they would. I was now looking to try a new phone and I was going to try Windows Phone. I've seen how nice the Nokia phones are. Too bad none are at Sprint. Sprint decides to choose HTC (which has poor customer service.) and Samsung which looks like they didn't even try to design the phone. All the other networks already have a Nokia please get one already! Today At&t just got the Lumia 1020 from Nokia. I'm not expecting the same thing but you guys should be getting a Nokia phone not HTC or Samsung both of which are focusing on the Android market. I want a good experience and so far HTC has proven to be the opposite of that with their phones and service. Please get a Nokia phone. I wanted to upgrade for the fall but that's probably not going to happen at this rate.

176 REPLIES 176
Journeyman

They just have to close out each comment in order to do their job.  It is really sad.

Master

Sailz11

I'm not sure what you mean, It's sad that we close out the comments… I think it's pretty awesome that we are here to help do you have a question for us that we can help you with?

- Clyde
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sure do have questions.

When will the update for Windows Phone 8 be released to Sprint users and what new Windows Phones will Sprint be providing us this year?

I'm afraid you'll have to go find somebody else to answer but we all know that that is a complete waste of time.

Sprint has a chance to do something unique in this industry by actually being forthright and communicating with its customer base.

To much to ask I'm afraid .....

Journeyman

Sailz11 wrote:

Sure do have questions.

When will the update for Windows Phone 8 be released to Sprint users and what new Windows Phones will Sprint be providing us this year?

I'm afraid you'll have to go find somebody else to answer but we all know that that is a complete waste of time.

Sprint has a chance to do something unique in this industry by actually being forthright and communicating with its customer base.

To much to ask I'm afraid .....

Robots can't answer those questions unfortunately. It's a waste of time asking Sprint Care anything.

Master

Sailz11,

Thank you for getting back to us with your questions. If an update becomes available, it will be sent out in waves and automatically pushed to your device. We are always looking to expand our device portfolio but have not received any information on what future Windows devices we will offer. Please stay tuned to our newsroom page for the latest Sprint related announcements sprint.com/newsroom.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Master

Finally_Windows - That is a great suggestion. When we have an official word on Nokia Lumias, it will be posted on newsroom.sprint.com. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Finally_Windows wrote:

Would be well over 10 million if Sprint carried some Lumias...

Microsoft sold 9.3 million Lumia Windows Phones worldwide for 'modest growth' | Wi...

There's a reason the major carriers carry Windows Phones, and a reason Sprint continues to shrink.

Journeyman

Well...an update to my original post on April 25, 2014.....

I have, just today, switched my services to Verizon.  I have had enough waiting on a new Windows Phone.  Today I purchased the HTC One M8 for Windows.  I am sad to leave Sprint as I have been a customer for years now, but I am over it!!!  The major marketing campaign that has happened with Apple I-Phone has been an ultimate slap in the face for Windows users!  And to not even offer at least 1 new option for Windows users is pathetic!  DEUCES!!

Journeyman

GRALYNJACQUES wrote:

Well...an update to my original post on April 25, 2014.....

I have, just today, switched my services to Verizon.  I have had enough waiting on a new Windows Phone.  Today I purchased the HTC One M8 for Windows.  I am sad to leave Sprint as I have been a customer for years now, but I am over it!!!  The major marketing campaign that has happened with Apple I-Phone has been an ultimate slap in the face for Windows users!  And to not even offer at least 1 new option for Windows users is pathetic!  DEUCES!!

Congrats man you wont regret it. Sprint is a sinking ship and you'll have much better coverage and newer Windows Phones!

Journeyman

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!!!!  Hey Sprint!!!  I see not listening to your costumers is working out well for you after hearing your earnings statement.  Still bleeding costumers.  I Love It.  So glad I was one of them.  Until you learn to deliver what your costumers want and not what you want to give them you will always come up short.  I Love It....  Until you learn, you will always be #3 and negative in profits.  Keep doing what your doing.  I'm sure your loving it.

Journeyman

Great move and a great example to us all. If Sprint cant offer us better Windows Phones and the latest updates, then we should all leave and go where we can get what we want. Sprint has reported its second quarter 2014 financial results today. Overall the carrier is reporting an operating loss of $192 million on operating revenue of $8.5 billion. On the subscriber front, Sprint said it has added a net total of 590,000 customers. Most of these additions were through its wholesale business, however, as the company experienced a net loss of 272,000 postpaid customers while picking up a total of 35,000 prepaid customers.

Someone stated,

"Businesses can only sustain a certain amount of bad decisions before they fail.
Some of sprints bad decisions:
1. Buying Nextel and alienating Nextel's customers. The forgot why they bought nextel in the first place.
2. Having their network closed to their phones only. Major customer pain point.
3. Dropping the roaming agreements with Mexico resulting in major fees for sprint customers on the southern border. Sprint ended up loosing most of those customers once they shut down iden and there was no need to keep sprint around anymore.
4. Having almost no interoperable spectrum with other carriers. This is probably the worst issue. They passed on the AWS 1700/2100 auction. It means their phones are not compatible with other carriers and vice versa.
5. Network vision is taking it a long long time to deploy. T-mobile did their LTE far faster.
6. Slow LTE due to band constraints on the lower frequency bands.

I could go on with more stuff but sprint is done. Softbank needs to sell it for parts."

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat