Did you mean: 

Sprint Accidentally Confirms Plans to Release Palm Treo Pro

Master

Sprint Accidentally Confirms Plans to Release Palm Treo Pro

18 REPLIES
Journeyman rdm
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Accidentally Confirms Plans to Release Palm Treo Pro

Thank goodness. Having the next generation Treo Pro out there on GSM only while trying to sell the bug ridden 800W was not good for Sprint. Good move Sprint!

Journeyman

I just found this article: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2280-1.htm

Apparently Best Buy has plans to sell the Treo Pro and that's great, but look at that $699.99 price tag! Someone has stepped way outside their mind!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

If you look at the Palm forums there are some problems with the 850w; but maybe not as many as with the 800w. Have they fixed the cracking cases yet?

I may be one who will never buy another Palm, at least from Sprint. They are way too complicated for Sprint to support.

Journeyman rdm
Journeyman

jss wrote:

If you look at the Palm forums there are some problems with the 850w; but maybe not as many as with the 800w. Have they fixed the cracking cases yet?

I may be one who will never buy another Palm, at least from Sprint. They are way too complicated for Sprint to support.

If you hold the GSM Pro and CDMA Pro next to each other you can see and feel that the case material is slightly different. There have even been slight changes to the keyboard. I bought and returned one at Best buy two weeks ago.

Journeyman

The Treo Pro seems to have been withdrawn from the market. Did you have problems with it? I noticed in the manual on Sprint site that it had MMS mail which I would prefer to Sprint's picture mail. Did that work?

Master

jss wrote:
The Treo Pro seems to have been withdrawn from the market. Did you have problems with it? I noticed in the manual on Sprint site that it had MMS mail which I would prefer to Sprint's picture mail. Did that work?

Why would the Treo Pro have been withdrawn from the market? It hasn't even been released yet other than the unlocked unsubsidized GSM variant. The Sorint CDMA version hasn't been released nationwide.

Journeyman

Perhaps like Klingon software, it was not released but escaped.

Some people actually bought the CDMA version at Best Buy, it was on the Sprint website, with manual, it was due to be released on Feb 15 but that was cancelled. Something is going on.

Journeyman UAM
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

Why would the Treo Pro have been withdrawn from the market? It hasn't even been released yet other than the unlocked unsubsidized GSM variant. The Sorint CDMA version hasn't been released nationwide.

Nationwide maybe not but it was sold.There are hands-on reviews of working models bought at retail on the biggest most reputable Treo community site last since month. They are of the Sprint Teo Pro, operating on Sprint, activated by Sprint.

Everyone is reporting the Sprint version it was recalled after initial sales for a memory problem and this is being fixed.The version released has only 20mb of remaining userram and this is a big bug.

Sprint Product Ambassador

The release of the Treo Pro was supposed to be Februrary.  Yes, this was changed in January for unknown reasons, BUT i have heard that it is still being released.  I have not hear anything about it being recalled, so rest assured, it should still be released there is just not a date set forth for it yet.  I would imagine sometime between now and May but that's just a guess.  I would like to see it as soon as possible, but we can only hope and wait. 

I have heard some customers state that Sprint should skip the Treo Pro and just release the Pre, but that's not the case.  Last I heard on the Palm Pre was that it was slated for release sometime in the first half of 2009, but I believe that the Pre was changed to the second half of 2009 (I think that I read that information on CBS MarketWatch).

Anyway hope this helps settle some doubt in the release of the Treo Pro

Master

The Pre is still on track to be released in the first half of this year from everything I have seen online. The Pro is still going to be widely released, it was pulled because of a memory bug in the software according to numerous reports from those who did manage to get one, so instead of pulling an 800w they decided to just stop selling it until that can be fixed.

If the device is supposed to have around 45mb of memory when it is turned on and instead it drops to 20 within minutes that is a pretty big issue that I would rather is fixed prior to release.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!