cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: Stop blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: PETITION: Stop blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices!

I am hoping it does.

However I notice that aside from the firmware leaked from HTC, there hasn't been any kind of beta test program. That worries me. I am worried that we will have a repeat of the last, oh, every single mogul firmware release since the shipping firmware, where there are obvious bugs that make the firmware much less usable. These bugs all somehow make it through the 3 months of 'quality testing' but are all discovered and reported here, complete with reproductions and workarounds (if they exist) within 48hrs. And then we have another 3 months to wait for another buggy firmware.

I am tentatively getting my hopes up; but Sprint- release early to beta testers, release often to beta testers until the bugs are gone, THEN release to the public. Don't worry about revealing confidential info- your competitors probably already know what Sprint is doing becuase they are doing the same thing. Worry about your customers first.

Here's to hoping...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes as in March 10th.. There will be nothing with Picturemail included in with this release though... It will be strictly GPS and Rev A...
If there is something to do with picturemail It will be last min... I spoke with Someone on the 27th of Feb and was told that as of the 29th it will be released to HTC to put on the New Devices and will be released on March 10th so long as there are no more major bugs found... They said that the picturemail issue is more involved to resolve than an overnight solution.
James

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope Sprint adds MMS support to this device, if I wanted an expensive phone without basic communication features I would get an iPhone. I have a feeling they started blocking this because they didn't license ArchSoft's MMS for this device. ArchSoft probably found out how freely this unlicensed software was floating around for Sprint's customers. Instead of Sprint paying up they probably just decided to block the software.

Highlighted
Wizard

@IronHelix wrote:
Bring back the BAW Bee!

Don't tell me Sprint got a cease-and-desist letter from Georgia Tech too?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint won't be getting my business until I can find a smart phone that sends picture messages without any silly workarounds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, they have until the end of the month to fix this for me: then it's back to good ole reliable and feature rich Verizon.
The answer, as complex as it may be to implement, is quite simple. They need to invoke the industry standard MMS protocol. I've been using real MMS for years. This PictureMail crap is ridiculous. Even with the MMS hack from PPCGeeks, you still don't have the full-fledged robustness of true MMS. Your incoming MMS is unmanagable because they are links in your SMS that in turn have to open your browser app. Anyone that's never experienced how MMS should work, go bug your buddy with a Verizon PDA and check it out. I love my HTCTouch, but it looks like Sprint will have to go. Rumor has it that Verizon is releasing the Touch. I can't wait...
I joined this forum to respond to Sprint's decision to block MMS on PPC phones.
Highlighted
Journeyman

for about a month i was using Arcsoft, and all of a sudden sprint blocked it... it was one of my favorite features too - i would love to have MMS enabled</div>

Highlighted
Journeyman

An easy solution would be for Sprint to LICENSE the Arcsoft app, just like ALL the other carriers. Put their logo in it and release it as a .cab download. The solution to this problem is there. It has been PROVEN to work on Sprint's servers. there is absolutely no need for reinventing the wheel here, and saying that it's "more involved" to solve it is pure, fragrant cowpie.

cj10488 wrote:
Yes as in March 10th.. There will be nothing with Picturemail included in with this release though... It will be strictly GPS and Rev A...
If there is something to do with picturemail It will be last min... I spoke with Someone on the 27th of Feb and was told that as of the 29th it will be released to HTC to put on the New Devices and will be released on March 10th so long as there are no more major bugs found... They said that the picturemail issue is more involved to resolve than an overnight solution.
James

Highlighted
Journeyman

I JOINED THIS SITE JUST FOR THE PURPOSE OF PETITIONING SPRINT. I'VE BEEN A SPRINT CUSTOMER FOR GOING ON 7 YEARS NOW, AND THIS IS THE FIRST MAJOR ISSUE I'VE HAD WITH THEM. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW MMS CAN BE ON THE "CHEAP" PHONES BUT THEY CAN'T HAVE THE OPTION AVAILABLE FOR THE "BIG" CUSTOMERS. I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS GETS WORKED OUT. IF IT DOESN'T; MYSELF ALONG WITH MY ENTIRE FAMILY AND EVERYONE THAT I KNOW WITH SPRINT, WILL END OUR BUSINESS WITH SPRINT.I AM ALSO POSTING BULLETINS ON ALL OF THE WEBSITES THAT I VISIT WHAT SPRINT IS DOING, JUST TO GET A BIGGER RESPONSE ON THE ISSUE. IN MY OPINION SPRINT IS GOING TO BE LOSING A LOT OFBUSINESS PROFESSIONALS AS CUSTOMERS, MY FATHERS COMPANY IS ENDING THIER BUSINESS WITH SPRINT ALREADY. THIS INFORMATION IS MAKING IT'S WAY THROUGH THE MILITARY SERVICE AS WELL.
I'M ASKING AS A LONG TIME CUSTOMER...PLEASE FIGURE OUT A WAY TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. OVER THE YEARS I'VE TALKED A LOT OF PEOPLE INTO SWITCHING TO SPRINT AND MOST OF THEM HAVE ALREADY LEFT YOUR SERVICES. UP UNTIL THIS ISSUE I'VE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH SPRINT AND I'D HATE TO END MY BUSINESS WITH YOU OVER SUCH A SIMPLE FIX.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You know, I've been with Sprint for a long time, and have soldiered through improper billing, poor CS, and a myriad of other issues. I currently have two lines with Sprint both of which are on Sero. For awhile now the only reason I have chose to stay with Sprint is due to their price point vs. others, but this total lack of concern displayed for PPC/Smartphone owners in regards to MMS is totally obsurd. We have some of the most expensive phones they carry and this is how we are treated! Here's the deal Sprint, you either fix this problem or come Sept. my contract is up and my numbers will be ported! At some point for everyone its not about how cheap your plan is. At some point it's about principal. I would rather pay more and get what I want, than pay less and be dissatisfied or feel I don't get everything I should out of my carrier because they decided to harbor functionality on my phone. As a customer I could care less how you fix it. Just fix it. Like stated before it seems the quickest way would be to spend a little for a liscense and put out a cab file, but in the end we all just want it fixed. This phone should do it all. Not partially, not almost, all! For what these phones, software, accesories cost you should want your flagship phones to do it all so people could say, "WOW!" I want that phone! So get it together Sprint and do the right thing.
PS-This is definitely me signing this petition!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add me to the Petition: Stop Blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices.

Im disappointed to learn that Sprint has disabled the PIX MMS feature for the Windows smart phones and learning that you must be required to get the data service package in order to send pictures via email. The Mogul is not a cheap phone and you would expect that this phone would have all the features and capabilities available as any other phone plus the additional Windows feature/services that are made available to you if wish to use or purchase. I also learned after purchasing the Mogul that the sprint radio, sprint tv, GPS services are not available after the sprint representative pitched the best sale ever indicating that all these services are available with the Mogul so after learning that these services are not available I cancelled the data package. But now to learn, I cant send pictures without this service is highly disappointing and makes me a very dissatisfied customer. Iwill definitely do my homework and make a better decision when it comes to the phone, the carrier and the services when this contract comes to an end or if I do not end it sooner. This makes me questioned Sprints' intent and integrity because this is false advertisement! Is this in the best interest of Sprint or the customer?

Message Edited by fywebb40 on 03-07-2008 08:53 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

To be honest, until a couple days ago I couldn't care less about MMS/PitcureMail on my phone. I never really use it, nor have I ever experienced it. But the other day, a friend of mine MMS some pictures to me (he has Verizon service). So I get the "You have Picture Mail" messages in my SMS inbox. Wow... that was a painful experience. Picturemail is so overly complicated compared to how simple it could be with just pure MMS. So for all you MMS/PictureMail crusaders out there, I feel your pain and consider this message a signature in the petition.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat