cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PETITION: Stop blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: PETITION: Stop blocking MMS on PDA and Smartphone devices!

Please Sprint, Please enable MMS on PDA Phones. I use my phone for work and need to send pictures from the filed back to the home office to make certain determinations. It just KILLS me that I can not do this on my phone. My hubby can on his Katana a "disposable phone" but it's not on high end devices.
Sprint, what can we do to persuade and assist in getting MMS on PDA phones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Moto Q9c. As its advertised it has picture mail ability only it's strictly through email. If I had known and been properly informed I might not have gotten the phone. It really is absurd and just dumb for Sprint to do this. Just fix the problem already!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also everyone write and call Sprint HQ!!!! This has to be fixed!!
Sprint Nextel
2001 Edmund Halley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
703-433-4000

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in this petition also.
I started using Picture Mail when I had the Sanyo VM5300. IMHO, it is a fantastic add-on to have. Your pictures are stored permanently in your account (so as long as you maintain the same phone number and account with Sprint), there are noaccount size and bandwidth limits, you can upload them directly from your computer and sending pictures/videos is a breeze.
It's funny that a low end phone can have this feature, but not a Mogul (which I have), Touch, or Blackberry.
EDIT: For the extra $5 a month added to an existing Power Vision data pack, Sprint is losing out a sizable chunk of revenue.

Message Edited by Newkirk Plaza David on 03-10-2008 12:13 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I support this petition as well. We need MMS and Sprint radio on our windows mobile phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's absurd

I do hereby sign said petition as well...it's crazy that they have taken such an absurd stance on this.

It defies logic as far as I am concerned, as the organizations that are to succeed are the ones that are embracing the Consumer Experience aspect of doing business. Sprint seems to do just the opposite, and finds ways to lose revenue while doing it. Pretty sad I ever switched to them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I support this petition. PDA paid for MMS, we should be able to use it. This is just another nail in Sprint's coffin, terrible customer service, lack of customers, and now screwing their customers even more. I think I'm going back to verizon, don't have to put up with this type of crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have a samsung a920 (yes i know it is old) and it supports EVERYTHING! i want a new phone but am reluctant to get one due to the fact that they cant do MMS messaging, or something so small that sprint could easily add. My current phone is Sprint TV capable (i've had it for 2+ years) all i had to do was download the application and voila! it works! i want the HTC Touch, but right now im just not too sure if i wanna give up built in MMS. I have sprint for 7 years now and this is seriously making me rethink my carrier. i have never had an issue with them (like i heard a lot of people do). but my bill is paid every month in full. its so aggravating that i would be paying this much for a new phone when my old one has a function (which i use regularly) that the new one wont have right out of the box. i've read in a few other threads here and on other sites that there are third party apps to download, but ive also heard that when u do that it freezes, so what do i do? for now im keeping my old phone. Sprint isn't getting any money from me for a new device just yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, as well as every single Sprint PDA/Smartphone owner would prefer to be able to send and receive MMS than to have the option not only unavailable, but blocked all together.\ Starting today I will be calling Sprint every day and making a request to have this feature enabled. I urge everybody to do the same. If EVERYBODY did this, Sprint would have no choice to comply as the added call volume would cost them a good deal of money.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What the heck is Sprint smokin!? We spent all this money on the phone and it has all these features...butwe can't even do the basic things like send mobile to mobile pics or have call back tones? This is supposed to be a smart mobilephone (hence the words mobilephone) with a camera so why in the heck can't we send mobile to mobile pics? If I wanted to send picsvia e-mail I would get on my personal computer and send pics! I could send pics when I had my Sanyo MM 8300 phone which is like 3 times less than my Treo 700wx phone and use call back tones. I've been with Sprint since 2001 and I've never thought about leaving until now...Get with the program Sprint and step your game up before you lose a whole lot of good customers!Put MMS on our phone and let us get call back tones too!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@j2008 wrote:
Also everyone write and call Sprint HQ!!!! This has to be fixed!!
Sprint Nextel
2001 Edmund Halley Drive
Reston, VA 20191
703-433-4000

It would be better to email the CEO directly: Daniel.Hesse@sprint.com OR the office of Dan Hesse: Daniel.x.Hesse@sprint.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add me to this petition. We are a family of four (My wife, son, daughter, myself) and we been with Sprint for several years now, and we'll be happy to remain Sprint customers if this issue is resolved.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat