cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign the Petition: Bring Windows Nokia Lumia Phones to Sprint

Journeyman

Re: Sign the Petition: Bring Windows Nokia Lumia Phones to Sprint

I'm utterly shocked at something semi-unrelated here. I'm reading post after post of censored expletives that are allowed to remain visible in this thread. However, I've typed out 2 carefully worded, PG-rated, and thoroughly researched posts regarding Sprint and Windows Phone only to have them both inexplicably deleted by moderators.

Conspiracy theories aside, that alone speaks volumes about Sprint's position on Windows Phone in general. Curse them out and simply sound unreasonably angry in their forums and you're free to say what you wish. Put together a legitimate argument outlining the overall arch of the Sprint/WP pinpointing Sprint as the bad-guy and you're censored by the brass. I now know all I need to know.

I've switched from my Note 2 back to my HTC Arrive (on which Sprint has DISABLED MMS and group texting! another topic entirely) and I've purchased an ATIV S Neo on eBay. I refuse to give any more money to Sprint than necessary. Our contracts end in October and we're leaving. End. Of. Discussion. The family account I'm with now has been a customer for 15 years with at least 7 lines at any time. These shenanigans are over.

Journeyman

DIALM4SPEED wrote:

Meh! I could care less about Yuck-kia! If your a fan of WP then you need to be down with not only nokia but Samsung, HTC and whoever else is making WP

Nokia is the premier manufacturer of WP8. Apparently, you haven't been paying attention to all of the patents that Nokia has been filing recently .. some truly innovative features! I expect Nokia to regain major market share within the next three years. They are already doing very well at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. So much so, that they are now on the fourth and fifth generation of Nokia phones (they wouldn't be adding more and more Nokia handsets if they weren't successful). Nokia phones are among the top rated (reviewed) phones by end users at all three carriers. Meanwhile, Samsung and HTC are offering 3 year old handsets that were originally mid-level Droid models. Sprint chose for their first WP8 offerings to go with 3 year old mid-level Droid phones which were obsolete the day they were put on sale!  And Sprint has the audacity to say that "no one wants WP8 devices." No! No one wants the garbage WP8 devices that Sprint is selling, unless if they are desperate for what was semi-hot, mid-level technology back in 2011 with barely 4.5" screens!  Meanwhile, the current trend is for dual- and quad- core devices with 5 - 6" screens, which Nokia offers, but Sprint doesn't. And obviously won't.

Journeyman

Don't feel bad! I too have been in the same situation. I have also had things censored. Most of the time it was because I would use web links to other sources. I will be leaving a video that will give instructions on how to get Windows Phone 8.1. That should make people happy for a little while or until Sprint gets some Nokia Lumia Windows Phones.

Journeyman

We want Lumias! Who do we need to talk to to get a straight answer? The newsroom sucks. At least tell us you are working on getting them.

Journeyman

Add one more frustrated Sprint customer that is waiting for a flagship Lumia.

Journeyman

This should make people happy for the moment!

wp_ss_20140417_0002.jpg

Journeyman

While Sprint has claimed it will roll out the 8.1 update sometime this Summer, it still doesn't make up for the lack of quality devices such as the Lumias.

I'm running the developer preview 8.1 now. It's nice, but dahd gum, give us a Lumia or I'm gone at the end of my contract. Shoot, maybe before that, other carriers are paying people to switch nowadays. Sprint needs to do something to keep it's customers. We already have to put up with Unlimited crappy slow data.

Journeyman

Wow, I was wondering if Sprint will carry Nokia Windows Phones, I think I have my answer!

Journeyman

I left Sprint in Dec and got a  Nokia. Honestly you don't even want a Lumia on Sprints network. If you make the leap you will be kicking yourself you didn't do it sooner. I had no idea how bad the network was until I left. There are great deals out there and folks paying you to switch. Don't miss it

Journeyman

How can anyone run  a company like this? People are leaving in droves due to NO decent devices (i.e. they were last to the party with the i-Phone and by the time they purchased them, the devices were passé) and now NO 4G anywhere?!?!

I'm picking up a Lumia this weekend (sorry, I've had 10 HTC devices die on me, and I'll never own LG crap). So unless Sprint gets the Lumia in the next day or two, I'm OUTTA here!!

Master

cLOWNgOD,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can understand your frustration. Sprint is working hard to enhance our service across the nation. Check out www.sprint.com/network for updates. Sprint has a wide range of devices that are few comparable to what you are looking for. We hope that you change your mind about leaving us.

Social Care,
Lamar
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd like to add my voice to the list of those wanting a high-end Windows 8.x device!  It can be a Nokia or somthing else, although from what I've been reading, they seem to be the leaders in Windows 8.x phones.

Please Sprint, offer at least one high-end Windows 8.x phone.  Please!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat