cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Answered. Will Sprint?

Journeyman

Samsung Answered. Will Sprint?

I emailed Samsung in regards to the Ativ S since I've been waiting forever. The response I got

"Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your E-Mail, we understand you want to know the release date of ATIV S device through Sprint Carrier.

We understand your requirement but we are sorry to inform you that, we do not have information on when the device will be available. We are unable to speculate when the device might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. However, once the device is released, it will be notified on the Samsung web site and you can purchase through the Carrier. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to write back to us if you have any queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Samsung values you as a customer and want to ensure that we have provided you with the answer you were looking for. If for any reason the information we provided did not resolve your issue, we have various contact channels that are available to assist in resolving your concern."

So I don't know. Doesn't sound like Sprint is getting the Ativ S anytime soon and we are stuck with the Tiara if we stay. How are you reading this?

Sprint any generic response? You said by summer 2013. It's mid June

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Answered. Will Sprint?

I wouldn't worry about that email. Nokia did the same thing a week before the 928 released. I don't understand the whole secretive bs, especially when we already know. I am going to wait until the 20th for a formal Samsung announcement, if there is not one with a solid date...then I will give android a try with a GS3. My wife just got one, and we get 4g at my house which is nice. But I would prefer to stay on wp. The duct tape on my arrive is holding surprisingly well.

Journeyman

Uuuuuuuu summer isn't until June 21st.  So they have until then and they said early summer not the start of summer.

Journeyman

I'm having trouble with my Android phone, but I'm holding out till I can get a Windows 8 Phone.  In order to make the phone limp along till either, Sprint gets a Windows 8 phone or August 1st when enough other family members are no longer under contract and we can move to Verizon, I went to the Sprint repair center to see if they could do anything for the phone.  They suggested that I upgrade my phone and I told them what I was waiting for.  They said that it might be a while for Sprint because one of the phones they were looking at couldn't be made to work on Sprint's network so they had to start over again.  Face to palm!  Why doesn't Sprint let US know what's going on instead of stringing us along trying to squeeze the last $ out of us that they can before we get pissed off and move carriers.

ALPHAX they said by Summer 2013.

Journeyman

@WINGNUTO, that's even worse than by early summer.  By summer can mean Sept. 20th, that's by summer.  If they had said by earlier summer you would know it wouldn't be later than July, now who knows when it will show up.  By summer is anytime as long as it is still summer 2013.  I've already made my decision to leave Sprint, because I don't see why Sprint would change this pattern of disrespect.  Why, would they?  They have no reason to if we keep putting up with it.  Personally I think they are waiting until a certain point when the most WP users are eligible for a new phone and they can maximize their profit by selling them phones at the intro price and not a reduced price later after it has been on the market for a while.  I am done dealing with that and paying top dollar for phones that are not worth the top dollar price.  Can and can't wait til December, cause I hate the cold.

The same reason I left AT&T about 15yrs ago is the same reason I will be going back.  Sprint is not getting the latest phones.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat