cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Definitely signing this petition and trying to remain hopeful.

Sadly, like someone above said, I think Sprint really screwed themselves with the iPhone deal and they don't have enough monies to buy cool phones outside of the standard Androids.

If Sprint gets some Window Phone 8 handsets please include the Ativ S and the Lumia 920.  If you only get one, please don't go with HTC go with Samsung.  HTC really sucked at supporting the Arrive.

Journeyman

I agree completely with you too. As a wireless company, Sprint should invest in Windows Phone to give their subscribers more choices than an iPhone or an Android phone, and plus now that Apple won the patent lawsuit with Samsung then Sprint should look even more at Windows Phone.

I too would like to stick with Sprint, however, I may change to T-Mobile, AT&T or even Verizon if Sprint lacks the Lumia this fall.

iknowsingh wrote:

Another signature here for Windows Phone 8 devices on Sprint! I loved the phone Samsung announced earlier this week (ATIV S) and am excited to see what HTC and Nokia have to offer this coming week. I've had the Arrive since a week after it's release and while it is still a nice, dependable phone... it pales in comparison to all of the new devices being shown.

I'd love to stay with Sprint, but if they show no support THIS FALL for Windows Phone, I'm gone. I'm willing to give them until December at the very latest. I do not want to hear they'll be supporting Windows Phone sometime in 2013, as I simply cannot wait until then. My contract runs up in October and while Sprint's pricing works for me, their lack of Windows Phone support is pushing me away after having been happy for the past 6 years.

I'd like to hear something soon, Sprint. If I don't, I will most likely move to AT&T or possibly T-Mobile. I have to be where Windows Phone is supported... and that place right now definitely isn't Sprint.

I agree with you completely.

Blingatrix wrote:

I am done with android operating systems.

Journeyman

Another signature here for Windows Phone 8 devices on Sprint! No Threats needed.

Journeyman

I've had Sprint for a long time, but always Windows phones.  I'm glad to stick with them and expect that they will offer at least some variety in Windows Phone 8 devices.

Journeyman

Time has changed...I used to be Windows guy, had Windows Mobile but after Android (before being bought out by Google) started to become like iOS with its smooth transition and really kicked up a notch I can see why people are hesitant to even touch anything Windows related nowadays.

And from a business perspective why would Sprint carry them when there are numbers that speak louder than words when it comes to the type of device customers want out there.  Most aren't looking for Windows-based phone any longer nor there's enough demand.  In that sense Sprint isn't at fault here either.  They're going to offer and sell what's in demand.  Not just few people who are wanting Windows based phones.

As much as I do think they should offer them I can see why Sprint isn't offering a wide selection either.

Journeyman

PKNipper

Really WindowsPhone 7.5 has only been out less than a year with no support form Sprint and very little push from microsoft. IOS only accounts for about 6% total share of the mobile market and 20% of the smartphone Market. I suspect Microsoft will ramp up pushing and advertising Windows Phone since they are going to be using the same platform across PC, Tablet and Phone.. It won't take much of an increase in sales for Microsoft to approach IOS numbers. Truth is I deal with an IOS business phone and the Windows Phone is simply just a better phone. To say numbers speak louder is a little deceptive as WP really is just coming into its on. The rationale you use is why Sprint waited so long to carry IOS.  Microsoft is going to be the dominate computer software for  years to come and WP is now easily integrated into that Eco system. I just would think Sprint would support a device or two.

Journeyman

Here's the actual WP8 thread, which also includes the link to the petition weblink that is forwarded directly to Sprint's Board of Directors.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98162

Journeyman

Count me in.  I've been a Sprint customer for 12 years.  I am due for an update on Nov 1 and unless a high-end Windows Phone 8 device is available I may be taking my family plan to AT&T or Verizon.  How many Android phone models does Sprint need to carry?  According to sprint.com they carry 17 Android devices!!  Its just rediculous.  I will say that I am a fan of both Apple and Android (I currently own 2 Android devices and 1 iPhone) but not having the option to purchase a Windows Phone 8 device is unacceptable.

Journeyman

I support the effort to bring Windows 8 phones to Sprint but I can not sign that petition since it is supportive of MoveOn.org as well as authorizes them to spam anyone who signs it..  I just can't support such an ideologically bent organization like that under any circumstances.. I'd go back to a feature phone before I support anything even remotely affiliated with MoveOn.org.

Find another place for the petition and I'll gladly sign it.

Bryan

Journeyman

I signed it with an account I do not care if it is spammed.  So no worries for me since it is not an important email address for me.

Journeyman

I agree with the previous poster: I support this cause, but I will NOT sign a petition on a website that has ANYTHING to do with George Soros and  (can't)MoveOn.org!

Journeyman

Don't bother signing the petition. Sprint's executives are too busy gagging on Android & Apple d^*k to notice. Your best way to protest Spint's decision to not support Windows Phone is with your wallet which is what I plan on doing soon as my contract ends in March 2013. T-mobile now offers an unlimited data plan, by then theyll have a good selection of WP available. http://deals.t-mobile.com/unlimited-data-plan

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat