cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

I guess I'll wait for next week. But even at that point I doubt they are going to have a model ready soon and at that point I won't be a part of Sprint. They will probably have a phone release in the fall of next year which is another year and then some to wait for a Nokia phone. They really aren't helping themselves. In turn, we as customers have to suffer. Thanks for the information though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was going to say: Ahem, It's November 16th and there is no Nokia phone yet. I saw a post earlier though i was way too focused to get back into my sprint account to reply to something on here. I can't wait till September 16th. Two months later and nothing -^-

Though also.. I still have to wait till next year to get a new phone and i really would have to pick something out or have this crappy phone of mine right now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is my last week with Sprint. I ordered Lumia 1520. I must say my last month with sprint was very painful. I have call drops after 1 minute or so. I hear my voice echo on the line. I got not bad deal from Microsoft online store 3GB for $20 my monthly bill will under $60.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Great move. At this rate it seems Nokia won't arrive until after another year. It's pointless I waited and still nothing. If it's going to arrive next year then there is no point to even switch since my contract is up. I might as well change networks since Sprint is not getting a Nokia anytime soon and they never tried to get one. Maybe I'll just change my phone so that Nokia doesn't get my business since they didn't make a phone for Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a Sprint wireless customer since 97 and this is my last week also.  I am in the middle of a decent size CT town and don't even have 3g at the house and very sporadic phone service.  Sprint really would rather not sell Windows Phone as I have yet to go into any of the local stores and even see one. You will never be more valued by Sprint than the day before you become a Sprint customer. I am taking advantage of the Nokia deals out there for another carrier and it really isn't much cost difference considering I will have decent service. Why would I pay $199 for a Samsung WinPhone  anyway. Take care folks

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is my last week with Sprint.  They just haven't been getting all of the WP phones, so its by by Sprint this weekend.  My last contract is up this weekend.  Finally!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

You would think that with all the customers on this board including myself that are just bidding their time until their contracts are up to leave sprint that someone would get a hint. I have counted at least 4 post paid customers that are leaving. With Sprint hemmeraging post paid customers with every quarterly report you would think that they would do everything they could to stop the bleeding. They appear to have no interest in what we want and I'm sorry but loyalty is a two way street. At this point it looks as though this street is a dead end.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally went to the darkside... well partially anyways.  I kept my family on Sprint and I moved myself over to AT&T to get the Lumia 1520 and the 2520.  Came out to be a little more than I wanted to spend xtra a month, but with my company discount it's about 50 dollars more a month for me to be on AT&T and to keep my family on Sprint.  If Sprint gets more proactive with windows phones and Nokia, and there service actually gets better then I'll move back in 2 years. (Still believe in supporting underdog and unlimited plan, and do believe AT&T and Verizon are the dark side).  If not then I'll move my family over to AT&T, or possibly T-Mobile (I really, really dislike Verizon).  I've got around a year before the next one of my family members are up on contract, so I'll be watching for the next year.  If things improve greatly, I'll jump back early, if things don't improve, then I'll start moving more over to AT&T.  Sprint.... start coming through for your current customers. This is the first year I've seen you guys get a crappy customer service score (I've always thought you guys were great, and already having issues with AT&T and I haven't even got my devices yet).  Your service (At least here in Houston) has gotten progressively worse, when, just over a year ago, it was a list consistent and solid, not exactly fast data, but both data and voice were at least consistent.  Since you've started your "improvements", it seems to have just gotten ... inconsistent.  Like I stated in so many other posts, before finally jumping, I wanna be a Sprint customer, but you gotta give me something to argue with. Make my Christmas next year and convince me to come back, or at least convince me to not move the remainder of my service over to AT&T. 

just FYI, the deal that hooked me was $99 d 1520 (saved 100 dollars) $199 2520 (Saved 200 dollars) Free Touch Cover through Nokia (150 dollar value) 2 $20 dollar gift cards (40 bucks) 50 Gig AT&T online storage, 20 Gig SkyDrive Storage, Some free Apps, + 20% company discount on service, + Free Samsung Ativ S WIndows 8 Tablet (10 a month service).  I get the Phone and Tablet I want (Minus AT&T's crappy adjustments to the standard roll out), plus a free tablet for family  member for Christmas ,  I also get better data coverage with faster speeds (Still argue on voice as I have a AT&T company phone, and it definitely drops calls more than Sprint, even with your recent issues during your "upgrade").  Other than that I get Crappier customer service, Higher prices, NO UNLIMITED PLAN, and, worst of all, the appearance as a turn coat to all the co-workers over the years I've convinced to come to Sprint (equates to probably around 100 contracts, including there family members).  Also the guys I've argued with that still are with AT&T get to give me the, I told you so, for the next year or two.

LONG Story short (too late) I'm giving you a year to show me you still know what your customers want, and that although Unlimited for the right cost is definitely the big thing,  it isn't everything, and DON'T SKIMP ON THE CUSTOMER SERVICE to improve the other things.  You've got my attention with your new Spark network, now reel back in!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the Microsoft acquisition of Nokia is going through now, I think it's better to start putting all the pressure on Microsoft instead of Sprint.  As we all know it was more of Nokia's fault for deciding not to put the newer 3.0 and 4.0 radios that Spring demanded for security purposes.  Sprint wasn't completely supportive of Nokia, but it was willing to sell their phones if they would've stop using the old CDMA radios that China Mobile and Verizon were using that were susceptible to being hacked and spied on by the NSA and other foreign governments.  I'm sure that Microsoft wants to push Windows Phone through all of the United States as hard as possible, but they're going to need to make the decision to use Qualcomm's newer and more secure CDMA radios that are currently being using in all of the other Androids and iPhones on CDMA carriers.

So... Go over to Microsoft's site and start BLOWING them up with requests, complaints and petitions to bring their Lumia phones over to Sprint IMMEDIATELY!

Link to Microsoft discussion for CDMA radios in their new Lumia phones - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/lumia-phones-with-cdma-radios/a0fa9f...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dumped Sprint today for AT&T as promised.  Sprint just refused to treat WP like their other OS's so bye bye.  I will not be returning unless Sprint changes its tune.  Me and my five lines went bye bye and I've been LTE'n all day now.  LOL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

" You may not realize however that Verizon only had CDMA 1.0, 2.0 & 3.0 radios"

Do you have any links or references about this? I can't find anything anywhere else that mentions anything about CDMA 1.0,2.0,3.0 radios.

Highlighted
Master

tidesofrane

Thanks for your post. We do care very much about our customers feedback and we work constantly with device manufacturers to bring our customers a cutting edge device portfolio.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat