cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

I'm so tired of my HTC evo 3D it has been giving me issues ever since I got it. Neither Sprint nor HTC helped fix my issue. HTC didn't bother to even fix it even though they said they would. I was now looking to try a new phone and I was going to try Windows Phone. I've seen how nice the Nokia phones are. Too bad none are at Sprint. Sprint decides to choose HTC (which has poor customer service.) and Samsung which looks like they didn't even try to design the phone. All the other networks already have a Nokia please get one already! Today At&t just got the Lumia 1020 from Nokia. I'm not expecting the same thing but you guys should be getting a Nokia phone not HTC or Samsung both of which are focusing on the Android market. I want a good experience and so far HTC has proven to be the opposite of that with their phones and service. Please get a Nokia phone. I wanted to upgrade for the fall but that's probably not going to happen at this rate.

176 REPLIES 176
Highlighted
Master

WPuser7.5,

Thank you for the area and descriptions. This is certainly not the experience you should be having and I have sent a number of reports to our technicians to look into it. Would you mind keeping an eye on the situation and letting me know how it is after about a week (the amount of time that I have to give the techs)? I would like to keep tabs on this not only through our tools, but your experience as well.

Sincerely,
*Ben
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I moved over to Verizon and the Nokia Icon.  I performed the upgrade to 8.1 and really like the new features.  I have experienced several reboots, but none during a call.  They typically seem to occur when I am switching from one bluetooth device to another bluetooth device.

I think the upgrade is worthwhile, but I am not sure what type of support, if any, you will have if something breaks. 

There are three areas for me where WP needs to focus improvement:

1. Better bluetooth support including bluetooth HID for keyboards and photo capture

2. Audiobook support.  WP has the worst audiobook support and it is an important omission for those who like to listen to their own audiobooks.

3. Better music player.  The native music player does not cut it.  If I have it in shuffle mode it always starts with the same song and many times plays the songs in the exact same order.  It also gets hung on searching for media.

Cortana is a welcome addition and is an improvement over the previous voice commands.  It does some strange things and still needs work before the general release, but it makes the upgrade to 8.1 worth the issues I have found.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just come on already Sprint, sign a deal with Nokia so we can have some decent windows phones!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Per a story on Neowin, evleaks says that Sprint will carry the Nokia 635 later this year. AT&T, Verizon and T Mobile will have the phone as soon as July.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The 635 is a low end budget phone.  Let's hope that this is a good sign that Sprint will carry a high end Nokia phone like the Lumia 1520.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nokia's new phone code named McLaren is a Flagship Windows Phone that suppose to be released this fall on all carriers. There is a strong possibility that Sprint and T-mobile will merge and Sprint customers will be able to get new and old Nokia Windows Phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have seen and article about McLaren that states the device has not been picked up by Sprint.:

"However, WPCentral's Daniel Rubino claims that Nokia McLaren will be released in November as Microsoft's new flagship smartphone and it will be picked up by at least three major carriers in the United States, namely AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless"

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nokia-McLaren-Coming-This-Fall-with-5-2-Inch-Quad-HD-Display-Snapdrag...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service in area has not improved at all.  If anything, I think the dead zones have spread further north all the way to 518 now, even at I-45 and one block in at Hobbs road I get very little or no data reception.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is true but its also a possibility that Sprint and T-Mobile will merge and with that merger from the two companies becoming one entity, we will finally be able to get Windows Phones from Nokia and any other OEMs.

Highlighted
Master

WPuser7

Thanks for alerting us of the issues you're experiencing. In your area, we’re building an all-new network. While other carriers use the same equipment they’ve been using for years, Sprint's Network Vision plan will use the latest, state-of-the-art equipment to help make your wireless experience faster, clearer and easier. Combined with the guaranteed unlimited wireless plan, you will be happy that you stayed with Sprint. I have reported the issues you are experiencing to our network teams so they are aware of your specific location.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

APOCALYPSEAD wrote:

That is true but its also a possibility that Sprint and T-Mobile will merge and with that merger from the two companies becoming one entity, we will finally be able to get Windows Phones from Nokia and any other OEMs.

I would never wish that upon T-Mobile

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat