Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions about the touch pro 2..Hope someone can answer...

Journeyman

Some questions about the touch pro 2..Hope someone can answer...

So anyway first i want to know if the camera has a flash?

Does the browser have flash support liike being able to play games and stuff on internet explorer..

Am i able to install third party apps that i dont have to pay for...If so,where can i get them?

Ive looked and havent found much on this..

Is the battery good?

Those are my main concerns..any help is appreciated.

Message was edited by: russellasquith

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Well to start with I find that the Palm Treo Pro is a very good Windows base phone. There is a learning curve with this model that I feel that the below average electronics user needs to be aware of. It does have a mobile Flash application but not the best. To me this is a workhorse phone built more for business and school if you need a handheld computer. There are many free applications but use only the sites that are included in the program download until you are familiar with the phone a bit more. Always store your downloads on the micro sd card...use a 16gb card. Then run the applications from there. There are a few important updates that need to be installed first before you get too involved into your phone. So go to the website on Sprint or check Palm for those. Remember, the more you take your time on this type of phone and read as much as possible regarding Windows 6.1 you won't be disappointed!

Journeyman

Talking about the HTC Touch Pro 2 (flip up screen)

The camera has no flash. Those are rare. Blackberry's generally do.

I think the browsers use Flash. I don't play any online games but I suspect the connection speed will be slow enough to degrade the enjoyment.

I've bought a few apps for about 30 bucks. The only free one I use that did not come on the phone is google maps and it is nice on the large screen.

The battery is fair to good. It is running a big screen and that hurts. My office is now in a fringe area and I'm roaming on Verizon and even their signal is weak and lots of calls are dropped. Trying to bring in these weak signals seems to drain the battery even more so that i often have to charge it during the day.

The main reason I got it is for the SIM card slot and the fact that Sprint lets you put anyone's SIM in. Very nice for avoiding $3000 data charges for a week in Europe.

The keyboard is not all that great: it really takes two hands and I still make lots of typos. The Palm Treo Pro was pretty nice in this regard. I still have it on another line and it is a marvel of compactness compared to the Touch Pro 2.

Journeyman

honestly I love this phone. I just wish it had a faster processor and more ram, but i'm power hungry like most men! Like the previouse person said no flash but who really uses flash anyway. In the day time it takes great pics. My only problem is the back case has been scratched a little but I take it off if I want a good clear pic (i work construction, so my phone takes a lot of abuse). I have found many awesome apps on xda-developers.com, this site is awesome. I am no tech expert but i enjoy it and this phone has been great to me. I have a lot of programs and really to switch to an iphone or droid, I don't think I could. I have found the battery to be pretty good, I find my self charging about every 8 hrs, which for how much use I get out of it in those 8hrs it pretty good! Well best of luck to ya and I hope you enjoy this phone, cause I do!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat