cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: Stop blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: PETITION: Stop blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices!

i agree most probably find this boring, so one fast point only (and i think this is the main thing we disagree on...) 'sprint allowed substantial infringement to continue' it could be argued they did not allow anything, it's the users... besides if all that's required is point 1-2 and 'allowing it to continue' then they'd be legally obligated to lock down every other server on the network (overstated but my point is i don't think the law is that over-reaching).
otoh for all we know they just blocked the user agent string of the arcsoft client (if mms has user agent strings that is)...
I doubt MMS has any huge patent restrictions, as a quick google search turns up at least one open source MMS client and MMS gateway...

I would happily pay a buck or two more for TRUE MMS using the phone's built in client (or suitable equivalent where appropriate) rather than 'picture mail'. I have no interest in easily sending crappy camera phone pics to be printed at Ritz Camera. If I wanted to do this, I'd burn them to a CD.

Lastly, 'business decisions' can mean anything. It can mean it's cheaper to use picture mail so they do so. Or it could just as easily mean that some director thought picture mail was easier to use, and going that route would be a better business strategy.

Wizard

@IronHelix wrote:
i agree most probably find this boring, so one fast point only
Now what will we do with our spare time?

@IronHelix wrote:
I would happily pay a buck or two more for TRUE MMS using the phone's built in client (or suitable equivalent where appropriate) rather than 'picture mail'.

Tristan: Two votes so far

@IronHelix wrote:
Lastly, 'business decisions' can mean anything. It can mean it's cheaper to use picture mail so they do so. Or it could just as easily mean that some director thought picture mail was easier to use, and going that route would be a better business strategy.

Exactly. "Business Decision" usually means that one of two or more viable options was selected for financial or competitive reasons.

Message Edited by bakntyme on 02-28-2008 11:39 PM

Journeyman

Sprint get your head out of your A*. Fix this problem or you will loose another customer!!!!!! Hell cheep a* Metro PCS allows pic text on cheep free razor phones. WTF!!!
We had a way around this problem that was working fine until Dec 07. Then Sprint blocked us from continuing to use this feature. What is the real issue??? It doesn't have anything to do with the network. Hell you allow the Trio to use MMS. Why not the HTC????

Journeyman

Let us not forget that Sprint is "together with Nextel". My husbands Nextel phone has MMS. So is it a Sprint issue???

Wizard

@catherinetate wrote:
Sprint get your head out of your A*. Fix this problem or you will loose another customer!!!!!! Hell cheep a* Metro PCS allows pic text on cheep free razor phones. WTF!!!
We had a way around this problem that was working fine until Dec 07. Then Sprint blocked us from continuing to use this feature. What is the real issue??? It doesn't have anything to do with the network. Hell you allow the Trio to use MMS. Why not the HTC????

@catherinetate wrote:
Let us not forget that Sprint is "together with Nextel". My husbands Nextel phone has MMS. So is it a Sprint issue???

Have you read the most recent few pages of this thread?

Journeyman

Yes. And?

Journeyman

I pay for the extra service on my phone. stop the blocking please.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, Please stop this A.S.A.P. You are only irritating current users and will lose business. Not wise considering Sprint's recent stock performance. It is true that Nextel's can send MMS but Sprint phones can't. Sad... Killabee44

Journeyman

@cj10488 wrote:
One or multiple of you could contact the high up sprint people
Granted some of them might have changed but I am sure the New CEOs address follows sprints standard... daniel dot r dot hesse at sprint dot com or dan.hesse at sprint dot com
It seems with customer service being one of his #1 priorities as stated per <a target="_blank" href="http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_09/b4073054448185.htm?chan=topnews_topnews+index_technology">Sprints Wake up Call article on business week that one might hope he would care about such a major issue...
I have already send out a letter to the BOD of sprint... Read Receipts and Delivery confirmation on all of them...
If this is an issue they care about maybe some changes will be made.. yes they have been linked to multiple threads..
James

If you want to get Dan Hesse's attention, his email address is Daniel.Hesse@sprint.com. dan.x.hesse@sprint.com will go to the office of Dan Hesse. Maybe if his inbox gets flooded with this issue something might be done!

Journeyman

Already Did and thats when I found out about the Update for the Mogul being out on the 10th if all goes as planned...
It was also stated that they knew and it was pretty apparent that WM users wanted Picturemail and that they were working on it and It was explained that its not something with WM that could be done quickly... Hopefully we see something shortly... I know we will be seeing the Mogul rom shortly..
James

Journeyman

So with this update that will hopefully be coming out on the 10th will I be able to use MMS on my Mogul? If so i think sprint managed to do it in time to save the loss of at least one customer

Journeyman

Wait the 10th as in March 10th?
Why haven't they made an annoucement about it yet. I am geeked if it does happen.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat