cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Microsoft Exchange Activesync and Any Mobile Plan...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Question about Microsoft Exchange Activesync and Any Mobile Plan...

I've heard two different stories on this today so I want to get clarification.

If I want to do the $69.99 450 Min. Any Mobile, Anytime plan with a Windows Mobile device like the Touch Pro 2 and I want to do full Microsoft Exchange Activesync over the air to the device (for over the air synchronization of contacts, calendar, email, etc.) is there an add-on fee?

I've been told today that it is included but then a customer service rep told me it is a $20 additional charge.

Can anyone clarify this?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Question about Microsoft Exchange Activesync and Any Mobile Plan...

According to Sprint's web site it included unlimited data which would be exchange sync  if only they offered an HD2 so you could read your e-mail on a nice big display!

Introducing Any Mobile, Anytime, forget about restrictive calling circles. Our Everything Data plans give you unlimited data, messages and calls to any mobile, anytime while on the Sprint Network. That’s access to over 250 million U.S. mobile phones nationwide.

This plan includes

• Any Mobile, Anytime: Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S. mobile phone regardless of carrier. Any network, any time.
  • Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
  • Unlimited Direct Connect: Direct Connect and Group Connect (for capable phones)
  • Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
  • Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
  • More about what's included in this plan

Anytime MinutesMonthly PriceAdditional Anytime Minutes
450$69.9945¢/min

Journeyman

Yea, that's what I was looking at but in the detail description it talks about using OWA or a desktop redirector, not direct connect to Exchange for full sync.

Wizard

Many are using EAS on various devices. I have it on the Pre. The Everything Data will work with no add on

Journeyman

JLEW - don't worry - data is data as far as OWA, OMA, pop, imap or activsync or browsing the web or even using remote desktop.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Correct - bits is bits.  You're not on the Big Red V anymore.

The $20 add on was an ancient addon when we first came out with Windows Mobile smartphones. (wow - that was *years* ago) The Everything Data plans really cover all data.  Mail.  Calendar.  Notes. ToDo items.  They're all just bits.  Pictures, webpages, music.  Apps, games, movies, streaming radio from KLIV-AM.  Just bits.

Message was edited by: wengla02

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Sprint Product Ambassador

Oh, side note - you are going to *love* the TP2.  That is one smokin nice phone.  Big, fast, bright.  No need for a netbook with one of those.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Master

The $20 charge you may have been quoted earlier could have been regarding Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) on the Blackberry devices. That is currently still a $20 add-on if you require it, but that is only if your company is using a BES server and you are getting a Blackberry. Otherwise the Everything Data plans cover every other device including Windows Mobile, and Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) for all other Blackberry users.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat