cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing music on the Mogul?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Playing music on the Mogul?

I have a 3 and a half minute MP3 song on my internal memory.  When I try to play it, it plays for about 30 seconds in Windows Media Player then stops with the message 'Not Enough Storage Space'.  I have about 16MB of RAM free, nothing else running, I use Oxios CloseApps to make sure everything is cleared out.

Is this a known issue?  Any suggestions?

Any third party music players for the Mogul? 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Playing music on the Mogul?

After reading your post, I put my Mogul to the ultimate test...I copied a 15.5 MB, 17 min 2 sec MP3 version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida to the internal memory, and Windows Media Player played it all the way through without a hitch.

I have had a few problem files in the past, where the file would play on my desktop PC but not on the Mogul. I ran the offending files through WavePad (a free audio file editor) and changed the bitrate to 128 kb/sec and the resulting file played properly on the Mogul.

Guess I am showing my age by my choice of test music...

Journeyman

I am so not so Techno, however I did some searching to see what is out there. Try this site on your pc and let me know what you thought of it or if you have heard of it.....http://www.freewareppc.com/

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-download-htc-task-manager-v2-0.html

oops, I found this one too....

SabbyKnows

"Within me lies an old soul"

Message Edited by Sabbyknows on 05-02-2008 01:59 PM

Journeyman

TCPMP is a really good option for a secondary media player.

Journeyman

Here's a different solution. Go to www.orb.com from your PC and sign up for a free account. Download the orb app to your PC and install. While at the orb site set it all up and create your profile (not really needed, but it makes sharing easier for others later). Once you finish that, go to orb from your Mogul's IE browser. Once you log in, the orb on your desktop works like a server and gives you remote access toyour hardrive.

Access the Audio files or Video files or whatever files you want. Orb allows free range of the drive. Select what you want to listen to, watch, read, view, etc. If it's music or video, WMP or TCMP (If you are using that one. I am, it's much better) automatically opens and plays the file. WMP doesn't need to be configured but TCMP does need a little tweeking to work properly.

This way, you don't use up space on the storage card or device memory and still can listen or watch as much as you want, considering you have an unlim data plan. Later after you getmore familiarwith orb.com, you can create playlists for later listeningor post media to your profile and give the link for listening or viewing to someone else. You even have the option to set the files for download or not for the guest viewers!

Hope this helps.

Oh and hi Sabby!!

Message Edited by SquarerootZ on 05-08-2008 04:36 PM

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Well, I tried a knows 128kb MP3 file just to see - still got about 30 seconds in and errored out with Windows Media Player.  I'll see if other players can handle it...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Are you saying that you tried orb and still re-created the error? If so, since orb deals with streaming, it sounds like it might be an error with the WMP on your Mogul. You may want to do a search on www.xda-developers.com or www.ppcgeeks.com to see if maybe you can find a cab file or an install of the actual WMP prog.

Journeyman

Any luck Will? I just tweaked the settings on my Mogul's TCPMP the other day and now it plays all music files and streams from Orb. Nice!

Journeyman

just wanted to highly recommend GSPlayer. I've never had a problem playing anything with it, but its audio only. That said it's IMHO one of the best audio players you can get for WM.

The only downside is it doesnt support AVRCP (control via bluetooth headset) but it looks like some people have that fixed.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=316730

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat