Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPC-6800... What's the deal?

Journeyman

PPC-6800... What's the deal?

Ok, since nobody wants to ask the question, I will. Smiley Happy

There are a whole lot of users that are waiting on the replacement for the ppc-6700 (the 6800 ofcourse). That info is all over the net with pictures. It looks like a great phone, but why the slow processor and not rev-a capable?

I know you guys have this phone in the pipeline and is in trials but please don't delete this post. People already know and have seen the pics...

A lot info is out on Verizon's version as well. I really hope Sprint's version is much better.

69 REPLIES 69
Journeyman

My guess as to why Sprint chose not to release any updates for the 6700 and why they chose the old QVGA resolution of the 6800 instead of choosing a PDAphone with VGA resolution which HTC the manufacturer of the 6800 has been putting in their PDA Phones for 2 years now!

Journeyman

Boe,
You are a funny man !!!
If you produce a availability vision from your crystal ball, please pass it on.
Jim

Journeyman

I doubt it would be until October and if that is the case then they would need to up the specs.

Journeyman

Wow, you have got to be kidding me!
Sprint- please, just let us start using unlocked phones with RUIM cards...
We're all already disappointed that you're releasing a phone with outdated technology. Now we find out that we have to wait another 6 months before we can even buy it? Are you kidding me?
WOW! What devices will all the other carriers be using when Sprint finally releases the outdated 6800?

Journeyman

LOL

boe wrote:
My guess as to why Sprint chose not to release any updates for the 6700 and why they chose the old QVGA resolution of the 6800 instead of choosing a PDAphone with VGA resolution which HTC the manufacturer of the 6800 has been putting in their PDA Phones for 2 years now!

Journeyman

They did confirm that multiple new phones will come out on the 14th. Although they did not verify the 6800, they did imply it's availability. I am guessing that the 14th will be release date with 80% confidence.

Journeyman

Tristan wrote:
LOL
I'm stoked I finally gave you a chuckle. You put up with a lot of whining from me about the Sprint execs, I figure you could use a little boost. BTW for anyone not aware the creator of the comic started his professional career at Sprint - coincidence?

Journeyman

It seems as though the 6800 is being delayed. Anyone know what other phones might be coming out on the 14th?

Journeyman

Palm Treo 755p
Samsung M510

Tristan

Journeyman

Well, the 14th came and went. So, do any admins have any new information regarding a release date on the 6800? I wish you would share the release date whatever it is. If it is in October, fine, just tell us. I heard somewhere that the 6800 was for sure coming out in the 2nd quarter of 07. That would give you till the end of June. I would simply like to know when once and for all so I can get it at that time. I will NOT purchase a 6700 now that I know the 6800 will be coming out.
I called a Sprint store on the 14th to see if they knew anything. He said they didn't have them and didn't know when they would be available. But, he did say that the 6800 showed up on their latest rebate forms which often times means that it will be out soon. Sometimes though, he said that a phone will show up on the new rebate form and still not get released for months afterward. So, who knows. Can someone just please share the actual release date so I can stop searching for answers and just wait for that date. Thanks.

Journeyman

I posted in another thread about this but thought I would post here too. On another message board a user claims to have already received their 6800. They said that a Radio Shack rep buddy of theirs let them buy one before the official release date. You can read it here.

Journeyman

Ok, There is a new date floating around as to when the 6800 (Mogul) will be released. I am wondering if Tristan can verify this. I have seen several people say that the new release date will be June 18th. I am hoping this is accurate information but you never really know. That is why I am hoping for a confirmation from someone at Sprint that might actually know something. Please let us know. Thanks.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat