ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ACE and Office Mobile 6.0

Journeyman

Samsung ACE and Office Mobile 6.0

did you guys notice that on the press release state the Samsung Ace come with Office Mobile 6.0? that is the very reason i bought the phone... yet i discover now there is no Office Mobile at all in the new samsung Ace... any one from Sprint care to comment???

9 REPLIES 9
Wizard

Re: Samsung ACE and Office Mobile 6.0

<blockquote><hr>madmanzero wrote:<br>did you guys notice that on the press release state the Samsung Ace come with Office Mobile 6.0? that is the very reason i bought the phone... yet i discover now there is no Office Mobile at all in the new samsung Ace... any one from Sprint care to comment???<br><hr></blockquote><br><br>I am not from Sprint...but the press release does not say that the phone comes with Office Mobile, just that you can view Office Mobile files, then clarifies that this uses the File Viewer. If the very reason you bought the phone was for the Office Mobile applications, and not the "World Phone" capabilities, consider returning it for a WM6 Professional device.<br><br><br><blockquote><hr><hr>Globe<br>OVERLAND PARK, Kan., &amp; DALLAS (BUSINESS WIRE) Feb. 18, 2008 Offering customers the ability to stay connected through voice calls, email, and Web browsing around the globe, Sprint (NYSE:S) and Samsung Mobile today announced the upcoming availability of the Samsung Ace(TM), a sleek, stylish and commanding smartphone powered by the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network and Windows Mobile 6.<br>...<br>View Documents - The Samsung ACE(TM) allows customers to view documents and files on the phone with Microsoft Office Word, Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office PowerPoint.<br>...<br>The Ace assists people in keeping track of contacts and schedules through Outlook Mobile, browsing the Web using Internet Explorer Mobile and viewing Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using File Viewer.<br>...<hr><hr></blockquote><br><br>edit: Apparently, Office Mobile can now be purchased from the Microsoft website (actually, I think they refer you to Handango) for use on Windows Mobile 6 Standard devices.<br><blockquote><hr>A: The latest version of Microsoft Office Mobile is designed to work on:<br>* Windows Mobile 5.0 with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (build numbers higher than 14847)<br>* Windows Mobile 6 non-touch screen devices<br>* Windows Mobile 6 touch screen devices<hr><br><a target="_blank" href="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/software/officemobile/upgrade.mspx">http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/software/officemobile/upgrade.mspx</a><br><hr></blockquote><br><br>Message Edited by bakntyme on <span class="date_text">03-04-2008</span> <span class="time_text">05:04 PM</span>

Highlighted
Journeyman

<div>I'm not Sprint nor an Ace owner, but I'd have to say that the press release is a little misleading. I'd be returning that too if that's the case.</div><div></div><div>Misleading enough for CNET to get it wrong... but that's not saying much :)</div><div></div><div><em>"The Samsung Ace is a Windows Mobile 6 device, running the Standard Edition with the full Microsoft Office Mobile Suite and Windows Live integration" </em>- CNET</div><div><a target="_blank" href="http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-ace-sph-i325/4505-6452_7-32863037.html?tag=prod.txt.1">http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/samsung-ace-sph-i325/4505-6452_7-32863037.html?tag=prod.txt.1</a></div><div></div><div></div><div></div><div></div>

Journeyman

hater,
do you have the phone? it won't evenopen ANY MS Office file. why don't you just go back to your cubicle and stop trolling the forum?

I am not from Sprint...but the press release does not say that the phone comes with Office Mobile, just that you can view Office Mobile files, then clarifies that this uses the File Viewer. If the very reason you bought the phone was for the Office Mobile applications, and not the "World Phone" capabilities, consider returning it for a WM6 Professional device.

Message Edited by madmanzero on 03-04-2008 07:28 PM

Journeyman

Sadly it doesn't take much for CNET to get something wrong in a review. As far as MS office documents, I've always had limited luck with non-touch screen devices. I use a lot of excel files, and it seems like if you add the wrong feature to a speadsheet, it no longer displays accurately. I've had much better luck with the 6700, Mogul, and Touch. I recommend the switch if you need MS office, because sometimes Viewer just doesn't cut it.

Wizard

@madmanzero wrote:
hater,
do you have the phone? it won't even open ANY MS Office file. why don't you just go back to your cubicle and stop trolling the forum?

Message Edited by madmanzero on 03-04-2008 07:28 PM

My mistake, I thought you were looking for help. But after rereading the original post in this thread along with this quoted one, I see that is not your goal...if it were, you would not have attempted to goad Sprint nor posted this tirade...

Message Edited by bakntyme on 03-05-2008 02:36 AM

Journeyman

well yeah i know the limitation, but is good to do some minor edit and regular viewing.
right now, i can't even view or edit any word document which is a pain.
the point is the product is not meeting the press release, as a viewer... or as review, as a client.
wonder if any other Ace users run into the same problem?

Journeyman

the world does not evolve around bakntyme! what am i going to do?
got a mesg from sprint rep, sprint offer to buy me a MS Office Mobile 6.1 for me because of the press release mistake. they will fix the misinformation on the viewer as well.
everybody but bakntyme, if you run into this situation, please point this attention Customer service, they will take care of this problem.
now only if MMS can be fix this fast ...

Wizard

@madmanzero wrote:
the world does not evolve around bakntyme! what am i going to do?
got a mesg from sprint rep, sprint offer to buy me a MS Office Mobile 6.1 for me because of the press release mistake. they will fix the misinformation on the viewer as well.
everybody but bakntyme, if you run into this situation, please point this attention Customer service, they will take care of this problem.
now only if MMS can be fix this fast ...

No, but apparently it did evolve around you. If you want to try to catch up to the rest of humanity, talk to your guidance counselor or parole officer about ways to control your temper and respond to other people without just sounding petty.

Journeyman

what temper? you mean temper like yours?
well at least i don't have to talk to Sprint HR or a psychologist for meds. Look at who is making this personal?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat