Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPC-6800... What's the deal?

Journeyman

PPC-6800... What's the deal?

Ok, since nobody wants to ask the question, I will. Smiley Happy

There are a whole lot of users that are waiting on the replacement for the ppc-6700 (the 6800 ofcourse). That info is all over the net with pictures. It looks like a great phone, but why the slow processor and not rev-a capable?

I know you guys have this phone in the pipeline and is in trials but please don't delete this post. People already know and have seen the pics...

A lot info is out on Verizon's version as well. I really hope Sprint's version is much better.

69 REPLIES 69
Journeyman

Where to buy WM6 Sprint Smartphone!

Journeyman

saxjazz wrote:
Where to buy WM6 Sprint Smartphone!

Apparantly in the year 2010.

Journeyman

When I saw WM5 in the specifications sheet I thought I heard Boe's head explode and SaltyDawg howl.

Sorry, I don't mean to make light and I know this is a big point of contention for many of you.  I asked our product group to comment and they don't seem to have an answer so I passed along this thread to the product manager.  The only thing I can really say is I cannot confirm or deny anything on that sheet. 

I'll keep up with them and making sure they know what you are saying.

Tristan

Journeyman

tsk tsk sprint. you're losing customers, no wonder we're only the third most used carrier. even t-mobile is catching up.
tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk BAD.

Journeyman

It's amazing that the company with the most powerful data netwok, largest data coverage area, AND the cheapest data rates- is still losing market share to all the other major carriers.
Wakeup Sprint. None of your coverage or network, or anything else, means ANYTHING if we don't have a phone to use it.

Journeyman

Itdefinatly would be nice to know for sure what the specs are going to be. And, if released WM5 and EVDO-Rev0, Solid dates for updates to WM6 and RevA as well.

Journeyman

Tristan wrote:
When I saw WM5 in the specifications sheet I thought I heard Boe's head explode and SaltyDawg howl.
Sorry, I don't mean to make light and I know this is a big point of contention for many of you. I asked our product group to comment and they don't seem to have an answer so I passed along this thread to the product manager. The only thing I can really say is I cannot confirm or deny anything on that sheet.
Tristan

As if millions of (Sprint) voices suddenly cried out in terror and then switched to another carrier. I'm glad you are still hanging in there bearing the slings and arrows of our misfortune. I'm going through the 5 stages of switching carriers right now. I was in denial that Sprint couldn't possibly stiff us with such an antiquated phone, then I had depression about Sprint not recognizing theirclients' concerns, then I was angry they were not interested in current technology, I'm moving into acceptance - next comes bargaining with ATT.

For those of you willing to keep your contracts I urge you, donot gogentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Message Edited by boe on 04-26-200709:14 PM

Journeyman

@tristan wrote:

Sorry, I don't mean to make light and I know this is a big point of contention for many of you. I asked our product group to comment and they don't seem to have an answer so I passed along this thread to the product manager. The only thing I can really say is I cannot confirm or deny anything on that sheet.

Tristan

Not to beat a dead horse, but why I would someone want to buy this phone from Sprint that at this point isn't even out yet when they can already buy a phone with comparable specs from AT&T (the comparison being the Cingular 8525) that has been out for sometime and outright guaranteed a update to WM6?

Journeyman

Mr. TierII,
Can I pre-order the 6800? My treo is shot and I need something..
Thanks

Journeyman

Too bad the specs for the 6800 listed are WM5 - they're shipping WM6 phones overseas.

Journeyman

Not sure if it is true but they seem to think T-mobile will release a WM6 update for their Dash this coming Friday - http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/29/windows-mobile-6-update-for-t-mobile-dash-leaked/
How's that "official Sprint" update for the 6700 coming? I'll be surprised if I'm not running an unofficial WM6 release for my phone by the end of May - I'll be even more surprised if Sprint ever releases an update for it AKU 3.5 or WM6.
For anyone not already running AKU 3.5 on their PPC6700 I highly recommend downloading a copy of the unified project from PPC Geeks. It speeds up the phone significantly, helps reduce theDark Screen Of Death, improves the bluetooth stack, among other things.

Message Edited by boe on 04-30-200712:28 AM

Journeyman

I've been running a custom 3.5 ROM for a while. It's great. I alsi highly recommend everyone try it out.
On the Dash- yes, it's not only getting an official WM6 upgrade, but you can already download it. No need to wait til Friday. I saw a download link at pcsintel.com (official too, not a hacked version or anything).

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat