cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please! Change to HTC Diamond!

Highlighted
Patron

Please! Change to HTC Diamond!

Look, Sprint got rid of the Instinct Developer's Forum. What does this mean? They don't have the huge line of apps that everyone thinks that they have! They are releasing half working firmwares! Always promising that the next will work. Face it! Sprint doesn't care a hole lot about the Instinct other wise they would hire reasonable developers that can make a working firmware and would have apps up by now because they would have had any idea that worked to get apps. The Instinct is a failed idea! An experiment gone wrong! I had a Instinct, yes I HAD one. Now I have my brand new cool, assume, shiny, WORKING HTC TOUCH DIAMOND. It has one of the best touch screens that do what you want it to do! It has Opera Browser, which happens to be the BEST mobile Web Browser for anything! It has Windows Mobile, which has 100s of app made already for it! It has TouchFlow 3D, that lets you easily go to and fro from many ready apps! Now you ask your self, Instinct or Diamond. Go check it out!

18 REPLIES 18
Patron

You want some apps for the Diamond? Here are the names of...

You want some apps for the Diamond? Here are the names of many...... Stylus Lock, Gyrator, Sensory OverLord, Lunar Tilt, G-Alarm, 3D Tunnel Hologram, G-Watch, G-Invaders, Caver

Patron

Those are only the begining of the FREE yes FREE apps tha...

Those are only the begining of the FREE yes FREE apps that I recommend! There are themes, games, apps, and more! You dream it, it has it!

Patron

Go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-cu7BvFZw and wat...

Go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY-cu7BvFZw and watch the 3 parts NOW!

Journeyman

Re: Please! Change to HTC Diamond!

It's hard to support a device when even it's own developers aren't supporting it. You're paying for an "Everything" plan whether you like it or not and as one of Sprint's flagship models, they really should have (or be) supporting it more than they are. There's simply no excuse for the poor web browser that shipped with the Instinct, especially for a phone sprint wants so much to compare to the iPhone. (Sprint, lets get one of those "instinct vs iphone" side-by-side's comparing the two browsers!)

I was all set to sell my Instinct when instead, I left it at work one day and it was gone when I went back. Nobody turned it in so I had to report it as lost/stolen.

2 weeks later (now) I bought a Diamond on craigslist for $290. A lot more, I know, but you are getting a lot more in return. First you can cancel your everything plan (if you want) and go to whatever kind of plan you prefer. No more being forced to pay for services you don't use (or in the Instinct's case - CAN'T use!) it's all up to you.

I don't agree about Opera Browser being the "best" mobile web browser though.. still got to hand that to the iPhone. It's very good though, if you want to compare the Diamond's browser (opera mobile) to the Instinct browser, it'd be like comparing Shakira to Barbara Streisand.. who do you want?

You can actually view most websites out there on the Diamond.. the way they were meant to be displayed.

And "100s of apps" I think you forgot a 0 or 2 on there! There are thousands and thousands of windows mobile apps out there.. many free. From games to gps to third party tv programs and movie players and just about any app you can imagine. I got Age of Empires and it's nearly identicle to the PC version.. everything there (you can even do a skirmish with you and 7 computer players - all in real-time - with any combination of teams) except the multiplayer. The stylus works like a mouse.

Only thing I miss about the Instinct (other than it being stolen!) is the keyboard. I think the qwerty keyboard on the Instinct was better than the one on the Diamond. (Though with the Diamond there are plenty of 3rd party keyboard apps out there.)

So definitely a +1 on disgruntled Instinct users out there.. if you can afford it, go the Diamond route! I'm sure sprint would rather see their customers go to a better phone than leave the company all together. (As some people here suggest to anyone who has constructive critism about the Instinct's lack of support.)

Patron

Sorry, SPRINT'S Website messed everything up. Just go her...

Sorry, SPRINT'S Website messed everything up. Just go here: http://rennat.webs.com/htcdiamond.htm

Patron

What? Sprint didn't get rid of the developers forum. And eh? Why switch to Windows Mobile when Android is here? Even with a 150$ discount for being with Sprint for two years you would still have to pay around 400$, so why even bother with the Diamond? Unless I can get it for free ofcourse. But I talked to Sprint, and they're not letting me trade it in.

Patron

Trust me. You will get what you paid for. I paid more tha...

Trust me. You will get what you paid for. I paid more that you would and I am HAPPY!

Journeyman

Re: Trust me. You will get what you paid for. I paid more tha...

i have to agree. i got the diamond and love it

Journeyman

Re: Trust me. You will get what you paid for. I paid more tha...

I also got rid of the Instink and got the Diamond. I love it.

Why:

Voicemail that works every day.

A web browser that works very well and displays every site I have tried to go to (so much faster too).

Email that syncs with outlook calender, contacts, todos and is a breeze to set up.

1000's of app avalible now.

Totally customizabile.

Built in IM.

The screen is true VGA so the pictures, video, graphics are just amazing.

Sprint navigation works better and images are clearer.

Large open source development following (more apps and more customization coming).

I know I am forgettings things but it is like night and day switching from the Instink.

Journeyman

My G1 will be here tues, out of the gate it will have over 40 apps to download off the phone, free to try, with many more coming. Yes it a new OS like instinct, but from what i have seen and read, its a better prepared OS.

Journeyman

Android isn't available for Sprint yet. That's why a lot of us got windows mobile phones over it. (Unless you were suggesting ditching sprint all together and going to T-Mobile?)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat