cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Ativ S. Neo....coming August 16

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Ativ S. Neo....coming August 16

After going around to normal (?) Sprint stores and not finding the phone, I tried calling the closest "Corporate" location. They told me they didn't get anything in. The rep on the phone had to "go check if they even got anything", and then came back with "looks like it was delayed."

I cannot. Stop. Raging. I just want my phone. Is that too much to ask? My faith in Sprint just crumbles every day.

Journeyman

My Sprint Samsung ATIV S Neo Adventures by Finally_Windows...

So, no luck in getting my phone today (launch day).  Did anyone have any luck?

The Sprint store had ordered 2, but they never came in with the UPS order today.

So, I went there today, because the Sprint store said they could order it for me.

It took him a while to find the model number, but then it wasn't listed in both systems where he can order from.  So, no luck there.  He called the person that trained him.  They were no help either.

So, then I went h ome and called the number on the Sprint Shopping website.  The person on the other end was hard to hear, so I told him to speak up.  I could hear all the other tele-workers in the background.  He took my number and said hold while he checked for the phone.  After some silence, the line was disconnected.  Honestly, you can't make this stuff up!

I want to see the phone before I buy it, so I will just be patient until the store can get them in.  Hopefully sometime next week.

Just another kick in the @$$

Very disapointed in Sprint.

Journeyman

Not gonna happen...multiple people are reporting these phones are direct ship only and they won't have a display to look at in the stores.

Meanwhile, the front page of the Sprint site is advertising the upcoming MotoX, which has no release date.

It would be funny if it was not tragic.

Journeyman

After going to two stores and calling another two I said flub it and ordered one. Says 2 to 5 days so we'll see.  I just don't understand what is wrong with these people.

Journeyman

You know it is coming...

***************Press Release******************************

SPRINT announces Samsung Ativ S EOL.

8-16-2013

Noting that sales of the newly released Samsung Ativ S Neo phone has failed to meet expectations, VP of Marketing Joshua P Snodgrass has announced the End of Life for the device.

"It just didn't sell well, what can you say?"

"We were hesitant to carry Windows Phones to begin with but people were harassing us on message boards so we said, what the heck, let's give it another try."

In store sales for the device launch were an unsurprising 0, Snodgrass said. "Not one. Didn't sell a single phone. can you believe it."

Sprint intends to sell its remaining inventory and has announced a special trade in your Windows Phone for a new Iphone and get $3 off any Iphone 5. or $1 off an Iphone 5s or 5c.

"We released some fresh phones and the Windows Phone just isn't popular," he concluded.  "We told you so."

Journeyman

Why are you buying one then?  There are much better windows 8 phones available everywhere but Sprint.

Journeyman

What else is there??? Oh you mean Lumia's right? No thanks Nokia doesn't do it for me.

Journeyman

Like a lot of you, I too was hoping for an honest launch of the Ativ Neo, and stopped in early to my local Sprint store. I too was disappointed with the uninspiring commitment to this phone, and WP OS in general. (I have had the Arrive for well over 2.5 years, and the Ativ will be my 4th WP) I too was given double-speak by the telephone sales people. Ordered and shipped form the web site, with the $ -50 already included.... Except I have to wait another few days. I guess when Sprint says available in Sprint stores, it probably means available on-line in Sprint Stores.

Quite frankly, I am all right with getting the phone in the mail, and setting it up myself. Most of the nice Sprint people in the stores were probably not born, when I had my first Windows Phone (I think is was a Samsung too...)

I left US Cellular because they were always late to the technological party. I heard from a Microsoft person in the know (LAST NOVEMBER), that this Galaxy "clone" was going to show up... US Cellular has nothing on Sprint. If it was not for my business partner and family members who are sold on crapdroid (the next greatest attack platform), I would be on ATT in a heartbeat (Can you say Lumia 1020.)

Bottom line is I don't know who to blame - Microsoft, Samsung, Nokia, HTC or Sprint themselves, but Sprint's lackadaisical response to WP 7 and WP 8 is mystifying. Someone needs to train and\or spiff these sales folks, who are the front line troops - remedial retail 101.

And if I hear one more complaint about the lack of Apps on WP 7.5 and WP 8.... my head is going to explode. Most of the popular and critical apps are already on WP8. If it is not, it either will be - soon or it's really unimportant and trivial anyway. My Arrive is loaded with good quality apps that I don't even use.....So that line, for me, is a copout.

Patrick

Microsoft user and Crapple hater

PS Can't wait until I see the UPS guy on Tuesday 

Journeyman

How did you get the -$50 without waiting for the rebate?

Journeyman

I was fortunate that I was able to get mine on Friday from a Sprint store.  But given the store was on Microsoft's campus, I am willing to bet that helped matters.  But they didn't have them in stock early, they were waiting for their shipment to arrive as well.  Overall, solid phone but not a ton of bells and whistles.  Given that its basically a clone of the G3 and my wife has a G3, not much surprising in looks / feel.  I do enjoy the new OS, coming off of Crackberry.

That being said, the big fail for the day - I was in a hurry and the rep filled out my mail in rebate form, and I left.  The fail - she used someone elses name on the form (probably previous customer and selected the wrong thing) so now I have to figure out how to get the new form.

Journeyman

I saw on another forum that you can have the phone ordered through a Sprint store via your account and shipped to the store for you to pick up.  They bill your account so you don't even need to provide your credit card number.  You just need to provide the SKU SPHi800.  Because the Sprint Store by me was trying to order though the model number and it was not showing up in the system.  I think he said 3-5 days delivery.  Or you can get it overnight for an extra $12.  Supposedly, it will be ready for me to pick up at the Sprint Store Tuesday the 20th, so fingers crossed.  Good luck to everyone else too!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat