Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC TOUCH PRO

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with HTC TOUCH PRO

Text and sms voice messaes comes through hours or days later. WHY? incoming calls never show the person calling. It just rings. NO ID or nothing. The yellow outlining around my time is now showing up. When I plug it in the charger..it doesn't connect until i turn the phone off and turn it back on. Who else having problems? I want to get rid of this phone now. it's just to much for mr.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Problems with HTC TOUCH PRO

@mrdby wrote:
Where can I get it from?

You can get it here.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Master

That sounds t o me like a bad phone. That many issues together means the ROM was probably flashed badly from the factory, not uncommon, and a fairly easy fix but it is pretty technical. If you feel up to it you can go take a look at the intro threads at PPCGeeks, but if not I would recommend taking it into a service and repair store to have them take a look at it. The Touch Pros were still on back order a few days ago last I checked so a replacement from telesales probably isn't possible. A store may have some in stock, I know we did for a while, but not anymore.

Definitely a bad ROM flash though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have the link?

Highlighted
Master

mrdby wrote:
Do you have the link?

Oops sorry about that, forgot to link the name. 😛

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

That's the link for how to flash a new ROM, the forum that is located in is specifically for ROM upgrades, etc. I remember seeing a link for the stock signed Sprint ROM around there somewhere but I can't find it at the moment, a little searching and reading up however and it should pop up quickly.

It really does seem more complex than it really is. As long as you are using a Stock signed ROM you don't need to unlock it or anything, you just need the ROM installer.

Stock ROM links in this thread

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just try a hard reset. It fixes many problems!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Make sure you have a backup of your contacts somewhere (via Outlook Activesync, Sprint's service, Dashwire (free)) before you do a hard reset...
Yellow outline of the clock is normal if you click the time, it displays the alarms, and will still show in yellow until you click one of the other links on the home screen or flip the clock up and back down. And it may not have started charging immediately because the phone was already hot from a call and the temperature sensor won't let it charge until it cools back down.

Message Edited by dole on 12-22-2008 11:38 AM

Highlighted
Master

@gator352 wrote:
Just try a hard reset. It fixes many problems!

Heh, reminds me of something else, "Just press CTRLALTDelete, it happens all the time."</p>

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I just got my Touch Pro a week ago and after heavy use this first week, I haven't noticed any of the problems the original poster has.

-My voicemails and text mails come through less than a minute of being sent/recorded.

-Once I set up pictures for my contacts, the pictures always show when that person calls me with the number I have for them on my contact list.

-The yellow bar around the time shows up when the clock has focus. If you spin the clock up to the calendar or Call History, the yellow bar goes away...I think the original poster was just unaware of how this works. Besides, if you don't like it, do some research and find an alternative today screen that you like and install that. That is the beauty of Windows Mobile...there are tons of developers out there building 3rd party apps and customizations.

-My phone connects to my computer as soon as I plug in the usb cable....no need to power cycle the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4 this phone to cost over 300 it sure does got alot of problems! thats whats stopping me from getting it! ill wait until Q1 Q2.

Highlighted
Master

Actually, most of the problems I've heard of realte to the Diamond, not the Touch Pro. That's not to say the phone is perfect, just not as bad as some are making it out to be.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok how do i Sve my contacts on my desktop? I want to hard reset this phone. I'm tired of it ringing and the caller id doesn't show who is calling.

Highlighted
Master

If you have Outlook installed on your computer, you can sync the contacts up with Outlook. Otherwise, download and install PIMBackup which will backup your contacts, call history, schedules, text messages, tasks, notes and speed dials. Then just restore after the Hard Reset.

--

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat