Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nokia Windows Phone coming to Sprint?

Yes,  another Mobile World Congress over and not a single Sprint announcement for Nokia.  It is really sad that Sprint does not care about customers who are practically begging for a Nokia phone.  I realize Windows Phone is a small percentage of the market, but it is at 10% in the US and growing.  The Icon at Verizon looks great and it would be good to have something like this phone at Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm 99% positive I will be following you and your family to ATT for the same reason, my contract expires in July 2014 .  The whole family can't wait to get a Nokia on their hands. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here. I'm free in July. By then ATT will likely be offering incredible deals on the phone I want today. Nearly 15 years with Sprint, but bye-bye.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you two as well.  I'm free in July as well and have been waiting for a Nokia Windows phone for a couple years now but nothing.  I do like what ATT offers as well and the same thing as you Rankdy, I'm sure the phone i've been eyeing is gonna be at a nice price in the summer so I will be jumping ship as well.   Another reason for Windows phone is that 80% of the people out there own a Windows computer and not a so limited Apple system, I would like to make use of everything I have to its limits.  My family can;t wait for us to jump ship and get the phones we've all been looking for.  And about what the CEO said about that he know that Sprint will loose costumers for the time being is that he doesnt understand that once you are with a phone company you usually stick to that company because its allot less hassle than jumping every year or every 2.

Highlighted
Master

Hnav26,

I'm sorry to see you ready to leave due to the lack of Nokia announcements on Sprint.  Stay tuned here http://newsroom.sprint.com/ for upcoming releases.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gee David, that almost sounds snarky. We're not leaving due to a lack of announcements. We're leaving because Sprint has virtually abandoned the Windows Phone platform. We have a choice of two low-level Windows 8 phones for "upgrades" and those of us still using a WP7 device are left to wonder why we never got an update to version 7.8. Last time I went to a Sprint store for service, they practically broke their necks trying to sell me an iPhone instead. You literally give us no choice. WP is dead at Sprint. If we want a good Windows Phone 8 device we HAVE to go elsewhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with others here. It's not the lack of announcements. We've been waiting 2 years on your stupid newsroom for an announcement only to be met with 2 shoddy phones that are entry level and NO nokia devices. You guys keep trying to steer us into iphones or the next Galaxy phone. Even in the store. I will leave for verizon after the summer. My contract expired in December. I am only here until I can move my number and pay 6 months advance on a Nokia 9xx or 1xxx .. You guys suck. Seriously report this to your superiors YOU SUCK quit spouting a canned response about your EFFING newsroom. We know about your stupid newsroom we've been waiting 2 years for a nokia announcement.  12 years with you guys and the last 6 you've been TERRIBLE.

Highlighted
Master

DP667,

It's distressing to hear that our past 6 years together have been so bad; this is not what we want for you. Please let me know what has been going on for the past 6 years that makes your experience terrible, I'd like to make things better.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with most everyone else here, really wish Sprint would come out with a good Windows phone. The only thing that has kept me with Sprint is the family plan but if I need to pay a little more with someone else to get the phone I want I'm ready. Sprint is about to kiss me and my 5 lines goodbye!

Highlighted
Journeyman

RandyAWW wrote:

Gee David, that almost sounds snarky.

That did sound snarky. Way to treat their customers, like we're a bunch of peasants.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

Might be the only way Nokia phones ends up on Sprint (jointly under T-Mobile merger) temporarily until Sprint kills off the GSM portion of T-Mobile

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat