cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Journeyman

Re: Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

im moving to tmobile as soon as they come out with thier nokia windows 8 phone.. hopefully it will be a top of the line one. but if not im sure they will get a high class htc or samsung.. i have waited enough on sprint with my arrive that i broke the other day by accident =( i cant wait to move honestly.. and tmobile has started offering a new unlimited plan now that has LTE or 4G, they openly say they want all of sprints buisness and the way they are headed they will have mine 😃

Journeyman

I too would like to see a Windows Phone..  Been considering jumping ship to Verizon because of the superior coverage in my area and significantly better phone selection.   I'm on my 1st Android phone (1 yr) and I'm so frustrated with the loss of functionality that came with Android 4.0 update on my phone that I'm not interested in staying with Android. Microsoft's products and services look better and better every day when compared to Google's, especially considering the account and data sync with Windows 8. 

I'm not interested in an iphone at all as they are too dull, boring, heavy, fragile, and all of them are alike.. not to mention having to install the dreadful iTunes on my computer..   

C'mon Sprint..  Bring us some Windows Phones when they're released ..

Bryan

Journeyman

Consider me signed, too!  I've been a Sprint customer for 5 years and once I got past the initial RAZR, I've been a Windows Phone user ever since.  Sprint would be complete morons not to get a top of the line Windows 8 phone and they are already idiots for not getting all the Windows Phone 7 updates we should be getting, too.  Consider me a former Sprint customer if they don't get Windows Phone 8 ASAP!

Journeyman

Well, with Windows Phone 8 being formerly announced tomorrow by Microsoft & Nokia, I think Sprint being the only major US carrier w/o plans to launch WP8 is just plain insane and embarrasing!  We all understand you still need to make good with your investors on the iPhone deal and that is fine, but as far as I can tell... the ONLY reason you wouldn't be joining the launch of WP8 with every other carrier is because you're too afraid it will reduce your new iPhone activations (lose lots of money).  I'm tired of hearing all of you over there at Sprint saying "We just want to wait and see how WP8 does before bringing out a phone".  That is a bunch of crap and you all know it 110%!  You screwed up with the Apple deal and now you need to prevent yourselves from further screwing up with not carrying anymore than the POS HTC Arrive phone.

Get your head on straight Dan Hesse!!!

Journeyman

With Windows 8 coming out and the huge push microsoft is making to have a whole ecosystem on the devices syncing together it would be a fantastic device for sprint to carry. To potentialy offer a Win 8 phone like the Samsung ATIV S or a Nokia 920 then to pair it up with a Win 8 Tablet with a sprint cell chip inside would be a easy selling tool and would work great! Plus think of all the potential customer switching to sprint who have ATT or Verizon on the Win 7 platforms that would love to have unlimited data on a device similar to their Nokia 900 or HTC Titan. The arrive didn't sell the greatest because it was a slider phone which in todays environment is not what most customers want. They like a sleek and sexy design to their device. Bring us Win 8 devices so we can flex our muscles against the others! So this is me signing the petition!

Journeyman

Well .. September 5th has arrived. And with the continued deafening silence from Sprint, I am making preparations to move our entire organization's phones over to another carrier. So Sprint, congrats on your solid marriage with the aging iThing platform. Next week, they will introduce the "new" iThing/57 .. same as the old iThing. Same boring, 6 year old interface. I'm sure they'll introduce some new gadget that will get all of "the cool kids with soul patches" peeing themselves (last year was the underwhelming "Siri" which is fun to ask one or two times where to bury your nuclear waste, but then quickly gets old .. just like the pet rock or the Furby). Meanwhile, today's announcement of the Nokia 920 is breathtaking! Wireless charging. Pureview camera. Super fast user friendly "all at one glance" interface. Other cool new features. A new interface that will be shared by inexpensive WIN8 tablets and computers. Sign me up!

Thus, I am beginning the process of leaving Sprint after 12 years. The follow-from-behind is NOT doing you favors Sprint. You were the last to arrive at the iThing party (by 6 years), and by then it was old in the tooth and still isn't the leader in its category. Meanwhile, the world is evolving. You sold your soul to the devil. You're going to h.ell .. quickly.

Buh bye.

Journeyman

People are still complaining. As of today there are two WindowsPhone options that sprint can offer. They offer one of them ( The Arrive).  There are only two CDMA Windows Phones available and Verizon offers the other phone.  HTC is the only handset maker to date to  make a phone designed for the CDMA networks. Sprint is likely to only offer only one Windows Phone option when WinPhone 8 officially rolls. I am going to wait and see and complain when I have something to complain about.

Journeyman

.. and that "one WIN '8' " device will actually be a WIN7 device. That is over two years old. That is also currently the highest rated phone on Sprint.com. Which is the HTC Arrive. And then Sprint will continue to bury their heads in the Apple sandpile and say "SEE! People don't want WIN phones. Here .. you would prefer the crApple iThing 593, which is the same as the crApple iThing 4s. From 2011. Which was the same as the crApple iThing 4/3/2/1. Same old aging interface. BOW at the crApple altar. BOW!!!!!"

Journeyman

Sprint wasted billions of dollars on the iPhone in hopes it will be their cash cow; well they were wrong.  I hope they don't make the same wrong mistake by not carrying a Windows 8 Lumia 920 phone.  I'd be happy to dump my Sprint Galaxy S III for this. 

They should've spent that few billions on upgrading the 4G LTE technology, not on that dreadful iphone communist junkware.

Journeyman

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/98001

FYI, there is a possibility that the Nokia Lumia 920 could support the Sprint Network out of the box and unlocked.

Journeyman

I support the windows 8 phone.  I will gladly sign a petition to help influence sprint to make the right call here.  I am done with android operating systems.  It was fun, but I want something that syncs with everything I use to include my laptop....seamlessly. 

-GS2

Journeyman

Yeah... check the website to see what is currently offered for Windows Phone, they no longer offer the Arrive as a phone option...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat