cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint To Get Nokia Lumia Windows Phones! I HOPE!

Highlighted
Master

Re: Sprint To Get Nokia Lumia Windows Phones! I HOPE!

EvilGregLew,

We have no official information as a release of a Windows device at this time. Please watch sprint.com/newsroom for all the latest updates.

Thank you,
*Shannon
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear SprintCare, Everyone in these forums knows about the newsroom. The newsroom is a place to go to see the actual announcement of things. However, what we as customers are complaining due to the lack of announcements. So, the newsroom is pointless to us.

We want some notice and assurance that Sprint is going to support the Window Phone platform in the future and offer worthy WP products SOON. If some information was already announced, we wouldn't be in here asking for information or venting about the lack of information dissemination. We would have already  seen it in the news, ton tech blogs, and even the Sprint newsroom. So, going to the newsroom won't help us now...unless there is an announcement that Sprint is going to start offering high end WP devices we are unaware of. So, STOP DIRECTING US THERE. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the solution to the question everyone is asking! ( http://www.wpcentral.com/should-you-get-preview-windows-phone-81-update-1 ) you will see that everyone will get the update and Sprint will be able to send it soon as well. If Sprint, Samsung, or HTC don't send it, it will not hurt anyone to get the developer preview. NO ONE HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE DEVELOPER PREVIEW! There were rumors at the beginning of the year that stated Sprint will be getting two new Windows Phones but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Also, the Summer does not really end until September. So, for those who have patients, continue to wait on Sprint. I'll just be waiting on Sprint to send patches and firmware updates to the update I already have. If you want to know how to update to the developer preview, check out my instructions here in the forums https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/788267#788267 Windows Phone 8.1 update 1 is almost here and we will be able to have unlocked Nokia Lumia phones on Sprint because President Barack Obama signed it into law ( http://www.cnet.com/news/president-signs-cell-phone-unlocking-bill-into-law/ ) The Nokia Lumia Icon on Verizon also known as the Nokia Lumia 930 looks pretty good for Sprint. If we can just get 4G with it!

Highlighted
Master

We will keep any and all information updated on Sprint.com/newsroom.
- Lorenzo
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 is here!wp_ss_20140804_0001.pngwp_ss_20140804_0003.pngwp_ss_20140804_0004.png

Highlighted
Master

APOCALYPSEAD ,

Thank you for the post. Keep us updated. We are always here to help.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I really hope that Sprint gets some higher end Nokia phones soon. I will be getting a new phone in 3 months and it will definitely be a Win phone, probably a Nokia.  Please make it easy for me to stay w/you.  The reason I am switching from Android is that the privacy agreement was very bad before; and, the new one is even worse. For example, since it is illegal to do some of their actions under US law, they state that they can move your data to another country where it is legal and even though they are using American citizens data collected from American networks to do operations which are prohibited by U.S. law, they feel justified skirting the letter of the law but they aren't following the intent of the law. 'Do no evil' is supposed to be their corporate motto. Really? Having that motto is like someone telling you, 'I'm not going to lie to you.' Well, you know that's exactly what they are going to do.

Can I ask why you don't have Nokia phones?

Thanks

Highlighted
Master

Dave117,

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, there is no published as to if or when we might sell that brand; however, please check www.sprint.com/newsroom for possible updates.

Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is some news from PhoneArena

Rumour: HTC One for Windows coming to all major US carriers

HTC One (M8) for Windows to be also available from Sprint and T-Mobile? 

Just a week ago, HTC unveiled the Windows Phone version of its flagship – the HTC One (M8) for Windows. As we already said, there is no difference between the two devices, save for the OS and the purportedly better battery life of its Windows Phone iteration. The phone is already exclusively available from Verizon. AT&T also announced that it will be selling the device later in 2014. Okay, the two largest US carriers are well aboard now, but what about the other representatives of the quartet, T-Mobile and Sprint?

According to @upleaks, often regarded as the successor to the infamous @evleaks, the HTC One (M8) for Windows will also be eventually available from T-Mobile, too. As far as Sprint is concerned, another speculation has it that the third-largest carrier will be also offering HTC's WP 8.1 flagship device. As usual, one should be employing the “wait-and-see” principle when it comes to such rumors. However, if they get to hold water and the HTC One (M8) for Windows arrives at T-Mobile and Sprint, the device will become the first Windows Phone flagship that is available from all major US carriers.

Are you a T-Mobile or a Sprint subscriber? Would you get the HTC One (M8) for Windows if your carrier offered it? Share your thoughts with us!

Highlighted
Master

APOCALYPSEAD,

Thanks for all of y our updates. You can check for more information in the Sprint newsroom www.sprint.com/newsroom Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare wrote:

APOCALYPSEAD,

Thanks for all of y our updates. You can check for more information in the Sprint newsroom www.sprint.com/newsroom Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care

The newsroom sucks

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat