cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Journeyman

Re: Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Sign me up too!!  Windows phone OS is the only way to fly.

Journeyman

@Jeff -

Been there done that...My wife has had the arrive now for almost a year.  She has had zero issues with it.  Me I've been holding my breath that Sprint would have some more offerings.  Now Windows 8 is around the corner and there will most likely be a new breed of phones I was thinking hold on just a little longer...nope, I have no faith in the direction our carrier is headed...

Looking at other carrier's plans, well there just are no unlimited data plans like Sprint has or I would have jumped.  So I says to myself, self just get the HTC Arrive. So I went looking in San Dag.  I hit a couple of close sprint stores...none in stock.  Sales people were well versed in iSpeak and droid but nothing else...  I went to the downtown corp store...nope no Arrives.  The corp store calls around and finds two at a little shop.  I got one of the last two in this big ol city I live in.  It is quite alarming.

Now that I have the Arrive Holy Moses I don't know why I held out...it is crazy good.

Journeyman

Count me in. My contract is up in May, but I am holding out for the next generation of Windows phones (WP8?) which, it is said, will offer more flexible hardware requirements and will allow of external store cards. As a current Zune HD 64 user, this is essential to me so that I will have room in the phone for my Zune subscription files. HD FM would also be a niceity - I have been spoiled by my Zune player for this.

Having said all of this, if Sprint doesn't expand it's selection when the new O/S, I will be forced to look elsewhere - either T-Mobile or ATT, I imagine.

Journeyman

+1

Actually, +4

Journeyman

Journeyman

Yes Please!  More Windows Phones

Wizard

I get everyone's point, but what if one of the posters is right and it's Microsoft (or Nokia) that has no love for Sprint? As noted, there is only one other phone on a CDMA network, Verizon, and it's basically the same WP phone on Sprint without the keyboard. Shouldn't there also be a petition to Microsoft to make the software more CDMA friendly, or one to Nokia, to make phones for the CDMA market?

Journeyman

Please bring more WP7 (and WP8 in the future) to Sprint. I got my Arrive a month before it was released to test it for Sprint and have been incredibly pleased ever since. I would love an upgrade. I will not switch to IOS or Android and will keep my Arrive until it dies. Hopefully Sprint doesnt force my hand and lose me to another carrier.

Journeyman

@spinaway

Sprint needs to request for a phone maker to make a phone.  Most of the time it is taking an existing design and making the phone meet the radio specifications for the Sprint Network.  But no phone maker is going to make a phone for Sprint or any other carrier in the US (US cell phone market is unique compared to most the rest of the world) if the carrier has not requested it.  So basically, it is all in the carrier's hands as far as what phones they sell on their network.  It would be different if there were no CDMA WP7 phones, then you might be able to also blame the phone maker, but since there already are, it is not a limitation of cell phone maker at this time, but the carrier (just like iPhone did not support CDMA, so neither Sprint or Verizon could have one till Apple made a CDMA version).

Plus, I know Microsoft and Nokia are courting every carrier they can, thus we know that a new WP are on the way in August/September timeframe (from the inside rumors I have heard, I am thinking we will see 2 in that timeframe, one being a Nokia with 4in screen, S4 dual core Snapdragon with LTE, 800x480 px screen, and slide out keyboard).

Journeyman

I've been waiting forever also.  In fact, I started looking on AT&Ts site for their Windows Phone offerings.  After being with Sprint for 10+ years I'm forced to consider a move to a worse carrier to get a better smartphone. 

(Epic 4G with Gingerbread)

Journeyman

Signed...it is a shame, I've been with Sprint since the first Sony phone with the slide up earpiece. I've always said I would never leave Sprint, but now I don't know how much longer I can stand this.

Journeyman

I've yet to play around with any new phone with Windows mobile on it but reminds me of my old HTC Mogul.  I wonder how the new O/S compare to the Android?  To me, it makes no business sense to bring phones that aren't exactly popular by larger audience.  There are many rumors out there many sales reps in all carriers could care less of these WinMo devices and they are all heavily pushing Android and iOS phones.  I mean, why not?  Variety is indeed nice but right now I don't think WinMo has much chance.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat