cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pro Connection Problems Phone as a Modem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pro Connection Problems Phone as a Modem

I have had my Palm Pro for 3 months now and I am never able to get a stable connection for phone as a modem. I called Sprint for help and they could offer none to help fix the issue. I get a stable connection for about 30 seconds and then it mysteriously goes away. Then comes back about 2 minutes later for another 30 seconds. I have Windows XP running on my laptop. I used to have a 700p that ran phone as modem fine using the broadband software, but the Pro is on Windows Mobile. PLEASE HELP ANYONE IF YOU KNOW HOW TO RESOLVE THIS!!!! I am thinking of just cutting out the service if I cannot get it working more normally.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

"Nevermind the man behind the curtain!"

Just a nother PAM nazi making sure you arent "Breaking the rules...."

which are ever changing BTW.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just had this exact same issue.  I was sold on this phone because you could use it as a modem.  I finally ventured into trying it because I'm out and about.  I got this same answer.  Yes I can upgrade to the HTC EVO 4g (which 4G is not in my area but I would have to pay $99 + 10 for the 4G coverage that I wont use)  and which they do not have in stock.. and shell out $300 bucks for the phone plus an extra $30 a month to share the connection.  Why does Sprint still have this page up showing how to connect your phone to the computer and share internet if its not available? http://support.sprint.com/support/pages/tutorialArticleDetails.jsp?articleId=2627#__highlight&id16=t...

I'm honestly so mad at Sprint.  I've had this service for over 5 years now and ready to try another company!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat