cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint now advertising if you want a good phone use another carrier!

Journeyman

Sprint now advertising if you want a good phone use another carrier!

Wouldn't Sprint make more money and get more customers if they just started carrying good phones like the HD2, TG02, iPhone or the imagio a year ago?

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Sprint now advertising if you want a good phone use another carrier!

Wow.. what a stupid advertisement,it must have been made by ATT.  Why not use the hotspot to power your own awesome sprint phone? Can't believe people get paid to produce this crap.. geez

Journeyman

Shortfatrich wrote:

Why not use the hotspot to power your own awesome sprint phone?

RFLMAO - "awesome sprint phone"  - a new oxymoron to add to my repetoire - like jumbo shrimp or friendly fire.

Journeyman

LOL ... Well maybe not awesome but they could have used the Hero that is still better than the iphone, or wait a until the Supersonic or N1 drops.

Message was edited by: Shortfatrich

Journeyman

WTH is up with this?  Why show how much faster your 4g is by using the iphone as an example?

Is there not another phone...maybe a Freggin Sprint phone you could have used?

Steve Jobs in charge of your commercials now?

Journeyman

goygacon wrote:

Is there not another phone...maybe a Freggin Sprint phone you could have used?

Not a phone that anyone would be excited about.   Perhaps next week they'll make another promotional video showing off someone using the 4G and their HD2 with Tmobile.

Journeyman

I think the premise is that if you have an iPhone 3G, and the data on it sucks which in reality it DOES suck, then why not use Sprint 4G (they make money, you get internet) Its a win win, but I agree, the commercials pit AT&T and iPhone against Sprint in a bad light, not in a good light.

Journeyman

So far, all the comments on this particular thread have been negative. For some alternate opinions, you may want to check out the following:

YouTube: Out of 199 ratings so far, the average is 4.5 out of 5 stars. Almost 267,000 hits so far, which ain't bad at all, considering it's an ad also showing on TV.

From Boy Genius Report: "clever, amusing, and possibly insulting promotional video"

Apple Insider says this approach is similar to something Verizon is about to do with the iPad

The Apple Blog has some fairly nice things to say

Engadget says "Sprint's taking a pretty bold approach by actually touting the feature  in a new spot"

This is not intended to dismiss anything said in this thread, but just to say what I've seen in other places tends to be a bit more positive about this ad.

One thing that actually surprised me, and maybe the Community can speak to this: I regularly see complaints here and elsewhere about how carriers make exclusive deals with manufacturers. I saw this ad as breaking through that barrier, much as "Any Mobile, Anytime" broke through the barrier of carrier calling circles, changing the mobile landscape forever.

Journeyman

racqueteer wrote:

I saw this ad as breaking through that barrier, much as "Any Mobile, Anytime" broke through the barrier of carrier calling circles, changing the mobile landscape forever.

Hello,

If Sprint unlocks their network so I can put any CDMA phone that is compatible, I think that would be huge.   But paying monthly fees for both a carrier that has a good phone selection and then for Sprint doesn't make much sense to me.   It also doesn't make sense for me to lug around a second device just to use a good phone.   However if Sprint unlocked their network, manufacturers could make CDMA versions of great phones we want and sell them to us direct.   I could have bought the imagio from Verizon long ago and used it to hold me over until I could get an HD2 or HD3.

I agree I can be negative about Sprint.  I got a good deal with them that is about as low at tmobile for pricing but I get better coverage with Sprint.   However the selection of phones on ANY other carrier seems so much better.  

Journeyman

"One thing that actually surprised me, and maybe the Community can speak  to this: I regularly see complaints here and elsewhere about how  carriers make exclusive deals with manufacturers. I saw this ad as  breaking through that barrier, much as "Any Mobile, Anytime" broke  through the barrier of carrier calling circles, changing the mobile  landscape forever."

I have no problem with the concept, in fact it is quite ingenious, but how it was presented was a bit self deprecating. They should have done it in two stages. First, show how great it works with a good sprint phone Hero, Moment, Supersonic ( whenever that drops )etc, then, when the iTampon comes out show how great it works with that, so people can see how to get a sweet phone plus the apple toys if they want one.

Journeyman

Do you feel that the recent announcements about the upcoming Nexus One and the 4G phone in development will improve your perception of Sprint's device line-up?

In addition to devices that can be used across different carriers, what else would you recommend? For instance, what do you want a phone to be able to do that Sprint devices can't do today?

Thanks for your input!

Journeyman

racqueteer wrote:

Do you feel that the recent announcements about the upcoming Nexus One and the 4G phone in development will improve your perception of Sprint's device line-up?

In addition to devices that can be used across different carriers, what else would you recommend? For instance, what do you want a phone to be able to do that Sprint devices can't do today?

Thanks for your input!

The mobile hotspot feature of Palm Pre+ is one feature I would definitely love to see on sprint or at least allow tethering. I know that would defeat the purpose of a stand alone hotspot device but that is the point . I don't want to walk around with 3 or 4 devices that essentially do the same thing but have the features disabled. I don't even mind paying a reasonable extra price for unlimited tethering say $10-$15 a month but $30+ extra is ridiculous.

Oh yeah , the new phones definitely kick ass, keep em coming and roll out more 4G areas very quickly ( with good customer service support of course) and Sprint will rule.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat