cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

Journeyman

Re: Problems with HTC Touch Pro!! UGH!!!!

My friend just got his phone replaced and he had the option of the palm pre, blackberry curve, and the hero. The tp2 may still be to new.

Journeyman

I can't use any of those on my plan. I would be tempted to upgrade if they offer me a hero!

I received a new phone yesterday. Well he said it was new but it came alone in a small box with no accessories not even a battery. So I assume it's refurbished. I'm having problems with this one too.

Journeyman

Hello I am also having the same problems with the Touch Pro. It turns off on its own the screen freezes or turns into multi colors and i sometimes do not recieve phone calls or texts until hours later. sometimes ill get a whole bunch of texts all at the same time. I took it into to the sprint store twice to have it fixed or replaced but they told me there is nothing wrong with the phone which is completely unfair because i pay the total protection plan every month and i just wish they can fix my phone or at least replace it. I have also been a sprint customer since 1997 and i always have problems with their phones and their services. maybe i should just switch to a new phone company.

Wizard

lillies86 wrote:

Hello I am also having the same problems with the Touch Pro. It turns off on its own the screen freezes or turns into multi colors and i sometimes do not recieve phone calls or texts until hours later. sometimes ill get a whole bunch of texts all at the same time. I took it into to the sprint store twice to have it fixed or replaced but they told me there is nothing wrong with the phone which is completely unfair because i pay the total protection plan every month and i just wish they can fix my phone or at least replace it. I have also been a sprint customer since 1997 and i always have problems with their phones and their services. maybe i should just switch to a new phone company.

Did you try to bring it to a Sprint repair center? That will be the best place to go with the phone.

Journeyman

You are getting the tri-color screen. This is because your phone is unlocked. This is not a problem with your phone, most likely it has a custom rom and it had a bad flash.

Wizard

travisr528 wrote:

You are getting the tri-color screen. This is because your phone is unlocked. This is not a problem with your phone, most likely it has a custom rom and it had a bad flash.

If that's the case try to search http://www.ppcgeeks.com/ forums for the original Sprint stock rom

Journeyman

I took the replacement phone back to a sprint repair center the next day. The guy ended up giving me the touch pro 2! If it wasn't for SERO I would have left a long time ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in somewhat of a similiar boat: within 1 year, I have had 2 phones, now onto my third which will arrive on Monday.  I was told by a manager over the phone that there is something called a 'well program' that states if your phone is replaced 4 times you will be offered something comprabable, brand new but you need to pay for the insurance which I do.  My issues included: software faulty, chaging inconsistent, GPS application inconsistent, and email reply issues.  On top of that, my account was hacked and my bill was $443 over what it should be...

Sigh.

Journeyman

I have had nothing but problems with my Touch Pro. i actually paid for it from Sprint and they won't help me. They previously sent me replacement phones but they all broke of no fault of mine. Faulty screens, bad batteries, random reboots, won't turn on, open the keyboard the phone turns off etc.The touch pro is a lemon of a phone and yet they still won't give me a TP 2 to replace it. I find it incredible the poor service they can give with THEIR own product....

Wizard

Since the reps in the store are not helping, my advice would be to call retention.

Most people having problem with TP have a replacement with TP2.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.