cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Journeyman

Re: Sign The Petition For Sprint to offer a variety of Windows Phones

Consider signed..........

I have to agree with everyone on this Blog. Sprint is really blowing it. I've been a Sprint customer since the beginning and I remember when us the customer came first and they really listened to us. Windows phone is a great product I've been using mine now for a year and 1/2 and I was really looking forward to upgrading to Windows phone 8. For work I do not know of a better interface or OS. I have seen both the Nokia Lumia 900 devices and the HTC 8X, and I'm totally suprised that Sprint has not already preordered both of these devices. If sprint is not willing to offer a phone in a OS that we want, is that not a breach of their own contract and does that not make it easier for us to jump ship and go to another carrier?? Just curious on that? And if that is the case. then this decision on Sprints part is definitly a poor one! Not only for us the customer, but for Sprint itself as it leaves them vulnerable to mass departure of what was once a very loyal customer base.

Sorry to say this Sprint, but in my opinion you blew it this time. Give us a Windows 8 phone or lose us to another carrier.

Just saying................................................

Signed

customer

Journeyman

Windows 8 will be the make or break for my relationship with Sprint. I have been a Sprint customer since the 1980s, Way back when it was Sprint Long distance (land line) even.  I was a Gold Premier customer until they canned that program. It was nice.  My contract is up this Spring and I have given my family notice to not renew their phones until I confirm whether or not we can get Windows 8 phones.  If we cannot, we will be switching carriers.

It is that simple.

I prefer the simplicity of the Sprint contracts, and their customer service has been good (especially compared to other telecoms), but I do not want to join the evil empire (Apple), and Android just does not cut it.

Journeyman

If Sprint doesn't offer a Widows 8 phone in early November, I am moving to a new carrier, after 14 years.

Journeyman

Sprint are you reading these posts? We want Windows 8. Please give us an update.

Journeyman

Please Sprint! If you offer the Nokia Lumia 920 I would pick two up in a heartbeat. Both of my EVO 4G lines are no longer under contract, and whether or not I would keep those lines is depended on your Windows Phone 8 lineup.

Journeyman

I also am a long time Sprint customer. Cellular since 2001. But my experience with them goes back to ~1983/84 when they were U.S. Telecom. I have been a UST/Sprint long distance customer for (wow!) 28 years. And they are just a few weeks from losing me forever over their nonsupport of WP8. Like all previous companies that I have dumped in my lifetime, once I leave, I never go back. Never!  The cluelessness displayed by this company the last couple of years just boggles my mind!

Sprint .. I really want to still like you. Honestly. But this is just painful to watch! We are only a small representative of many thousands of your customers who will never post on these boards. I would surmise that 99.9% of those who want you to carry the WP8 devices like your competitors don't even know that this board exists. They will just silently move on to AT&T, T-Mob, and Verizon whom have all been very vocal in their support of the platform. No serious business person uses Droid or iPhoneys, and many are still hanging on a thread (like me) with WinMo 6.x devices because aside from the near-dead Blackberry, the Windows phone is the only serious business phone. I wanted the Nokia 900. I did NOT want another slider -- and I previously only purchased sliders because I HATE on screen keyboards. But the new WP7 keyboards had improved a lot. And Sprint only offered the extremely thick Arrive, which I heard was a great phone. But I WANTED the Nok 900. And yet Sprint, you are only committed to Apple's locked down, proprietary Playskool phones and Droid which is a phone for teens and college kids.

Give us OUR choice for a SERIOUS business phone! Tight integration with MS Office, and a fast, fluid interface with the most useful home screen available in a phone. Windows may have made some bone-head moves in the past, but they have done an awesome job with the WP8. It is absolute insanity to not be on board, in the front row, with the second largest technology company in the world!

Journeyman

We are wasting our time. This is like asking a woman to marry you who can't stand the sight of you. They don't want to marry you, and you don't want the results if they do agree.

If Sprint has not made their intentions clear to their customers interested in having a Windows 8 Phone by now, then it is clear they are not committed to that phone operating system. We would be stupid to assume that Sprint would support Windows 8 phones with service and upgrades in anything but a reluctant manner. That is NOT the kind of support any Sprint customer needs for a device they purchase. We need a statement of full and enthusiastic support of WIndow 8 phones by Sprint, and we haven't got it.

Their support of Windows 7 phones is minimal. I went to my local Sprint store today, and they did not even have a Windows 7 phone displayed.

The handwriting is on the wall, and if we do not read it, we are dumber than dumb. The only choice now is to pick an alternate carrier.

Personally, I want the Nokia Lumia 920, a clearly superior phone to any of the competing devices, including the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S III. This probably means that I will have to move to AT&T. But we should all be realistic about how our desire for a Windows 8 phone will be perceived at other carrier stores too.

When I also went to the local AT&T store, the staff there was very dismissive of WIndows phones too. I had heard that the Nokia Lumia 900 that AT&T carries had been received well, but the staff member I spoke with said the staff had been given those phones to carry for 90 days and didn't like them. This directly contradicts the satisfaction rating the 900 has on Amazon.com, where it has the highest satisfaction rating of any phone. I suspect that the AT&T store staff resented having to give up their current phone to use the WIndows phone, and wanted their iPhones or Android phones back. In some ways that might be understandable, but you should expect the staff at any other carrier store to try to steer you toward an iPhone or Android phone and talk you out of getting a Windows 8 phone.

Don't let them!! Stand your ground!! You want a distinctive device and you don't want to be an Android robot or an iSheep.

As a developer, I can tell you that the Windows 8 operating system that will debut in late October is a real game changer. It will join new WIndows Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database software and Office 2013, as Microsoft brings new products out to meet the needs of mobile devices and cloud computing. Windows 8 phones will be able to integrate better with the Windows PC's you already own.

I am lookng forward to owning a Windows 8 phone, and wish everyone good luck with whatever carrier they end up choosing.

Journeyman

PETITION SIGNED! With the upcoming release of HTC Windows Phone 8x and 8s, I was a bit hopeful that I would be able to stay with Sprint (my upgrade is coming next January). It turns out that these most likely will go to Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T with no plans (at least openly revealed) by Sprint to carry them. I'm afraid to say that this newly found relationship between Sprint and Apple is leaving quite a few customers unhappy and the fact that a carrier could ignore a good slice of it's customer base because they're in a contract and would have to pay a termination fee if they leave is something that should not be tolerated by any one of us here... I for one will be leaving Sprint just because of their lack of interest to make ME happy by offering a greater variety of Windows Phones... I guess the customer is NOT always right...

Journeyman

Signed. If there's no light at the end of the tunnel by December, I think I'll be jumping ship after being a customer for like... 14yrs?

Journeyman

If sprint does not get the nokia lumia 920 I will taking my business some where else.

Journeyman

Where is the Petition.... we need more windows phones,  we need more windows phones.... i want a new WINDOWS 8 PHONE!!!!

Journeyman

AND IT'S NOW 2012 NOT 2007... you sprint guys need to fix the date.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat