cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing ppc6700 to Vista?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Syncing ppc6700 to Vista?

I used to sync my ppc to an office computer running windows xp. I am no longer employed there and would like to sync with my hp which is running vista. "Windows media device center" will only give me the option to connect to a bluetooth and no option to change it. The "Sync center" will recognize my phone but will only allow me to sync with media.

I tried to install active sync from the original disk but it wont install because of the later version of "sync" on the computer.

I have quite a bit ofcontacts and dates on my ppc and would like to back it up to my computer. Please give me suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Syncing ppc6700 to Vista?

I have never had issues resyncing to a new computer, the syncing is not tied to a specific computer and only that one. Everytime I have tried to sync, I just plug in my Mogul and then open the Windows Mobile Device Center. After a couple seconds it will update showing the device. If it is already setup to sync it will try to sync. If it isn't setup to sync it shows options to setup the sync partnership. Is it giving you any specific error messages? I will take some screenshots later tonight when I get home to show what I see when I sync.

Journeyman

if you never installed anything in Vista. try installing the latest version from here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx

this solved my problems when syncing using vista.

Journeyman

More than likely going to leave sprint because the vender site stopped

my bonus because I transferred an airave call to the airave support site

after fixing the phones on the account. So I am deleting my postings.

Message Edited by Threestepps on 12-29-2008 01:09 PM

Journeyman

If you're willing to sync to the web instead of your computer, you can always check out Dashwire. Will hold off on too much of an ad, but Dashwire is a free solution that syncs your contacts, text messages, photos, videos, calls, voicemail, phone settings, etc. Since it's a web solution, there's nothing for you to install on your computer, and no problems going from one to the next. Also some cool features available once your stuff is on the web.

Check it out...http://dashwire.com

Message Edited by Dashwire on 06-10-2008 08:28 PM

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat