Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

I'm so tired of my HTC evo 3D it has been giving me issues ever since I got it. Neither Sprint nor HTC helped fix my issue. HTC didn't bother to even fix it even though they said they would. I was now looking to try a new phone and I was going to try Windows Phone. I've seen how nice the Nokia phones are. Too bad none are at Sprint. Sprint decides to choose HTC (which has poor customer service.) and Samsung which looks like they didn't even try to design the phone. All the other networks already have a Nokia please get one already! Today At&t just got the Lumia 1020 from Nokia. I'm not expecting the same thing but you guys should be getting a Nokia phone not HTC or Samsung both of which are focusing on the Android market. I want a good experience and so far HTC has proven to be the opposite of that with their phones and service. Please get a Nokia phone. I wanted to upgrade for the fall but that's probably not going to happen at this rate.

176 REPLIES 176
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

YukTiff,

Thank you for the post.  We are always looking to add new inventory to our line of phones. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate contacts.

May I ask what exactly is wrong with your device? What did the store and HTC say? Let us know

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an HTC EVO 3D which for me was one of the worse phones I've had. Before it would just endlessly restart which basically made it unusable. It started occasionally than it wouldn't stop. I brought it to the Sprint repair center the worker there told me that they couldn't find out what was wrong maybe the apps so I got a factory reset. I did the factory reset many times after that as no one at Sprint knew what the issue was even though they did diagnostic tests. HTC was worse when I asked for help. First the lady kept suggesting it was the battery and I knew it wasn't. So to test it out I got a new battery. It didn't work it would still restart like crazy. Then I sent it into HTC and they sent it back I thought it was repaired. However, they couldn't find anything wrong with the phone. Which was hilarious because not even 1 hour of receiving the phone back it restarted so I doubt they spent 2 days on it doing test or even observing the phone because it wasn't fixed or thoroughly checked out at all. Then I got another HTC EVO 3D it was working fine but I noticed SMS errors but now it can't even give me the right information when people send me text. It will say the wrong date and time they sent it to me or it will arrive much later than it should. Sprint of course had no fix to this beside tell me to do yet another factory reset.

For this I don't want another HTC phone and I would rather try a Nokia I'm not saying that Nokia would be much better but it would be nice of you guys to at least have a Nokia phone since all the other networks have 2. Samsung I didn't have the best experience with either but the phone doesn't even look like it is trying which makes it have no appeal. Please get a Nokia phone. I would like to upgrade to one in the fall.

Highlighted
Wizard

YukTiff,

Wow I can certainly understand.  That is definitely not a good experience with those phones. There is still time til the fall and we are constantly adding new phones. 

With the current phone you have showing the wrong date, it is in a specific area or it doesn't matter where you go?

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

The wrong date and time on my current phone happens no matter where I go. Another thing is that my current phone is starting to show the signs of my old phone. Draining battery and shutting off even when I'm not using it much. This is another reason I do not like HTC. Yet again I've got a phone that is messed up. I hope you guys really get a Nokia Windows phone. I would really like to try that out. HTC is just making the whole point of having a smartphone or a phone in general meaningless.

Highlighted
Wizard

YukTiff,

The wrong time and date is caused by one of two things.  Either your phone has an issue or there are tower issues. However, if it's happening everywhere do you know of anybody else with Sprint that is having the same issues?

Dania

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

It probably is the phone. I've had issues with this model of phone and I don't doubt it is just getting problems all over again. Granted Sprint always tells me they are fixing their towers which seems to be the constant excuse for issues as well. People that I know use Verizon, At&t and T-mobile. I don't know of anyone who uses Sprint except for my family. Please get better phones, one issue I have is I've read about it that quite a few people who have had the same or similar issues to the phone I've had with HTC Evo 3D but when I talk to Sprint employees and HTC employees they act as if this issue has never happened before. I wish you guys would thoroughly check these phones before selling them. Please get a Nokia phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

YukTiff,

Thanks for the reply. I know there are a lot of customers that are looking for Nokia devices. Right now Sprint does not have any upcoming phones made by Nokia. Thats not saying that might change in the future. Sprint is in process of updating the entire 3G footprint with Network vision , www.sprint.com/network , We have ramped up our efforts and are trying to be near complete by the end of 2013.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

That is very unfortunate as Nokia devices seem to actually be designed around the windows phone. Also since there are no upcoming phones for Nokia on the sprint network I won't be able to update to a phone I want to try. Which is disappointing. I hope you guys get a Nokia phone soon because I don't want to have to switch to another network but the phones that have been coming out are not appealing at all especially the line-up of the windows phone which seem to be two phone makers who are not even invested in the platform itself. On the 3G network process that is disappointing as well. I've been with Sprint for a long time now the 3G service has been horrible and on top of that we should be on 4G service and I can never even get 4G because I'm lucky if I can even get a decent 3G. Most of the time the connection is horrible and slow.

Highlighted
Wizard

I too would like a Nokia offering.  I am thoroughly confused.  If we are going to show support to the platform that received a people's choice award, why would you start with 2 models from manufacturers that dont care about it?  I can appreciate that Sprint has the huge burdon of selling iPhones, but these folks wont be getting the windows phones anyway.  As I say that the direction is already changing with businesses I speak with daily that are moving away from the iPhone and moving towards windows phones which can be intergrated into the network seamlessly.  IPads with businesses are getting replaced with windows pro tablets.  What is Sprint losing?  Sprint is losing the players that want a great windows phone but have to go to another carrier to get it.  Samsung nor HTC are serious about the platform.  Nokia is windows phone.  How can it be that Sprint refuses to carry one?  Or is it that Nokia refuses to sell it to us because of negative network backlash and its perception against the phone and operating system.  In either event the Sprint customer is losing and I dont wanna keep being on the short end of the stick.  There has to be some negotiation to bring Nokia back to Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am so tired of Sprint being at the absolute bottom of phone choices (unless if you want one of 50 Android phones, with a new one or two out every week, or a 9 year old technology and software iThing)! Nokia should have been a no-brainer if they truly wanted to embrace the WP8 platform. They took a year longer than everyone else, and they come out with two milquetoast offerings. But no .. they jumped in bed with two manufacturers who have less than a lukewarm attitude to it themselves. Sprint is THE most luddite, clueless technology company! And after 13 years with Sprint (and 30 with Sprint's long distance service going back to when it was US Telecom), I have just about had enough!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called and talked to Jessie, a Sprint customer service representative, on 8/18 and was told by her that the Nokia 1020 is scheduled to launch September 16th for Sprint.  I will be cancelling my 10 years with sprint on September 16th if this turns out to be a lie, as I was originally calling to see when I can cancel and switch to AT&T anyway.  Jessie said they "will be releasing the Nokia One Zero Two Zero on Sept 16th".  I may stick around if it is a 920 variant...

I had signed up to receive news and updates from sprint for WP8, still haven't received a word from anyone.  Stopped in to compare the HTC and Samsung WP8 devices, sales person didn't even know about the Samsung and they don't have it in store...  the HTC 8XT was a dummy model on the floor, sales person took one out of the box and turned one on for me (oh boy I can look at the set up process!!!)   

I know y'all at Sprint sold your soul and are contracted to sell millions of dollars worth of iPhones (y'all already bought them now you have to push them on us), but maybe you should find more uses for them such as beverage coasters or iFrisbees.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat