cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul for a different PDA phone

Journeyman

Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul for a different PDA phone

i think this is getting ridiculous. I'm trying to get my phone replaced and the SRO's just keep sending my in circles. Most of them obviously don't know anything about the issue and they just give you generic responses saying that my phone is broken and i should get a replacement. I finally got an e-mail from ecare from someone who knows a little, but he says that i have to wait until FEB 2008 to see any other update from HTC/Sprint. I've already waited 4 months and now, i have to wait another 3-4 just so i can have a phone with fully functional features like its supposed to have when i first bought it? ridiculous.

Journeyman

I agree, there should be a simple way to exchange the mog...

I agree, there should be a simple way to exchange the mogul. The mogul does not work as advertised. BT and the memory issues should have been fixed by now. And with the latest rom that made everything worse, Sprint should be held liable. I do not wish to wait til early 2008 for a fix. I believe I should be allowed to choose to switch to a different phone of my choice.

Journeyman

Re: I agree, there should be a simple way to exchange the mog...

I just filled out the FTC form. Unlike most, I am in favor of them just fixing the dang problems with the phone. I like the phone, but bluetooth is lousy. Typical sprint, not listening to their customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul...

I agree. Sprint needs to do the right thing here. We need functional phones and are not getting what we paid for. Sprint please make this happen!

Journeyman

Re: Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul...

I would love tohave a way to return this poor excuse for a phone. An exchange is already out of the question for me as i already bought a Centro to replace it while I was out of town for work (had to do it before I chucked the Mogul out the window of my car). Also there areonly so many times I can explain to my customers that my phone is a POS without getting a new one. I'd try calling customer service to get something done about it but I don't have that kind of time for them to just tell me to take it to a store to get itfixed. I just can't understandhow Sprint is still selling this phone with the problems that it has, let alone not doing something about it for those of us who already bought it. Maybe someone should accuse them of using lead paint on it to get it recalled...it's been working for a whole bunch of toys lately.
By the way after about 4 days with the Centro I'll never look back at the Mogul. Everything works! I mean everything, especially the bluetooth which was my biggest problem with the Mogul in the first place (other than the constant lockups). It's so nice to have a phone I can use again, I just have to get used to the teeny tiny keyboard.

Journeyman

Re: Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul for a different PDA phone

I've passed the thread, and a few others, back to pur product team so they can see first-hand what is being written.  I don't know if there is any plan to address your issues at this point or not.  Sorry I don't have more information but I will post something when I do.

Tristan

Journeyman

Re: Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul for a different PDA phone

<DIV><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Our product team is actively seeking resolution for the Mogul issues; please know that every effort is being made to resolve them as quickly as possible.  We will provide more information as soon as it is available.</SPAN></DIV> <DIV><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN> </DIV> <DIV><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Tristan<xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" ></xml:namespace><o:p></o:p></SPAN></DIV>

Journeyman

<DIV>Additonally - </DIV> <DIV><B><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN></FONT></B> </DIV> <DIV><B><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">In an effort to enhance Bluetooth performance of the Mogul by HTC, Sprint customers were provided with a software update available through HTCs website. Unfortunately despite testing by both HTC and Sprint the update has caused some unanticipated conflicts in device performance. Upon discovering this, the software was removed from HTCs support website and the prior version of the firmware was posted. Customers who downloaded the upgrade may click on the following link for instructions on how to restore their device <A title=http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html href="http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html" target=_blank><FONT title=http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html color=black><SPAN title=http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html><SPAN title=http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html style="COLOR: windowtext">http://www.america.htc.com/support/mogul/software-downloads.html</SPAN></SPAN></FONT></A></SPAN></FONT><xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" ></xml:namespace><o:p></o:p></B></DIV> <DIV> <P class=MsoNormal><B><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></B><B><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Sprint and HTC will conduct additional testing and plan to make these enhancements available to customers via HTCs support website sometime in early 2008 along with the planned EV-DO Rev. A upgrade.</SPAN></FONT></B></P> <P class=MsoNormal><B><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN></FONT></B> </P>Tristan <P class=MsoNormal><B><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"></SPAN></FONT></B> </P></DIV>

Journeyman

no luck for me either

I'm just posting to let you guys know my experience, YMMV. I posted the same over a PDAPhonehome I've been with sprint for 8+ years, I've been using a smartphone type device since the treo 300, and I paid full price for the Mogul the day it came out. My initial response from e-care was good, stating that I should call telesales and they would be happy to trade out my phone. I called telesales, who said they couldn't do it. They transferred me to regional sales, who said they couldn't do it, who transferred me to customer solutions, who also said they couldn't do it, who transferred me to retentions, who also had no interest in exchanging my phone. I replied to the e-mail and was told that I was outside my 30 days and no exchange was possible. We traded a few e-mails back and forth with no success. I went to the store, and they didn't want to honor the initial e-mail either. I'm with AT&amp;T now the tilt is pretty cool. Built in GPS, Wi-Fi, boots to 70mb of program memory, a decent built in software package. Ya'll have fun waiting for a new ROM, or good luck getting your Touch. I'm never dealing with Sprint again.

Journeyman

Re: Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul for a different PDA

Message Edited by zonyl on 11-09-2007 11:45 AM

Journeyman

Re: Post here if you would like an online way to exchange your defective mogul for a different PDA

Tristan,
Thanks for checking in on this.
For anyone with a mogul, I would not recommend waiting for this patch however, as from what I've been told, the WM6 EVDO A patch required for WM6 to support EVDO A will not be out from Microsoft until March or so. I'm not sure about other people but I can't wait another 5 months for BT to work properly.

Journeyman

Make sure e-care actually performs the swap for you. I called to get telesales to swap it as my letter from e-care promised would happen. I spoke to telesales who said I need to speak to customers services- I reaatd them the letter and they said - nope, you need to speak to customer service - I asked if I could e-mail them a copy of the letter and they said - no we can't receive external e-mails. I got transferred to customer service who can't receive e-mails either - they said I needed to speak with telesales - I said no - they can't help and they transferred me to a dead line. I called back - customer service said I needed to talk to web sales - I got transferred to roadside assistance - who couldn't transfer me back. I called again and was told I need to talk to account services - I've been on the phone for 2 hours since ecare said no problem - a web swap would have been much nicer. I'll post if I succeed. I'm just about out of kind patience - I haven't raised my voice once so far but it is EXTREMELY difficult to remain cool when you were promised something by Sprint and they can't find a department that will follow through.
Two hours - twenty minutes - many transfers - a couple of disconnects on transfer - the person in Account Services gotmy e-mail and said - let me call telesales! He put me on hold for 20 minutes and he came back to say I needed to speak with another dapartment but they are closed so he gave me a number I can call back tomorrow!

Message Edited by boe on 11-09-2007 12:52 AM

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat