cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sick of Android, not interested in iPhone, want a good Windows phone

Journeyman

Sick of Android, not interested in iPhone, want a good Windows phone

We need a high end Windows phone. I love Sprint and want to stay but I am sick of Android after this Nexus S upgrade and tethering fiasco and I am just not interested in the iPhone. Please get us a good Windows phone!

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
Wizard

Re: Sick of Android, not interested in iPhone, want a good Windows phone

I'd like to use a Windows phone for a while myself, particularly if it comes with ZunePass. I have ZunePass for my Zune player, and it's fantastic. I've been pretty happy with Android so far, but I like to shake things up every now and then.

Journeyman

I agree. I haven't signed a Sprint contract in over two years but I have remained faithful. I thought the Windows lineup would increase. Ooops. I'm bummed.

Wizard

More Windows Phone stuff will come, I'm sure. I'm holding out to see what iPhone 5 looks like. If it has some outrageous features, like maybe mind-reading and time travel, or maybe if there is an iPhone 5 Dr. Who edition... Nah, who am I kidding? I want to see what MS will do with WP and ZunePass before I jump all the way in, and I want to be sure MS is really committed this time. Anybody remember WinMo 6? Kin? I can wait a few more months.

Journeyman

Have you seen this article http://www.neowin.net/news/nokia-paying-for-att-store-employees-to-use-lumia-900 I'm telling you MS is really ramping up!

I NEED Sprint to read this story! I do not want to wait until next year. That's bologna! They have one MS model (not counting that weird international thing). Ridiculous at this point... unless they have a contract with Apple that says they can't sell MS phones... if they have that I wish they'd speak up in this forum so I could just get over it.

I am one step from ATT these days. I have no contract.

Journeyman

Well i've officially had it with Sprint...  Absolutely no support the for WP platform.  Terrible 3G speeds anywhere I go...  So on that note, i'm holding true to my words from a few months back.  I'm changing carriers.

I'm taking advantage of ATT's free Nokia 900 deal for new customers, and i'm using the money saved to pay my ETF at Sprint.  So long Sprint, I hope you realize you are bleeding customers because you refuse to listen to the ones you have.

Wizard

You're such a drama queen, Ryan. You won't save a nickel with ATT, so don't start shopping for a big screen just yet. Sprint isn't bleeding customers anymore, but if they were, it wouldn't be for people jumping ship to get a Windows Phone. Demand just isn't there yet, which is too bad. I hope Microsoft is as good at keeping their word as you are, and they invest some serious coin rebuilding the brand. Maybe then Verizon and Sprint would be willing to get behind Microsoft devices like in the old days. But after Microsoft burned the industry more than once, who can blame carriers for taking a wait and see approach?

Journeyman

As much as I want a Windows phone, I have to agree with Mavka......... You will not save anything going with A*&T. They have the worst pricing I have seen yet. The rates they charge are insulting. They have some really sweet phones though........

Journeyman

Who said anything about saving money on a monthly plan?  I simply said i'll use the free 900 incentive to jump now and pay out the ETF.  Also, I'm not in college...  I'm not trying to eat Raman noodles just to get by (which is what I see sprints service as).  The fact of the matter is that Sprints 3G service pretty much negates any value to an unlimited data plan anyway.  It's so slow it's ridiculous.  They are just now realizing WiMax was a terrible idea and abandoning that...  Which means we won't see anything faster than their overloaded 3G network until LTE is running (not anytime soon unless you are in a select major metro area).  On top of that they aren't getting any new WP7 phones...  They aren't even getting any decent Android phones.  The Galaxy Nexus looked promising...  Still waiting.  By the time sprint actually gets it, it'll have been out on Verizon for 6 months.  That's a long time in the phone market.

So overall, yes i'm going to pay more.  However I'm going to get far better service with hardware that I actually want.  That $10 or even $20/month premium is worth it if you ask me.  I'm sick of waiting around for Sprint to pull their collective heads out of their rears.  The iPhone may have brought them some subscribers, but it doesn't appear that Sprint will be first to get any of the new revisions, which means those same subscribers are going to jump back to ATT/Verizon on the next release as Sprint waits 6-12 months to get the same phones... 

So go ahead and stand up for Sprint like it benefits you...  I'm here expressing my genuine concerns in hopes that they change in the future.  You apparently are perfectly fine with mediocre phones and terrible data rates, i am not.

Wizard

U mad bro? You said something about saving money, but maybe you didn't mean it. You know the story behind any phone that's free, right? Sprint added a net half-million new iPhone subscribers in 4Q11. If they did that with their heads up their rears, I'd say they should keep them right where they are. Had Sprint spent two nickels or ten million on a Windows Phone campaign, the results would have been the same. Weak, because people still don't trust or even know about M$ after the crap they've pulled in mobile. As for WiMax being a bad idea, well it was the only idea for a few years there, and it's been great for those of us in coverage. Your coverage seems to be your big problem, so I wish you well. I hope you find the phone of your dreams out there somewhere, but be careful not to watch any movies on them (data overage, bro). I plan to get a Windows Phone myself later this year, when Sprint announces those dozen new LTE devices they talked about back in January. Sweet!

Journeyman

I'm honestly very excited about the next few months for phones! As far as Windows Phone 7 goes, though, there is just almost no support for the platform. It isn't a Microsoft issue, nor a Sprint one; the platform itself just isn't exploding like it was expected. I love the interface, the fluidity, Metro styling, but any application lacking platform just won't be able to compete. Sooner or later, there will be that one device that changes it for them [i.e. the OG Droid], and Windows Phone will get huge. Plus, 8 is on the horizon, and as long as Microsoft keeps pushing the developers to give their platform a jump start, then I'm sure it'll get there soon enough.

When it comes to WiMax, I agree that it was a sort of stop gap technology, but as mavka said, it was the only thing available at the time, so the company jumped on it. Support for it has been nice, but with network technology evolving more rapidly than expected, and LTE becoming so huge, it's obvious that a change needed to happen. WiMax won't disappear, because people use it. Thing is, simple 3G is fine for most, and a good 50% of the people I interact with are very scarcely aware of what 4G technologies even exist and are capable of.

The Lumia 9000 is a sick phone. Definitely engineered to a tee, and completely gorgeous. I just can't stick with the thought of investing in an ecosystem with lacking developer support. Keep in mind that a phone isn't just a phone, or a piece of hardware anymore. The software accompanying the device is what links in with every part of your social life, ways you communicate, and how you store, send, and recieve information. That application ecosystem is why Google stays up front in my book, and having a Nexus that will always get the newest version of Android pushed out to it is just pure incentive.A pure Google experience has always been the only way to go in my opinion. But with the thought of an LTE capable EVO, with super LCD technology, and a dual-core processor, topped off with Beats audio, I may just have to explore the market more.

Either way, I hope you decide to stay with us, and keep that crispy unlimited data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mavka wrote:

U mad bro? You said something about saving money, but maybe you didn't mean it. You know the story behind any phone that's free, right? Sprint added a net half-million new iPhone subscribers in 4Q11. If they did that with their heads up their rears, I'd say they should keep them right where they are. Had Sprint spent two nickels or ten million on a Windows Phone campaign, the results would have been the same. Weak, because people still don't trust or even know about M$ after the **** they've pulled in mobile. As for WiMax being a bad idea, well it was the only idea for a few years there, and it's been great for those of us in coverage. Your coverage seems to be your big problem, so I wish you well. I hope you find the phone of your dreams out there somewhere, but be careful not to watch any movies on them (data overage, bro). I plan to get a Windows Phone myself later this year, when Sprint announces those dozen new LTE devices they talked about back in January. Sweet!

Maybe you should re-read his post. He said he's using the money he saved being on Sprint to pay the ETF and move to ATT.  He didn't say anything about saving money on ATT.

Also even though Sprint may have added half a million new iPhone subscribers they aren't out of the woods by a long shot in the debt they just made for themselves by spending that $20 billion gamble.  Money that could've possibly gone to more fruitful endeavors like securing their infrastructure.

As for people not trusting MS and what they did for mobile. Seriously?  The majority of people had flip and feature phones during the time that Windows Mobile was out.  Prior to the iPhone launching in 2007 no one in the majority even knew what a smartphone was capable of or even cared, and I doubt that's because they knew how terrible Windows Mobile was.  Bullsh!t.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat